Second Hand

In the Rai!

I am searching for some old weights (as in a gym) a bench, a bar and some weights (not new). I have been looking for a few weeks and have not been able to find anything. This got me thinking (yes I agree it doesnt happen very often) are there such things as second hands shops like the west here in Chiangrai?

I have not seen any at all.

Does anyone know of any such thing here in Chiangrai. Not only for gym equipment but for any goods second hand.

In The Rai! :o

Edited by In the Rai!

.... There is also a pawn shop on the corner of the wet market where the old clocktower was newly placed.

For the newbies: The 'new' clocktower is far from ready. This tower, designed by Chalermchai Kositpipat, the creator of the White Temple of Rong Khun, is under construction in the middle of the crossing directly north of the Yedyod Road.

The 'old' and for the time being the only clocktower of Chiang Rai you can find next to the Post Office.

The local pawn shop seems not really to be a place for bargains. A Thai friend told me that there is a rumour in town that there might be some people working in the pawn shop who tend to channel the real bargains in the direction of compagnons.

Personally I never found out if there is some truth in this rumour, but it restrained me effectively from checking the place out.

Limbo :o

You should check near the clock tower. There is a second hand shop near ST motorcycle rental and Kasikorn Bank (Thai Farmers). They might have something. There is also a pawn shop on the corner of the wet market where the old clocktower was newly placed.

Thanks CRG,

I will check it out!

In The Rai!

In the Rai!,

If you can not find a second hand set of weights and you don't wish to spend the price of a new set, you could make a set quite cheaply from concrete and steel. The bar itself could be bought from a recycle yard like the one at the main entry in the southern end of Chiangrai city where you could also by light guage reinforcement bar to add to the weights to keep them from splitting. It might be a fun project if you are into that sort of thing.

Chownah