Underboob selfies illegal here: Culture Ministry

Thaivisa News

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfectly right. Do a google/images search for underboob and you'll see what I mean. There are several million images, although only a couple of hundred are seen on an iPad (a limit, for some reason). They're all disgusting. Every single one of them. You shouldn't look.

You were so right. I should not have looked. I ended up being disgusted for the better part of an hour and forty-five minutes.

Hogwash!...................its alright for party girls in Pattaya, Bangkok, and thousands of other spots to dance on the floor topless, do lap dancing, strip naked in massage pallors. Its alright to watch tribes in the Amazon jungle nude hopping around. Or in Africa, nude girls in the middle of a chicken coup raid. So a few young ladies pop open a blouse and show off a creation any lovable baby would nuzzle. Nothing wrong with this at all. Besides breasts are not part of the reproductive organs............

Go go bars with live sex shows in various places in Thailand FINE! Massage parlous where you can have nearly any sexual fantasy come true if you have the $$$ to pay for it.

Yet some pics of boobs are the cause for moral outrage.

The Thai authorities are never dry on providing laughs.

"the Culture Ministry does not support Thai women to be scantily clad in public places, and it would become a serious problem for the society if many Thai girls follow the example."

Hmm, has she never heard of Pattaya, Soi Cowboy or Nana before???

"the Culture Ministry does not support Thai women to be scantily clad in public places, and it would become a serious problem for the society if many Thai girls follow the example."

Hmm, has she never heard of Pattaya, Soi Cowboy or Nana before???

Songkran is coming up, the culture ministers better walk around with blind folds on!

How about they made illegal for ambulances / emergency services to not take photos of dead bodies or injured people. That would be far more appropriate.

Really are a bunch of idiots in these government departments

Especially with the "pointing fingers" at the deceased, as if it is difficult to see subject of the photo! Often they are smiling/joking too

It would seem that the Government has a playbook based on the life and deeds of Phibunsongkhram, the Thai Prime Minister who rose to power after the 1932 coup and became the PM in 1938. While mainly known for his pro-Japanese government before and during WWII, he was also embarked on a "make Thailand clean and modern" campaign, some say reminiscent of Edwardian England. Proscribed dress codes were seriously enforced. Nudity, even the partial nudity that was very common in parts of Thailand at the end of the 19th Century and even later into the early 1900's became equated with immorality and shame. The human body was to be hidden, and extended to husbands and wives.

The most interesting thing to me is explicit co-existence of a conservative, quasi Victorian morality concerning personal behavior and the most famous reason for Thailand becoming a tourist Mecca, sex. Unfortunately, getting rid of slavery in the fishing industry will be easier that getting rid of the sex industry.

Personally, I would like to see a return to traditional Thai dress as a part of promoting "Thainess". I lay blame squarely on the shoulders of the western missionaries who, preaching their sexual guilt, ruined many a South Asian island and nation's traditional outlook.

How many Likes ??? Just 1,487 (not 470,000) as far as i can see on the famous page -

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Munkaw-Chaos-Girl/765183866897740

- unless she has another (Thai) one ?

Kind of funny when you look at the number of likes that page has gotten since this story broke - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Munkaw-Chaos-Girl/765183866897740?sk=likes

Still nowhere near 400k and it looks like either it was hacked or someone has been messing with it .

This is one of the "Cultural Mandate" posters that came out during WW II when the Thai Prime Minister (Field Marshal Plaek Phibunsongkhram) wanted the Thai people to start dressing more "western" :

10154216_10152078360819220_9096416509081

This was considered "typical Siamese costume" in 1900:

400px-Siamese_woman_in_traditional_costu

Well, the Culture Ministry; always good for some hypocrisy.

In 2011 during Songkran it ranted, huffed, puffed and steamed with rage over a couple of girls who allegedly danced topless on the back of a pickup truck somewhere in the Silom area, calling the act "highly unbecoming of Thai culture", or something to that effect.

Then somebody pointed out that the very same ministry used a mythological mural of bare-breasted celestial maidens as the entry page of its own website - and which had been there for several years. After receiving the hint, the ministry sheepishly (and in great hurry) changed that image to a "culturally becoming" scene - and didn't even realize how it made itself a laughing stock through this clandestine action.

She added that the Culture Ministry does not support Thai women to be scantily clad in public places, and it would become a serious problem for the society if many Thai girls follow the example.

In a country whose main tourist attraction is Thai puzzy...this seems a bit hypocritical...

All I have to say is that it usually starts with banning this...

Then it ends up with this as the public norm....

Which do you prefer?

BTW...anybody have a pic of the high & mighty Yupha Thaweewattanakijborworn?

I had a quick look on the web and all I got were returns relating to this thread.

Just curious what the person looks like that's all....

Sideboobs OK?

I have some thai postcards from the 50s showing thai ladies barebreasted - in fact the culture ministry's website had, until very recently, artworks featuring bare breasted women. This prudishness is a recent phenomena.

puritain thailand

with karaoke bars , prostition in every village and nr 1 attracking in the world for sex tourism

and yes, sex toys are also illegal, sorry girls, even you can find them in nana, phuket, pattaya....

Archived