Vietnam Visa in Bangkok

I can't for the life of me find the visa fee for a single entry 30 day tourist visa for Vietnam in Bangkok.

I'm thinking it's about 2500 Baht to process it regularly and not have it fast tracked.

Anyone with any info? Would be greatly appreciated.

I did one this week! When I submitted my application, the young lady said the fee was 2,200 bt!! I said 'but the website says 1,350bt'! She said, 'that's only if you've got the letters'!!!! I later found out that you can apply on-line and they send you 3 letters back, which you can then take to the Embassy together with your application!!

It's all a bit confusing, of course because in order to get the letters, you need to pay $17, then you pay $45 at your arrival airport in Vietnam!!

The 'full' fee payable at the Embassy of 2,200 bt gets you the visa the Op requires, after 3/4 days wait, of course!!

Naturally, there is no receipt for the sum paid, only a receipt that you've left your passport with them for 'processing'!!! Again, why this takes 3/4 'working days' is beyond me!!

Hope this helps!?

It takes 3-4 days so they can institute a higher charge for expedited processing. The only reason.

The day I applied for mine there on Dec 15 last year there was NO expedited processing available, not at any fee.

And the price charged for next day pickup was several hundred THB higher than the official fee - rounded up to make it easy not to have to give change, methinks. Mmm, where have we heard of that happening before?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I did one this week! When I submitted my application, the young lady said the fee was 2,200 bt!! I said 'but the website says 1,350bt'! She said, 'that's only if you've got the letters'!!!! I later found out that you can apply on-line and they send you 3 letters back, which you can then take to the Embassy together with your application!!

It's all a bit confusing, of course because in order to get the letters, you need to pay $17, then you pay $45 at your arrival airport in Vietnam!!

The 'full' fee payable at the Embassy of 2,200 bt gets you the visa the Op requires, after 3/4 days wait, of course!!

Naturally, there is no receipt for the sum paid, only a receipt that you've left your passport with them for 'processing'!!! Again, why this takes 3/4 'working days' is beyond me!!

Hope this helps!?

Wow! Thanks. I will go this week.

Can you not just get a VOA? Seems like a pain to make two trips to the embassy.

There are very, very few nationalities that can get into Vietnam without a Visa. ASEAN members, Korea, Japan, and and a few Scandinavian countries I think.

Can you not just get a VOA? Seems like a pain to make two trips to the embassy.

There are very, very few nationalities that can get into Vietnam without a Visa. ASEAN members, Korea, Japan, and and a few Scandinavian countries I think.

Indeed, but that wasn't the question, the question was can you get a VOA, visa on arrival, and the answer to that is, yes you can.

There are numerous commercial companies that offer visa on arrival service, they are not Government websites and not affiliated with the government. They provide a letter which allows you to board the aircraft and present yourself at the Vietnamese port of entry, where you queue up to pay for a visa and get it stamped in your passport, then you proceed with the actual immigration process.

Whilst these are not official services they Vietnamese authorities do have the facilities at their airports to process these VOA procedures. I'm not aware of anybody encountering a problem.

This is one company that advertises this service, there are many more, just google it and you will find them, look carefully at their conditions.

https://www.visaonlinevietnam.com/application-process?gclid=CjwKEAjwrbSoBRDok47Sv6Ci80wSJABFUszTd69Um6ji4ZnPVZBkdtZPJZZ7_hC2sJ2lKycXh-HSphoC7Ejw_wcB