Cannot lose money in pigs teerak...hmmmm

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^

Beginning to sound like DCs been scammed.

No pigs at all, just another story to get cash from a daft foreigner.

10-20 pigs, believable.

Even 50 ........ but 1000 ??????

yep i agree,

1000,,lol

we run about 120, we try and get out at least 20 a month, so it 20 out 20 in,(its mostly around 30 we get out),

there will be 28 this month,

it could of been a typo and he ment 10, or she ment 10

I had 500 at any one time. 2 Boars , 10 sows and totally self contained apart from Feed. Killed 2 a day sold daily via our 2 trucks early morn..hard work for 50 Bht a Kilo back then,but good fun. C.P. Was the biggest prob,knowing too much 20 years ago.

My first adventure after retiring was letting my wife's family raise my pigs.

First litter was 12. They all we were kidnapped. The niece said they were wrong on the gestation period and overslept. Said the piglets were all crushed by the mom. I believe the mom was swapped out, after pregnancy. Started with four moms.....paid for four pens, and all the food...and then all piglets disappeared. No money back. We were going for 100 adult pigs....the minimum from which you will see a profit. As soon as you fight over the expenses, missing piglets, food and salary....your pigs will mysteriously get sick and die.

Make sure you start with 100....and her relatives are honest

First litter was 12. They all we were kidnapped. The niece said they were wrong on the gestation period and overslept. Said the piglets were all crushed by the mom. I believe the mom was swapped out, after pregnancy. Started with four moms.....paid for four pens, and all the food...and then all piglets disappeared. No money back. We were going for 100 adult pigs....the minimum from which you will see a profit. As soon as you fight over the expenses, missing piglets, food and salary....your pigs will mysteriously get sick and die.

hmmmm ... pretty sad when you can't even trust your own family. Sounds like you needed a security camera on the four pens ...

hmmmm ... pretty sad when you can't even trust your own family. Sounds like you needed a security camera on the four pens ...

nope.

you need to do what all serious businesses do in Thailand:

- have high fences

- employ security personnel

- have cameras to monitor the activities of the security personnel

Forget the "family" - even if the girl and/or her immediate family are honest (rare), among poor Thais there will always be uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. who are at all times out to take advantage of anybody they can.

As foreigners, we are always under the impression that they do this only to us, but once you stay for a while in Thailand, you see how these low-lives even steal from each other.

I have enjoyed reading this topic. I was with a girl last year from Phits and I had a feeling she was mainly interested in money. Anyway, I was in Pattaya and got to the stage where I fancied a change so went and stayed at her mums for a week in the rural part of Phitsanaluk. While I was there they mentioned about buying 2 sows and developing a small pig farm from that beginning. I was never asked for anything to start the business and while I was there, I only paid my way via the local 7/11 and a crate of chang or 2 between the brother and me. When the week was over and we were boarding the minivan back to Pattaya, I asked her if i owed ger mum anything for my weeks' stay. She said no its ok as I had paid for some food while I was there, so maybe my 1st thought was wrong about her being mainly interested in money. As for the pig farm I just thought it was a fleeting idea.

When it was time for my holiday to end, we parted ways and said we would keep in touch (not as bf/gf) as we all know only fools fall for that one!!

A few weeks later when I was back in the UK, on skype she showed me the 2 sows and told me they were pregnant and true to her word, each sow had 8 piglets each which I saw once they were born. Maybe I was hasty about her and the obsession with money but hey ho, it wasnt to be.

My point on this part of my post is the relationship side of things, maybe not all northern girls are to be tarred with the same brush although I did think by what the OP said about his potential gf initially was enough to make us all believe that he had no future with this girl selling her jacksie in Singapore!!

As far as pigeonjake is concerned, I can only tip my hat and say well done. You obviously know what you are doing, enjoy what you are doing and have a quite content life. I would like to think I could live like that and with a lot of research and common sense, maybe one day I could. I dont have the nouse to dabble in the stock market so I would need to work (or set something up) to have an income as I want to stay in Thailand full time as and when the right time comes. I have spent most of my time in Thailand in Pattaya but even that gets monotonous. Maybe for me a quiet life like Jake has would be good with the odd weekend to look forward to to mix it up would be my way to live. After all, do I want to spend the next 30 - 40 years sitting in Nikom bar staring out at Soi Buakhow until the grim reaper decides to touch my arm?

Each to their own . . . Id rather be kept fairly busy and feel like I had earned a cold 1 or 4 than force myself out for a beer whether I want 1 or not. I guess Jake has his offshore work to break any monotony up that he may have.

I had a bad ending to a relationship in UK years ago and have found trust hard to deal with again but I hope one day to have a happy life with that butterfly feeling of contentment rather than the sick feeling of being taken for a ride

I have enjoyed reading this topic. I was with a girl last year from Phits and I had a feeling she was mainly interested in money. Anyway, I was in Pattaya and got to the stage where I fancied a change so went and stayed at her mums for a week in the rural part of Phitsanaluk. While I was there they mentioned about buying 2 sows and developing a small pig farm from that beginning. I was never asked for anything to start the business and while I was there, I only paid my way via the local 7/11 and a crate of chang or 2 between the brother and me. When the week was over and we were boarding the minivan back to Pattaya, I asked her if i owed ger mum anything for my weeks' stay. She said no its ok as I had paid for some food while I was there, so maybe my 1st thought was wrong about her being mainly interested in money. As for the pig farm I just thought it was a fleeting idea.

When it was time for my holiday to end, we parted ways and said we would keep in touch (not as bf/gf) as we all know only fools fall for that one!!

A few weeks later when I was back in the UK, on skype she showed me the 2 sows and told me they were pregnant and true to her word, each sow had 8 piglets each which I saw once they were born. Maybe I was hasty about her and the obsession with money but hey ho, it wasnt to be.

My point on this part of my post is the relationship side of things, maybe not all northern girls are to be tarred with the same brush although I did think by what the OP said about his potential gf initially was enough to make us all believe that he had no future with this girl selling her jacksie in Singapore!!

As far as pigeonjake is concerned, I can only tip my hat and say well done. You obviously know what you are doing, enjoy what you are doing and have a quite content life. I would like to think I could live like that and with a lot of research and common sense, maybe one day I could. I dont have the nouse to dabble in the stock market so I would need to work (or set something up) to have an income as I want to stay in Thailand full time as and when the right time comes. I have spent most of my time in Thailand in Pattaya but even that gets monotonous. Maybe for me a quiet life like Jake has would be good with the odd weekend to look forward to to mix it up would be my way to live. After all, do I want to spend the next 30 - 40 years sitting in Nikom bar staring out at Soi Buakhow until the grim reaper decides to touch my arm?

Each to their own . . . Id rather be kept fairly busy and feel like I had earned a cold 1 or 4 than force myself out for a beer whether I want 1 or not. I guess Jake has his offshore work to break any monotony up that he may have.

I had a bad ending to a relationship in UK years ago and have found trust hard to deal with again but I hope one day to have a happy life with that butterfly feeling of contentment rather than the sick feeling of being taken for a ride

I think i'm gonna cry .... violin.gif

I think i'm gonna cry .... violin.gif

Into your Chang? burp.gif

i see there is a lot of expert pig farmers posting here, and i bet half of them have never seen a pig,

you can make money from pig farming,!

its all about getting the right contacts,

we buy our feed direct from a mill, saying on starter feed 200bht a bag down to finnishing feed we save 48bht a bag from the feed shop prices,

we buy our piglets in at 800 to 1200 bht a piglet depending on size,

it take us 4 months to grow them out to 100 kilo and at the moment its 55 bht a kilo farm gate price

its takes aprox 6 bags of feed per pig, so you can say 2700bht to rear,+ say 1200 per piglet= 3900

at 100 kilo we get 5500 per pig, sometimes more,

at the moment its at least 1600 bht profit,

and we sell between 20 and 40 pigs a month,

its 840 here and ive just finnished the cleaning and feeding,

we also have ducks for eggs and meat and chickens for the same,my wife sells eggs everyday, and we have just started selling a few fish as the pond behind the pig stys was just doing nothing, now every 3 month we put in and take out 1000 cat fish,

so please done comment unless you know what your talking about, thats the trouble with TV nowadays,

TO MANY EXPERTS WHO KNOW F££K ALL

Disagree. The girl & her family can make money from pig farming. Esp when the seed money is free. Yon clueless farang makes nothing. If they choose to give him anything beyond room, board, pocket money & a shared bed, consider it a gift. Beyond that, his ROI is zero.

disagree,

our farm is our home for us and our children,,i dont keep no family, my family is my wife and children, look at the pictures and posts i have posted in the past you will see our life,

i still work offshore, the pig farm is for when i retire,

yes im from farming stock in the uk my mum still has a farm, it was a natual thing for me to get into,

and as for a work permit as the cleaver poster stated,, its my wifes farm,,,

i really cant believe the attitude of some posters on here, they are allways ready to knock anyone who wants to try something,

there is good money in pigs,

just some of you cant get your ass out the bar to see what is on offer here in thailand, looking through your beer glasses you will never see thailand,

you will be sitting in the bar when your number gets called or when you run out of money,or the exchange rate get to bad you have to go home,

dont knock others for giving it a go,

some of us are very happy with our lifes here in thailand, just because we dont shout it from the roof tops,

Nice to see someone that it is working out ok for. I do think it helps having a farming background tho.

I've been toying with the idea of pigs and or fish, but I have zero background of business or farming so I'm sure it would just be an expensive hobby...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived