CNX allowing flights today?

masuk

I'm due to fly out this afternoon on AirAsia.

Just wondering if it's likely they'll stop flights as they have done recently.

Visibility is certainly R.S. this morning.

Not sure we need a duplicate topic, but it all looks pretty normal on Flightradar24.com , and http://www.chiangmaiairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

And that's morning hours, which are toughest.

So unless something crazy happens it looks likely that you'll be alright.

post-64232-0-26798900-1426562759_thumb.j

Also.. Airlines like (Thai) Air Asia would have a better chance to make it to Chiang Mai, as the pilots fly into this airport all the time. They'll know it's the runway lights they're looking at as they know the lay of the land. In past years we've seen that flights from other countries have a lot harder time figuring it out. (Flights direct from Malaysia or China with pilots who don't fly into here several times weekly.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Not sure we need a duplicate topic, but it all looks pretty normal on Flightradar24.com , and http://www.chiangmaiairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Also.. Airlines like (Thai) Air Asia would have a better chance to make it to Chiang Mai, as the pilots fly into this airport all the time. They'll know it's the runway lights they're looking at as they know the lay of the land. In past years we've seen that flights from other countries have a lot harder time figuring it out. (Flights direct from Malaysia or China with pilots who don't fly into here several times weekly.)

The problem Monday was four flights did not land here at CNX one of them was Thai air.

There was no report of planes not departing.

My question is how long after landing is a plane on the ground before take off again? I ask this as my boy is due to fly out on Thai air to Bangkok Friday morning at 11:30 in the morning. Could the plane that did not land here be the one that would be going back then?

The problem Monday was four flights did not land here at CNX one of them was Thai air.

There was no report of planes not departing.

My question is how long after landing is a plane on the ground before take off again? I ask this as my boy is due to fly out on Thai air to Bangkok Friday morning at 11:30 in the morning. Could the plane that did not land here be the one that would be going back then?

Long enough to deplane the passengers from the previous flight, quickly clean the interior, and board the next group of passengers. So 45-50 minutes. Thai Airways basically runs the same plane to/from BKK-CNX several times consecutively each day.

• Like 1

It was not CNX that altered the flights it was the airlines involved....CNX has all the electronics needed....of the 4 flights two went back and two went to CR......

Because the airlines don't trust CNX ATC on the ground.

Unless they can see the runway they cannot be sure there isn't a plane on it.

• Like 2

Makes sense. Like driving - when passengers try to help out and tell me it's clear, I still have to look before I go.

So true. Happened to me once. Passenger gave me the all clear. Luckily I did look myself. - Zooof... A car passed at high speed in front of our nose- as I would not have been able to tell you the story now...

• Like 1

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Or low cost carriers like Air Asia have more pressure to complete the leg.

• Like 1