'Bach in the Subways' concerts held at MRT station

Lite Beer

'Bach in the Subways' concerts held at MRT station

BANGKOK, 21 March 2015 (NNT) – To celebrate the 330th birthday anniversary of the world’s greatest musician and composer Johann Sebastian Bach, Bangkok Metro Public Company Limited (BMCL) and College of Music, Mahidol University have joined hands holding mini-concerts at an MTR station.

The mini-concerts titled ‘Bach in the Subways’ were part of the activities held in 129 cities in 39 countries around the world as a tribute to the German musical artist. BMCL expects the concerts to offer not just a real treat to music lovers and MRT commuters but also to encourage more people to avail themselves of the MRT's services, which are safe, convenient and punctual.

The performances which took place at Kamphaeng Phet MRT Station in the afternoon featured best-known songs composed by Bach. They were divided into two rounds. Each round lasted 20 minutes and was free of charge. Passengers wishing to watch the show were required to stand in the paid area.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-21 footer_n.gif

Is this for the tourists?

Because I haven't heard, up to now, of any Thai that appreciates classical music.

Except on their mobile telephone ring tunes.

May be I'm wrong.....again.......as in BKK, live, all the Hi-so Thais, not to be found in the sticks.

Any information on the venue and time of concerts to come?

Just checked. Only the two performances at the same station today. 14:00 and then 14.45. No more until next year.

I, for one, would like to see more of this.

And, by the way, many Thais appreciate classical music too.

Edited by catterwell

Is this for the tourists?

Because I haven't heard, up to now, of any Thai that appreciates classical music.

Except on their mobile telephone ring tunes.

May be I'm wrong.....again.......as in BKK, live, all the Hi-so Thais, not to be found in the sticks.

May be I'm wrong.....again - YES

...as in BKK, live, all the Hi-so Thais

And this comes from a self imposed Thailand expert from Kalimnos? Here in Hi-So City everyone is dancing Tsatsiki all day long in the underground, they constantly throw porcelain plates on the floor of MRT stations and wash their feet in Retsina. But better stay where you are, when it comes to bail outs and forgiveness of debts they seem to have barbed wire in their pockets.

Edited by Lupatria

Since when is a 330year annniversary a special event? 300 years or 350 years maybe, but 330 years ? whistling.gif

But, nice to hear good music in Thailand. Can we look forward to 331st year anniversary concerts next year ?

Edited by attento