Is a new NON B visa required when changing schools?

Hi

I work at an international school and am moving to another international school in the summer. I am currently on a non B extension until late August. The new position starts in early August. Do I have to cancel my current extension and get a new non B so I can get a new work permit? I heard that if you have the 5 year teaching license (which I have) from Khursapha then the non B could be transferred without being replaced. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

BR

if your on an extension of stay for employment your not on a B visa

but with that being said,

can you change employers without leaving the country and getting a new B visa and starting the process all over, its theoretically possible if both employers co-operate and plan things out and they are in the same province or under the same DOL,

but usually in practice easier to get a new single entry B visa and start all over, as far as I am aware a 5 year teaching license has no bearing on this, but will stand to be corrected.

Edited by Soutpeel

You cancel the work permit and apply for a new work permit with the enw employer. Preferably a week before you stop working at the old school.

On the last day of employement you cancel your permission to stay at immirgaiton and apply for a new permission to stay absed on the new employer. For this you need to show a letter from your employer indicating your last day of employement and documents from your new employer regarding your new job. That will include the new work permit. (Hence you should apply in advance). It is possible that the WP will not be ready yet, in that case you should get a letter of approval from the labour office (wp3 form, half A4 size).

The 5 year licence makes it easier in the sense that you do not need a new waiver letter from the teachers council.

• Like 1

My gf is a teacher and would dearly like to move to a school that actually puts teaching first.

For the life of me, I cannot understandwhy if granted a work visa, you cannot go to the labour office and get an endorsement for your new school.

Especially when she has to pay for both herself and gets no help at all from her present school, apart from the letter and their docs.

Logic never seems to play a big part in day to day life in this country. There seems to be this desire to cause as many problems as

possble for farangs.

My gf is a teacher and would dearly like to move to a school that actually puts teaching first.

For the life of me, I cannot understandwhy if granted a work visa, you cannot go to the labour office and get an endorsement for your new school.

Especially when she has to pay for both herself and gets no help at all from her present school, apart from the letter and their docs.

Logic never seems to play a big part in day to day life in this country. There seems to be this desire to cause as many problems as

possble for farangs.

I would rephrase that as "for foreigners that have to work for a living". People with money doesn't have problems.

Anyway in the latest immigration regulations changes were made to allow teachers to not have to leave country when changing schools.

For the life of me, I cannot understandwhy if granted a work visa,

maybe understanding there is no such thing as work visa in Thailand is start

Visa's and work permits, two separate issues & two separate government departments

Allow to add this point, worked in multiple countries over the last 25 off years under various "work visa'" and "work permit" systems, and Thailand although not the simplest or least convoluted, is one of the easier systems I have worked under, not that hard, time consuming or expensive to get said WP

Edited by Soutpeel