Dawn raids in Koh Samui by 700 police and soldiers

webfact

It seems the approach was OTT. Better intelligence and investigative work would have avoided this waste of resources. Must be very upsetting for people in that community.

You sound like the naive idiot who would put the Samui Police to do the investigation. The RTA came in unexpectedly and overcame the local police before they could send out warnings

No, I don't agree with the raid being over the top but yeah, better intelligence would probably have had a much bigger effect.

Maybe use of northern Police and Army to have a raid here in the south would have been more fruitful too but calling people

idiots for some fairly reasonable comments, is not much short of being an idiot yourself.

I heard rumors about the raids already the day before and I don't even live on Samui !!!

Edited by JoeLing

It seems the approach was OTT. Better intelligence and investigative work would have avoided this waste of resources. Must be very upsetting for people in that community.

You sound like the naive idiot who would put the Samui Police to do the investigation. The RTA came in unexpectedly and overcame the local police before they could send out warnings

No, I don't agree with the raid being over the top but yeah, better intelligence would probably have had a much bigger effect.

Maybe use of northern Police and Army to have a raid here in the south would have been more fruitful too but calling people

idiots for some fairly reasonable comments, is not much short of being an idiot yourself.

I heard rumors about the raids already the day before and I don't even live on Samui !!!

Nice, I know local police that was surprised, they even chartered an special night ferry, so the locals would not know, and I live on Samui....

Nice, I know local police that was surprised, they even chartered an special night ferry, so the locals would not know, and I live on Samui....

Ohh sure, I do know some local police that were surprised too coffee1.gif

Edited by JoeLing

I got warned about the raid a couple of days before. Also my DJ friends told me they was told about the impending raid and instructed not to bring any of dem Columbian imports with them.

Yes looks like they looked through documents to see who has registered fire arms then raided the houses of those to make a good photo

I got warned about the raid a couple of days before. Also my DJ friends told me they was told about the impending raid and instructed not to bring any of dem Columbian imports with them.

R u buzzing