Where to go to for a nice break with lunch or?

glegolo

I am living in Chaiyaphum. We have our places where we go for coffe or lunch or dinner or whatever here. I can go to Khreng Khro, or up through the mountainrange here, or above Baan Khwaoo or down Chattulat....

Noew since Tony (Mr Gary Fuller) so tragicly died in februari, his place is closed down (In the middle of nowhere bar) and I would like to ask you guys here on this forum, a wide range of knowledge, if you have any small "spots" on the map, where one can take his motorbike and go out for a nice coffe or lunch,,, a bit from Chaiyaphum is good, just for the variation of living...

Plse feel welcome with your suggestions..

Glegolo

About an hour from Chaiyaphum there is a place called Ban Pai.

There lives a Greek that makes excellent coffee, have some beers in the fridge and if he is in a good mood he can cook a gourmet lunch or dinner for you.

7/11 is not far from him, anyway............

And all these for free, so looking forward to see you one day.

Promise, you won't regret it.

Nong Bua Daeng, about 45 km west of Chaiyaphum. Downtown there is a German "owned" guesthouse/motel. Attached is his (wife's) shop/restaurant. Has tables outside where you can enjoy cold beer. Hard to explain exact location, but if you get into Nong Bua Daeng and ask one of the local Farang on the street, they should be able to tell you. That is how I found it. It is not far from the traffic lite as you come into town from Chaiyaphum.

Thank you guys, supurb ideas....

Costas... nice,,,,, I try it out for sure,,,,,I maybe take you up on it to meet...

thankj you...

Ken.. Thank you so much for your reply about N.B.Daeng. I know 2 places who sell pizzas. One is in a middle of a villa area..just passing these traffic lights.... He is a nice german guy.......This is probably the place you are talking about.. thnks for reminding me...

I did find out just recently that you have GREAT pizza if you at these traffic lights take a left turn when you come from C´phum, and go for round 800 meters and take first big road to the right... Just there after 100 meters on the left side, neighbouring the planthouse selling flowers, is a small streetshop where a german mans thai wife is working selling fantastic pizzas... just to my tasting....

Thank you guys.... I hope more people read this thread and come in with your suggestions...

Glegolo

Costas, I am not 100% sure about the location of what you call Ban Pai.... But if I take road 202 all the way from Chaiyaphum up to big road "2".. take a left turn there and go rest of it to Ban Phai...... Are we than talking about the very same place???

Glegolo