The Bluze Bop Bros

davidgtr

Who else has listened to the two Johns playing as "The Bluze Bop Brothers" and reckons that they are ok for bluesy music in Chiang Mai. Italian John really is an awesome blues guitarist isn't he?

I have to say that it is about time we had someone trying to play blues music in Chiang Mai.

Not yet. What venues do they play?

Ive seen them Tues & Thurs nights at the Jai Yen on Moon Muang Road. Not bad & a lot of fun, but I think they play in a couple of other odd places here & there.

Tuesday coming up and I still havn't tracked down Jai Yen. Where in MMR is it please?

Jai Yen is next to the Mad Dog Saloon. They usually start singing about 9:30PM.

The "Brothers" are friends of mine so I am afraid I am a little prejudiced, but they are very talented. Good music and many times have someone joining in and "jamming" with them so the entertainment stays fresh.

I dig the 2 Johns too, lotta fun. Last I heard 'em, they were doing plenty of non-blues tunes as well. They also perform at the UN Irish Pub on the odd Friday.

Boy's Blues Band plays all blues a few nights a week (Sun-Thurs I think) at Chang Jazz Pub on Th Charoen Rat, between The Gallery and The Brasserie. And then there's Took at the Brasserie, who always throws a couple of blues tunes into the mix in each night.

• 2 weeks later...
Visited Jai Yen last night to catch the aforementioned and the place wasn't even open! I was in the area between 2000 and 2230 and no sign of activity. If anyone knows where the Italian lads are playing over the next week I'll give it another go.

I went there last night as well and was quite disappointed. If I remember correctly the sign said it was closed until 24 September. Seems like a long time for a bar to close. Maybe under new ownership.

Who knows?

Who cares?

Visited Jai Yen last night to catch the aforementioned and the place wasn't even open! I was in the area between 2000 and 2230 and no sign of activity. If anyone knows where the Italian lads are playing over the next week I'll give it another go.

Yeah it's low low season this month & I think that JKevin & Noi decided to have a short holiday before high season kicks in.

Also the Aussie John half of the Bluze Bros is downunder in Oz for the Philipp Island MotoGp this weekend - lucky bastard. So I guess it will be back to normal at the end of the month for some more blues tunes at the Jai Yen.