Cannot lose money in pigs teerak...hmmmm

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had 20 pigs (females).

It is a lot of work and no day free.

The only way we could make money with it was to mix the pig food ourselves (ready mix is to expensive).

Breed the piglets ourselves (we kept 1 male for that, otherwise it will cost you 700 baht every time) (buying pilets cost you around 1200 -1600 baht)

Feed the piglets untill they are over 100 kilos (in 3 or 4 months)

slaughter the pigs ourselves at home.

Put the meat in bags of 5 kilos and drive around ourselves in the car to sell the 5 kilo bags for 500 baht.

That was the only way we made some money with it....but not a lot.

remember also that our living standards are not the same as the Isaan living standards..... we just need more money than a Isaan farmer.

Along with Jake one of the most honest posts so far. I had one of the most modern semi automated farms 25 Years ago.700 at any one time selling 400 Kilos most days via markets and 3 mobiles per day.Breeding,Killing and Selling. C.P made me an offer, i took it. C.P still runs it to this day and its much bigger,1500+ im told.. You cant get a break, its to much like hard work.

During my 15 years in Thailand, I have seen many small pig farming start-ups. Not one has survived. That suggests to me that it is not easy to earn money with pigs, especially without knowledge/experience.

best reply yet thumbsup.gif

An alternative perspective; in rural CM, a lot of pig-farming, (and chickens too) are that you link to a total firm, like Betagrow. They supply the piglets and the food, all you do is fatten them up. Then after about 5 months the big firm arrange collection and take to market. You get the pay for fattening them up, that's all. I say this from experience - yes, I started a capital loan of 1m bt to my new wife to start a pig farm for 600 pigs. That was 13 years ago. She employed family members, so that kept the family happy. She's a good business woman, the pig farm has grown to 1,800 pigs, with alternative fuel system of methane from the pig shit. My wife has now developed 12 rai of Lumyai orchard, and a chicken farm for 10,000 chickens, (same system as the pig farm).

I know of another farang locally with a similar story - so in essence, to the OP, it can be done, despite all the doom-merchants of TV

I know Betagro ( same Betagrow?) I like the idea. Can you send me the contact details ?

lets leave my relationship out of this for one moment and concentrate on the question about money in pig farming. im interested in your reply ref betagrow. would be interested to know if you did start with 100 piglets how much money could you stand to gain and from how many years months .

I don't see anyone using silage for animal feeds. Why is that?

if you look at my pics you will see we bed our pigs on straw, cuts down on the smell as we spray with EM, but most of the experts wont know about this, as they dont know about pigs,

when the pigs are neally at weight we buy corn at 7bht kilo we buy it by the ton, soak it again in EM and molasis, brings them on great and adds to the flavour of the meat,

but i dont understand your question,?

we can sell pig poo at 45bht a bag, but im still using all we have on our own land, ive got a small tractor and roto tiller and it goes into our land for the fruit trees,

like i said i was from farming stock in the uk, so it was what i wanted to do here,

when i do retire fully ill get sheep too,

i make beautiful lincolnshire and cumberland sausage,+ pork pies,

and believe me with using EM and molases pigs dont smell half as bad as some of the pig experts on here are saying,

its takes a couple of hours morning and evening to take care of our pigs, its far better then just sitting in a bar all day, or even just sat on our varanda,

its what you enjoy that matters, i enjoy taking care of all our animals,

pigs, ducks 3 typs, chickens, fancy pigeons of all colours, budgies, zebra finches, fish, not just the ones to eat, dogs,

then the veg we grow, i know goes on our veg, all organic, same as all our eggs and meat, duck,chicken all organic,

this is the last im posting,,

i dont feal the need to try and convert,

every one to there own thing, im into farming,,,

respect to you and very best of luck , you sound like your living the dream in isaan wai.gif

OP, are you old enough to dig yourself in at an Isaan village?

Except for some very special people, living in Isaan is an endless bore.

Special – and in many cases, deranged. Exceptions of course. At least with a Pattaya bar there'd be some fun while losing money.

i see there is a lot of expert pig farmers posting here, and i bet half of them have never seen a pig,

you can make money from pig farming,!

its all about getting the right contacts,

we buy our feed direct from a mill, saying on starter feed 200bht a bag down to finnishing feed we save 48bht a bag from the feed shop prices,

we buy our piglets in at 800 to 1200 bht a piglet depending on size,

it take us 4 months to grow them out to 100 kilo and at the moment its 55 bht a kilo farm gate price

its takes aprox 6 bags of feed per pig, so you can say 2700bht to rear,+ say 1200 per piglet= 3900

at 100 kilo we get 5500 per pig, sometimes more,

at the moment its at least 1600 bht profit,

and we sell between 20 and 40 pigs a month,

its 840 here and ive just finnished the cleaning and feeding,

we also have ducks for eggs and meat and chickens for the same,my wife sells eggs everyday, and we have just started selling a few fish as the pond behind the pig stys was just doing nothing, now every 3 month we put in and take out 1000 cat fish,

so please done comment unless you know what your talking about, thats the trouble with TV nowadays,

TO MANY EXPERTS WHO KNOW F££K ALL

No Jake, there are too many like You.. O.K. It suits your lifestyle, respect your resolve, but then you choose to insult posters offering sound opinions to the O.P. question..Its hard work,and not easy money.All you need is to upset the Locals, have no work permit,local admin to shut you down, YES even upcountry , and ones lost the Lot.

i dont have a problem with posters giving advice, ive had plenty of it on here in the old days, from some of the old pig farmers on here,

what really pisses me off is that some posters just jump on the old band wagon that all thai girls are going to rip you off,

not one of the posters on here know this girl that the OP has met,

YET ALL ARE SAYING SHE IS JUST AFTER YOU MONEY HER FAMILY ARE NO GOOD THEY WILL THROW YOU OUT WHEN THE MONEY IS GONE,

please tell me how they can all come to this conclusion?

they are not all the same my friend, i dont live in issan now were near it but i dont think that all the girls from there are bad, im not that small minded,

thats what gets me,

and as for the locals round were i live i would say they are fine, they have all seen me making my pig stys laying blocks ect,(my dad was a builder) so i do most of my own building work too,

sometimes when i off getting piglets they will ask can i pick them a couple up, not a problem, i even sell them feed, at a much lower cost then the shops,

i just wish some would get away from there bar stool and stop looking through beer glasses, as not all thai girls are bad,

and yes you could say im still looking through rose tinted glasses, but my god they havnt fell of yet and thats after 9 years,

and to the other poster who asked about how much money goes back into my bank account,

ill put it this way, we dont touch my money from my offshore work we live very very well from our farm, my wife keeps excelent books for when i get home, i dont even bother to look at them, see its all about trust, and that seams to be lacking in a lot of the posters on here,

i came home on the 8th from my last trip and there was 123,000bht in my desk draw,

i wanted to buy my wife a small car, ide seen a couple, proton savey auto, she cant drive but i would like her to learn,

but she wouldnt have it,, so i got her a motor bike and side car, thats what she wanted,,lol, to take the kids to school,

please believe me when i say it they are not all on the make,

you can call me lucky, i think i am,

jake

Not sure if she is a bad girl???

If you read every post so far from the OP on this thread you would know that he said she had recently been working as a whore in Singapore.

Nuff said. 555

i see there is a lot of expert pig farmers posting here, and i bet half of them have never seen a pig,

we buy our feed direct from a mill, saying on starter feed 200bht a bag down to finnishing feed we save 48bht a bag from the feed shop prices,

it take us 4 months to grow them out to 100 kilo and at the moment its 55 bht a kilo farm gate price

its takes aprox 6 bags of feed per pig, so you can say 2700bht to rear,+ say 1200 per piglet= 3900

we also have ducks for eggs and meat and chickens for the same,my wife sells eggs everyday, and we have just started selling a few fish as the pond behind the pig stys was just doing nothing, now every 3 month we put in and take out 1000 cat fish,

so please done comment unless you know what your talking about, thats the trouble with TV nowadays,

No Jake, there are too many like You.. O.K. It suits your lifestyle, respect your resolve, but then you choose to insult posters offering sound opinions to the O.P. question..Its hard work,and not easy money.All you need is to upset the Locals, have no work permit,local admin to shut you down, YES even upcountry , and ones lost the Lot.

i dont have a problem with posters giving advice, ive had plenty of it on here in the old days, from some of the old pig farmers on here,

what really pisses me off is that some posters just jump on the old band wagon that all thai girls are going to rip you off,

not one of the posters on here know this girl that the OP has met,

YET ALL ARE SAYING SHE IS JUST AFTER YOU MONEY HER FAMILY ARE NO GOOD THEY WILL THROW YOU OUT WHEN THE MONEY IS GONE,

please tell me how they can all come to this conclusion?

they are not all the same my friend, i dont live in issan now were near it but i dont think that all the girls from there are bad, im not that small minded,

thats what gets me,

and as for the locals round were i live i would say they are fine, they have all seen me making my pig stys laying blocks ect,(my dad was a builder) so i do most of my own building work too,

sometimes when i off getting piglets they will ask can i pick them a couple up, not a problem, i even sell them feed, at a much lower cost then the shops,

i just wish some would get away from there bar stool and stop looking through beer glasses, as not all thai girls are bad,

and yes you could say im still looking through rose tinted glasses, but my god they havnt fell of yet and thats after 9 years,

and to the other poster who asked about how much money goes back into my bank account,

ill put it this way, we dont touch my money from my offshore work we live very very well from our farm, my wife keeps excelent books for when i get home, i dont even bother to look at them, see its all about trust, and that seams to be lacking in a lot of the posters on here,

i came home on the 8th from my last trip and there was 123,000bht in my desk draw,

i wanted to buy my wife a small car, ide seen a couple, proton savey auto, she cant drive but i would like her to learn,

but she wouldnt have it,, so i got her a motor bike and side car, thats what she wanted,,lol, to take the kids to school,

please believe me when i say it they are not all on the make,

you can call me lucky, i think i am,

jake

Not sure if she is a bad girl???

If you read every post so far from the OP on this thread you would know that he said she had recently been working as a whore in Singapore.

Nuff said. 555

and it rhymes too.

yeah yeah yeah....do it. It will all work out for the best. You can't lose. What are you waiting for wasting your time asking for "advice" on this freakazoid website? Don't delay....act now. Wow I wish I were you....I'd be deep in pig shit already!!!!!!!

You are so lucky.

go go go go

An alternative perspective; in rural CM, a lot of pig-farming, (and chickens too) are that you link to a total firm, like Betagrow. They supply the piglets and the food, all you do is fatten them up. Then after about 5 months the big firm arrange collection and take to market. You get the pay for fattening them up, that's all. I say this from experience - yes, I started a capital loan of 1m bt to my new wife to start a pig farm for 600 pigs. That was 13 years ago. She employed family members, so that kept the family happy. She's a good business woman, the pig farm has grown to 1,800 pigs, with alternative fuel system of methane from the pig shit. My wife has now developed 12 rai of Lumyai orchard, and a chicken farm for 10,000 chickens, (same system as the pig farm).

I know of another farang locally with a similar story - so in essence, to the OP, it can be done, despite all the doom-merchants of TV

I know Betagro ( same Betagrow?) I like the idea. Can you send me the contact details ?

lets leave my relationship out of this for one moment and concentrate on the question about money in pig farming. im interested in your reply ref betagrow. would be interested to know if you did start with 100 piglets how much money could you stand to gain and from how many years months .

Sorry, it is Betagro - talk to them, (google it). They will recommend size of farm, (100 pigs not enough) and give construction requirements (water, feeding, sluicing, etc). Just as an example, our 1,800 pigs gross profit of 500 000 twice a year. After wages, overheads, then net is 180,000/200,000 a year. My wife reinvests this in developing the business, building the chicken farm, lumyai orchards etc. We were offered a 5.5 m baht for the whole business recently - not bad from a 1m start 13 years ago.

Follow the head between your ears...not the one in your pants...

I don't know where you two are supposed to live...but if it is anywhere near a pig farm...the smell alone will drive you insane...think about disease, predators...both 2 legged and 4 legs...you will be very fortunate if your ever recoup your investment...be careful to set enough money aside to support yourself if this venture goes pig-belly up...

Good Luck...

Well it seem that you are smarter than many more who first make the mistake and then come here crying. I can call anything an investment when it is secured. I mean if you start the pig farm how will you prove that they are yours and you own them in case things doesn't work out well.

I know someone who had a pig farm started with 6 large pig that he said he paid around 8000 baht or so for them. They were female pig. So I think he said they give birth once or twice a year and each time there will be 5 to 6 piglet. He keep them for few months to grow up and then sell them for about 6000 baht each. He was happy with this until one of piglet got sick and then another and another, few died and since he was not expert in this and the doctor told him they all might die, he sold them all.

Now in your case these girls always start with something but you never know then they carry on and on until you are finished with your cash. You should find out how much is the value of 6 Rai land over there. I am sure it is not much. And also the land is hers anyway and probably will be the pig farm as well. I am sure once you start the pig farm you have to build a house there too. Good luck

From the OP: Girl says she has fallen in love with me ( or my money lol ) she wants us to go live in isaan ( these thai chicks move fast ) anyway she does seem like a lovely girl and i just spent a couple months with her .

On that he's prepared to place his future in her hands by going into pig farming in Isaan?

Nuff said.

I don't see anyone using silage for animal feeds. Why is that?

if you look at my pics you will see we bed our pigs on straw, cuts down on the smell as we spray with EM, but most of the experts wont know about this, as they dont know about pigs,

when the pigs are neally at weight we buy corn at 7bht kilo we buy it by the ton, soak it again in EM and molasis, brings them on great and adds to the flavour of the meat,

but i dont understand your question,?

we can sell pig poo at 45bht a bag, but im still using all we have on our own land, ive got a small tractor and roto tiller and it goes into our land for the fruit trees,

like i said i was from farming stock in the uk, so it was what i wanted to do here,

when i do retire fully ill get sheep too,

i make beautiful lincolnshire and cumberland sausage,+ pork pies,

and believe me with using EM and molases pigs dont smell half as bad as some of the pig experts on here are saying,

its takes a couple of hours morning and evening to take care of our pigs, its far better then just sitting in a bar all day, or even just sat on our varanda,

its what you enjoy that matters, i enjoy taking care of all our animals,

pigs, ducks 3 typs, chickens, fancy pigeons of all colours, budgies, zebra finches, fish, not just the ones to eat, dogs,

then the veg we grow, i know goes on our veg, all organic, same as all our eggs and meat, duck,chicken all organic,

this is the last im posting,,

i dont feal the need to try and convert,

every one to there own thing, im into farming,,,

respect to you and very best of luck , you sound like your living the dream in isaan wai.gif

if you read all my posts on YOUR thread, you will see im not in issan as it says in my profile im in wangnamyen in sakaeo province,

and ill say it once more, yes i do have a great life, the life i chose, because i just happen to like farming, i like to be messing about with my little tractor, at the moment this is how i like it, i go offshore for my rotation, come back do a bit of farming, go to work again back to farming, it helps me to relax,

ive allways been a grafter, i cant just sit about,that isnt me, yes i like mucking out animals, call me strange call me stupid, but i like taking care of them, they are with us just over 4 months but they have a happy life in that short time,

at the end of the day as i said before its each to there own, i couldnt sit in a bar all day or sleep all day and sit in a bar all night, but others like it, i dont have a problem with that its there life to do as they want with,

more people should live and let live without calling the lady this and that,

a couple of answers to a expert poster

1, castration,, 3 days old you do it yourself, skills you learn, little nick with a scalpol,pop them out a little purple iodine and bobs your uncle,

2, no need for a flat bed truck,, the buyers my friend come and pick them up, i even get my feed deliverd 3 ton at a time from a feed mill at cost price, so my feed prices are low

3, injections, vacines, we do them ourselfs, iron for babies, b12 for slow growers, ect ect

if you use your head you can learn all you need to know,

Does that mean u are putting in half 250k.I think it sounds interesting.Watched a program about pig farming in Spain the other night.It was the poorest region in Spain and the farmers didnt realise how much there pigs were selling for.These were the wild type -black rather than pink.Keep researching and keep your options open and good luck.

Pata negra as it is called in Spain, those legs of Jamon go for big bucks but depends what fed on, acorn fed goes at a premium.

Good greetings young friends,

I am a Muslim long time pig farmer. Pigs are wonderful animals to work with. I encourage you to pusue this enterprise. Everyone who never owned a pig will give you horror stories..always they tell you about never ending work, bad investment, no return on investment, bad smell, community osterization, etc. etc....DO NOT BELIEAVE THEM. These people never commited to any enterprise. What can one expect from lazy incompetent losers. Pigs made me relatively wealthy both in Canada and Emirates and East Africa. My German friend here in Roi Et just fenced a large wilderness property and released a bunch of wild pigs. I did the same on an island in Nova Scotia. Wild pigs make little money but have the advantage of no work, no effort.Pigs revert to their natural wild state in one or two generations, so now you have exotic wild boar meat to sell at double price.Your correspondent asks why your wife's mother did not make the pig farm by herself? My Mother in Law raised four daughters and sent all to University. Her now deceased Husband died with brain cancer. They always grew their vegetables, raised poultry, fish, edible insects and pigs. My "Mere" collects empty bottles, tin cans, cardboard scrap metal. She earns about 30-50 THB per week. That is how she gave lunch money to the four girls to go to school. She did raise a couple of pigs but this was a marginal enterprise. She helped the local school with their supplementry training for the village boys who are unlikely to ever finish formal education. I have personally helped to castrate some of these Thai black pigs. There is no life like it as they say in the American Army/Navy!

Next your Farang friends will tell you not to trust any Issaan Girl. She will steal your money and then knock you on the head, put you in the ground under the pigs! Well I am here to confirm that my Isaan wife knocks me on the head on a regular basis, but she cannot dig the hole in the ground fast enough...although it is good practise for her as a shit shoveller. She only hits me if I play with other ladies. Sometimes in right circumstances It is worth the pain..ha ha. Although I do not personally partake of pig meat I am an epert butcher. I can prepare excellent pork roast with crisp backfat. I also prepare a Danish style rich grave, red cabbage and caramelized potatoes. A real Julefest! These vulgar Farang hooligans with low life opinions about sensitive highly moral Buddhust Thai gentle women are gross to look at and disgusting to see. How any decent Thai lady can give them the time of day astounds me. They own no proper shoes. They are in the same sweaty baggy pant shorts every day, with crotch between their knees. They have hairy armpits hanging out of their wife beater shirts. Their belly protrudes in front and their hairy ass cheeks and crack over hangs their derriere. Next they are covered in obscene tatoo graffiti. Then add a few crude body piercings. What a man! Please spare me and spare the good ladies of Issan! I grant you that the region is renowned for supplying the Bar Girls of Pattaya and Nana square. Yet such economic refugees are also human and with good families, good Buddhist background. Show some respect, please. God Bless America, hey what??

The Isaan region is a great place to live, to farm to share home with family. I have spent most of my life in 100 countries around the world. I was a Yachtsman with large vessels in Atlantic Canada, BVI, Florida, California, Persian Gulf, Great Barrier Reef, Now I content myself with net fishing the irrigation ditch around my rice paddy. I am most content. Every Friday I join my brothers at the Masjipost-173848-0-57631700-1426339265_thumb.d Pakistan Mosque.

The Issaan girls are the most kind and the most beautiful. The life here is the most gentle. I feel a very lucky old man.

I wish the same for you my brother pig farmers.

Jorgen

Roi Et

[email protected]

Good greetings young friends,

I am a Muslim long time pig farmer. Pigs are wonderful animals to work with. I encourage you to pusue this enterprise. Everyone who never owned a pig will give you horror stories..always they tell you about never ending work, bad investment, no return on investment, bad smell, community osterization, etc. etc....DO NOT BELIEAVE THEM. These people never commited to any enterprise. What can one expect from lazy incompetent losers. Pigs made me relatively wealthy both in Canada and Emirates and East Africa. My German friend here in Roi Et just fenced a large wilderness property and released a bunch of wild pigs. I did the same on an island in Nova Scotia. Wild pigs make little money but have the advantage of no work, no effort.Pigs revert to their natural wild state in one or two generations, so now you have exotic wild boar meat to sell at double price.Your correspondent asks why your wife's mother did not make the pig farm by herself? My Mother in Law raised four daughters and sent all to University. Her now deceased Husband died with brain cancer. They always grew their vegetables, raised poultry, fish, edible insects and pigs. My "Mere" collects empty bottles, tin cans, cardboard scrap metal. She earns about 30-50 THB per week. That is how she gave lunch money to the four girls to go to school. She did raise a couple of pigs but this was a marginal enterprise. She helped the local school with their supplementry training for the village boys who are unlikely to ever finish formal education. I have personally helped to castrate some of these Thai black pigs. There is no life like it as they say in the American Army/Navy!

Next your Farang friends will tell you not to trust any Issaan Girl. She will steal your money and then knock you on the head, put you in the ground under the pigs! Well I am here to confirm that my Isaan wife knocks me on the head on a regular basis, but she cannot dig the hole in the ground fast enough...although it is good practise for her as a shit shoveller. She only hits me if I play with other ladies. Sometimes in right circumstances It is worth the pain..ha ha. Although I do not personally partake of pig meat I am an epert butcher. I can prepare excellent pork roast with crisp backfat. I also prepare a Danish style rich grave, red cabbage and caramelized potatoes. A real Julefest! These vulgar Farang hooligans with low life opinions about sensitive highly moral Buddhust Thai gentle women are gross to look at and disgusting to see. How any decent Thai lady can give them the time of day astounds me. They own no proper shoes. They are in the same sweaty baggy pant shorts every day, with crotch between their knees. They have hairy armpits hanging out of their wife beater shirts. Their belly protrudes in front and their hairy ass cheeks and crack over hangs their derriere. Next they are covered in obscene tatoo graffiti. Then add a few crude body piercings. What a man! Please spare me and spare the good ladies of Issan! I grant you that the region is renowned for supplying the Bar Girls of Pattaya and Nana square. Yet such economic refugees are also human and with good families, good Buddhist background. Show some respect, please. God Bless America, hey what??

The Isaan region is a great place to live, to farm to share home with family. I have spent most of my life in 100 countries around the world. I was a Yachtsman with large vessels in Atlantic Canada, BVI, Florida, California, Persian Gulf, Great Barrier Reef, Now I content myself with net fishing the irrigation ditch around my rice paddy. I am most content. Every Friday I join my brothers at the Masjiattachicon.gifsheik Ibrahim.jpgd Pakistan Mosque.

The Issaan girls are the most kind and the most beautiful. The life here is the most gentle. I feel a very lucky old man.

I wish the same for you my brother pig farmers.

Jorgen

Roi Et

[email protected]

. Please remind me to give Roi Et a pass, doesn't sound like much is going on there...

Keep em' coming ... my sides are sore from laughing ..

I nominate this as the best topic for quite a while.

Now back to the pigs before you all get bored ...

Go the whole hog ... don't do it ad hoc !

What's that saying ? pigs might fly. !!!

Get in the pig pen, amongst the swill, watch your bacon.

Just don't get slaughtered after the fat dries up..

:-)

Yep

Brilliant idea come to Thailand to become a pig farmer

I take it you have a WP for the work you are doing?

If not

Don't upset the locals or your wife

Or you will be deported and you will have diddly shit

From the OP: Girl says she has fallen in love with me ( or my money lol ) she wants us to go live in isaan ( these thai chicks move fast ) anyway she does seem like a lovely girl and i just spent a couple months with her .

On that he's prepared to place his future in her hands by going into pig farming in Isaan?

Nuff said.

Read my replies ....im not going there !!! Can all the knuckle heads stick to info on pig farming and not on relationship. I only asked on this forum to give me plenty of ammo to hit her with as in her words " teerak you cannot lose money in pig farming " so now she has been hit with what knowledge i have gathered. She asked me how i " know so much" well as i say isaan aussie posted a great thread on pig farming.

Nuff said.

Archived