Thai gal ripping me off

j7general

I just waited to ask, how much do give every month to your "Loved one"?

Its now beginning a hardship with 80,000--200,000 baht a month. I told her to get a job. She calls me a cheap charlie and <deleted>.

Her family is always dying or are sick and need moneyw00t.gif

I cant keep this up---or I will be broke!wai2.gif

My friends say disconnect the phone. We have a child together. I wouldn't mind 30,000 a month. I pay insurance for her and 2 kids, she say's 30,000.00 for 3 months ---I do not believe her! How much is insurance for a 27 year old with 8 and 11 year old?-----not 10,000.00 baht a month!

Is 35,000 baht sufficient?

Thanks Thai pals!

35 K THB is more than enough,in fact too much ,you are spoiling her,

its a pity you have a kid with this woman,or i would say dump her now.

I would not care what she called me, Cheap Charlie, really she will be

thinking your stupid farang,but of course not saying to your face.

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
  • Like 1

Get your running shoes on and get on the starting blocks.The next request or demand should be your starting pistol listen and start running.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2

Is it just me?

My wife has never asked me for a single Baht!

I pay the rent and bills etc, pay to take her small family to a modest restaurant occasionally and that's it!

Her salary is low, but she's never asked me for money, even when I offer to pay for things like repairing her bike, more often than not she'll refuse.

Very rarely I give her mother 2-3,000 but that's like every few months.

• Like 2

Is it just me?

I pay the rent and bills etc, pay to take her small family to a modest restaurant occasionally and that's it!

Her salary is low, but she's never asked me for money, even when I offer to pay for things like repairing her bike, more often than not she'll refuse.

Looking at things it is just me. I was curious about health insurance for the ex and the kids. Anyone have an idea? She says 30,000.00 for three months.

Having health insurance is a good idea I thought. She got sick again!------wanted 1,000,000.00 baht and said the insurance will pay later.

In the USA insurance pays up front? I am so confused!

Is it just me?

Your very lucky sir. In my situation it is quite the opposite. I should have swerved away when I saw her. Unfortunately we have a child together, and I can not let her go with no food and clothes.

Either you are a little simple or you are having us on here.

I'm sure you know very well, how much money is needed a month, so please do not insult our intelligence.

I was more interested in how much Health Insurance would be in my situation. Costas, if anyone you might know?

My wife works, and actually earns more than I do. We are legally married, and there has never been any talk of a dowry (and none has been paid.) When I am low on cash, she buys the concert tickets or seize that low airfare deal for me. And this is fair, just as it would be fair for me to help her out likewise should she be washing the dishes in a Thai restaurant in North America. No one in her family has ever begged me or borrowed money. Not all Thai women are after your money. But I guess it helped to learn the language first, meet someone of my own age who had already traveled some (in other words an "equal", with no re-enactment of Pretty Woman, Miss Saigon or whatever.)

Back to the topic, good to see you are a responsible father. Just go secure that insurance policy yourself, and send essentials such as food, clothing, toys and books, or vouchers for such, instead of just handing cash that I doubt would ever translate into your children's actual well-being.

Edited by scavenger
  • Like 1

35 K THB is more than enough,in fact too much ,you are spoiling her,

its a pity you have a kid with this woman,or i would say dump her now.

I would not care what she called me, Cheap Charlie, really she will be

thinking your stupid farang,but of course not saying to your face.

regards worgeordie

Thanks Worgeordie, I was just feeling down. a fool maybe. Thanks.

My wife works, and actually earns more than I do. We are legally married, and there has never been any talk of a dowry (and none has been paid.) When I am low on cash, she buys the concert tickets or seize that low airfare deal for me. And this is fair, just as it would be fair for me to help her out likewise should she be washing the dishes in a Thai restaurant in North America. No one in her family has ever begged me or borrowed money. Not all Thai women are after your money. But I guess it helped to learn the language first, meet someone of my own age who had already traveled some (in other words an "equal", with no re-enactment of Pretty Woman, Miss Saigon or whatever.)

Back to the topic, good to see you are a responsible father. Just go secure that insurance policy yourself, and send essentials such as food, clothing, toys and books, or vouchers for such, instead of just handing cash that I doubt would ever translate into your children's actual well-being.

Thanks Scavenger, It has been tough with all the wives and such. All the kids will be taken care off. Its the darn insurance. Just in case they get sick I have all my wives covered---its just this new one--------In Thailand. seems a bit steep.

As a man you would agree1------10,000 baht a month for health insurance for a healthy 27 year old is rough!

Why not go and get a quote from an insurer, or insurance broker yourself? There is an Insurance Forum here on TV.

You will be able to see exactly what you are getting for your money, and how much.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1

j7general, I am 42 and my wife found me medical coverage for 2550 baht a year (only 4 digits, none missing, 2550!). Add to this my international travel insurance and it is still below 10,000bath a year. So yes, she's trying to rip you off.

Edited by scavenger

Is this a joke or a troll? You can live very comfortably on 60,000 THB a month in Bangkok. You can even live comfortably on 30,000 a month, many Thais live on less. Outside of BKK it only gets cheaper!

If you're sending 80,000-200,000 per month and she's calling you a cheap Charlie, she's playing you!

If you're really this clueless about how much things cost in Thailand you need to educate yourself. Be the man, take charge of the situation, and decide what you want in your life. At the moment you have a child who's being raised by a woman who habitually lies to you and cheats you. Does that sound like a good environment for this kid to grow up in? Does that sound like someone you want in your own life?

I'm assuming based on your statements that she lives in Thailand with the child and you live in the USA. You will have a hard time in the Thai court system getting legitimized and getting custody rights over this child, but I would have that discussion with a lawyer so you can fully understand your options.

Since it's unlikely that you can obtain custody of the child, the next best alternative I can think of is to exercise tighter controls over the money. Pay for things yourself rather than giving the money to her: a reasonably priced apartment (15,000/mo), and the best schooling you can afford. As a Thai national the child already has a limited degree of health coverage but you can elect to purchase more (likely well under 5,000/mo). Do the research, consult any friends you have in Thailand and ask them for assistance, and recognize that your income is the main leverage you have over the future of this child -- the mother has already demonstrated that she isn't trustworthy and shouldn't be writing up the bill of goods, you should be.

On your vacations come visit.

Man up, take charge, and don't trust this woman.

Oh, and by the way, get the kid a paternity test... in case it's not actually yours.

• Like 1

j7general, I am 42 and my wife found me medical coverage for 2550 baht a year (only 4 digits, none missing, 2550!). Add to this my international travel insurance and it is still below 10,000bath a year. So yes, she's trying to rip you off.

Would you mind telling me the insurance company?

My insurance is up for renewal soon.

I think I paid about 12,000 for my previous one, but the policy isn't very good.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think I paid about 12,000 for my previous one, but the policy isn't very good.

Thanks friends.

Done, check your message box biggrin.png

Me too please.

• Like 1

Does it really matter what we give?

In a way it does. Mr. longstebie. I was just asking some advice, that is all sir.

My point is, no matter what anyone else is paying you still believe it's too much.

Just because another farang is paying 'x' amount for something doesn't mean its OK.

Its what you think is enough that matters. You obviously think it is too much because you wouldn't have come on here otherwise.

• Like 1