Samsung Smart IPTV

Digitalbanana

I just noticed a new app on our Samsung TV called Samsung Smart IPTV - something the TV seemed to lack for the 2 years we've had it!

It seems to work quite well. You can upload your own m3u list or type in an url of a real time m3u list and it sets up for you without much effort with logos and EPG. There is only 7 days free trial which I am still on, but I think we'll give them the one time 5 Euro donation if they need it as it seems to work OK. They don't provide any m3u playlists, you have to upload your own.

http://siptv.eu/faq/sammy/

• 1 month later...

It's been on the LG App World for 2 yrs. It's actually not a free app. A couple of days after uploading my own .m3u play list, it disappeared, and I got a message to contact the developer, who told me that to continue to use the app, I'd have to make a 5 euro donation.

Hmmmm it's a bit cheeky calling it a "donation" if you have to pay it to use the app.

biggrin.png

The number of tourist places and events in Australia where you have to make a gold coin "donation" to enter...

It's been on the LG App World for 2 yrs. It's actually not a free app. A couple of days after uploading my own .m3u play list, it disappeared, and I got a message to contact the developer, who told me that to continue to use the app, I'd have to make a 5 euro donation.

I didn't say it was free - I said "There is only 7 days free trial" which is quite clear on the Samsung App list, maybe the LG is more misleading? I don't know I haven't got an LG.

Archived