Tot Adsl Same As Garbage

Gonzo the Face

Shortly before 11 AM this past Monday my ADSL went out.. Kabloey light out on the router .. no ADSL..

As has been the norm over the past 6 months or so, there would moments of brief outage, maybe a couple minutes or times when too many people were sucking on the pipe and you couldn't get a connection "This Page Not Available" prompt and server unavailable etc., but never completely out and no accessability for me until about 20 minutes ago [2:25PM Weds}

Having been given about a dozen or slightly more tel numbers to call [from various TOT contacts] I tried all and I don't even want to go into the lines of BS that each was putting out.

Any one else have a TOT Problem in the past few days ???

Yes, did have some problems yesterday. I have to say that is the first time in a while (a few weeks :o ) that it's been off for more than short periods.

I was thinking the weather might have been responsible, at least to some extent. The television service (UBC) went out for a few hours last night, too.

No problems here Gonzo. (Sankamphang) - fingers crossed.

In fact for the last 4 weeks the speed has been fantastic by TOT standards - last thing you want to hear..................................... I know :o

Hope you get sorted

Gonzo...my TOT ADSL went offline last Friday evening and did not come back online until Tuesday afternoon. Calling over the weekend did not help. A Tuesday morning call from my wife and about an hour later I was back online.

Before this extended outage, my ADSL had been pretty stable.

_ihop

Just by way of update, my adsl came back on 2:25 pm Weds, and was still on at 9PM...

Thursday morning at 6 am, adsl connection but could not open any site including my email.

Made calls to 3 of the numbers and it came on about 10 minutes ago.....

Am hoping it stays on long enough to get this posted

gonzo :o

I think they must be doing some major upgrading, last week I was unable to use the internet at all for 2 days, most of the time the DSL light was not even lit on the modem.

That indicates a physical disconnection from the network.

Since they finished whatever they were doing, the service has been great, daytime download around 900k, upload 400k which is the best it's been since I moved back here in January.

Hopefully they are upgrading in your area too.

I would like to state that it would be excellent PR if some of you who have been phoning them whenever you had issues with them to phone when the service is getting better! They might like the positive reinforcement ... like most of us ... incidentally. :D

I did......

The next service call arrived unsolicited within half an hour...

4 big men with white coats, track shoes, and a big net..... wanted to show me a new resort....

:o

I use TOT and am quite happy with it.. I got the cheapest option (under 500 baht); downloads usually happen around 25 kb/second. Response time is very good, too.

I'm getting a similar speed, for only 1000 baht per month :o

I would like to state that it would be excellent PR if some of you who have been phoning them whenever you had issues with them to phone when the service is getting better! They might like the positive reinforcement ... like most of us ... incidentally. :D

I did......

4 big men with white coats, track shoes, and a big net..... wanted to show me a new resort....

Told you so! :D

Now, don't you call that ... great ... serv ... ice! :D

Double pun, set, and match! :D

(Mmm! BTW, as a matter of personal interest, ... how was the resort? :D Any ... women? :D ADSL? :D )

I did......

Told you so! :D

Nvow, don't you call that ... great ... serv ... ice! :D

Double pun, set, and match! :D

(Mmm! BTW, as a matter of personal interest, ... how was the resort? :D Any ... women? :D ADSL? :D )

Gotcha

Strange place somewhat like Hotel California. Updated. Had something like a dirty movies/touch screen thingy, but it as life size and live but behind glass. All you had to do was touch glasswall and things worked the way you pushed them. That was the good news.

The bad news was it was impossible to do with that new fangled double breasted jacket they made you wear.

When I asked the tall-vol-u-lup-u-us wearing just the banana size thong, why every thing was moving so slo.................... she of course replied

v

v

v

v

The ADSL was not working

:D

What do you expect from a hotel called Hotel California. Real boobs? Real p*** show? Real speed? 'So, would you say that at the end of the day, it was a 50/50 proposition? In a way, ... a ... Thai ... land! :D

In any case, I hope your ADSL situation is getting better and better.

No matter what, we know that YOU WILL keep US ... up to speed. Right? :o

What do you expect from a hotel called Hotel California. Real boobs? Real p*** show? Real speed? 'So, would you say that at the end of the day, it was a 50/50 proposition? In a way, ... a ... Thai ... land! :D

You can trust in me matey.......

I will do that until ..................

MyPensDry

gonzo

MyPensDry

gonzo

metaphormidable! :D

MyPensDry

gonzo

metaphormidable! :D

Think I don't know what dat iz huh ????/

a her-metaphormidable is someone who comes to Thailand for a sex change operation and changes its mind half way thru the operation.... her-metaphormidable.

Also when I was a pre teen that is what I used to call my cousin when we got into a fight.

:D

also for the record, the TOT ADSL has been lousy since the river went down and exposed the undersea cable to sunlight.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

hermetaphormidable ... Sure is quite a ... mouthful ... that one ! :D

Mmm! Water down, slower ADSL ! More rain, better ADSL! Would ... half-way be the way to go? :D It might not be that crazy? :o I see a ... leit ... motiv here! :D:D But, some could see this as being wishy- ... washy! :D

Edited by MyPenRye

The TOT ADSL has been unusually slow for the past few days. So slow in fact that the "Gateway timeout " Prompt has been popping up.

Yesterday for the most part of the day, any of the sites that would be like BBC; CNN; The major International Newspapers, or even the Gmail site could not be opened, or if they did open most of the time the gateway thingy popped up. Yet most what could be considered local, Bkk Pst, The Nation opened easily.

Today for about 6 hours this site TV could not be opened but other sites could, albeit slow...

Must be because of the hurricane closing in on Bermuda ????

Gonzo

Is this a technical issue (i.e. too many people are accessing these sites for the infrastructure ... in Thailand) or is there something more sinister? Let's not rule out the second hypothesis too quickly! Knowledge is power. And, less is more! :D Give that to a mathematician! :o

Edited by MyPenRye

I've got my TOT ADSL just a few days ago and it just works fine to browse the web. However, i need to use some VPN connections to europe, which does not work. The VPN does connect, but when i fire up any app trough the VPN such as remote desktop or sql server management studio for ex. the connection (VPN) gets disconnected. Pings etc. trough VPN works fine, but that does not f*****g help me. Anybody having the same issue?