Thai gal ripping me off

j7general

Unbelievable what goes on in Thailand! People back in the real world wouldn't believe it!

I give my girlfriend 3k a month (to buy things for our daughter mostly). She has her own job and buys things with her salary. She even buys me things for time to time.

Its a pity a child is involved in this for several reasons. But for one, it stops you from just running away as fast as you can.

Edited by EmptyHead
  • Like 1

"I just waited to ask, how much do give every month to your "Loved one"?"

Not one baht. She has a job which means she has little idle time after a day's work to think of new ways to extract more money from me. Her job also makes her physically tired. She's proud of her independent ability to earn a living. Our kid's have been in school since 2 1/2 y/o.

If you want health/life insurance for your children compare policies, prices, and benefits independently on your own without her. When you decide to buy a policy do that independently as well, and make sure you are the beneficiary. Many policies have a cash-out benefit after 8-10 years and many girlfriends and wives have stars in their eyes over this aspect.

Edited by 96tehtarp

j7general, I am 42 and my wife found me medical coverage for 2550 baht a year (only 4 digits, none missing, 2550!). Add to this my international travel insurance and it is still below 10,000bath a year. So yes, she's trying to rip you off.

Would you mind telling me the insurance company?

My insurance is up for renewal soon.

I think I paid about 12,000 for my previous one, but the policy isn't very good.

Done, check your message box biggrin.png

Me too please.

Thanks buddy. Your in BKK---check the rates if you can----Stuck here in N. Korea

Unbelievable what goes on in Thailand! People back in the real world wouldn't believe it!

I give my girlfriend 3k a month (to buy things for our daughter mostly). She has her own job and buys things with her salary. She even buys me things for time to time.

Its a pity a child is involved in this for several reasons. But for one, it stops you from just running away as fast as you can.

Its the child. She just called and now she has DEngue fever---go figure. I cant afford 5000.00--8000.00 a month for sick people. By the way I am paying insurance supposedly at 10,000.00 baht a month for each person. CDoesn,t health insurance cover sickness? I am being played!

I need to change my E-mail and phone number!

I am a sucker when she cry's

Your child has dengue fever? Highly unlikely.

I am starting to think you are trolling. Either that or she is ridiculously dumb at playing the long game. I suppose with you she doesn't need to.

The best thing here for all parties (i think) is, take the child and raise him/her yourself. Needless to say, get as far away from your so-called girlfriend as possible. Paid help will be cheaper and probably more competent. Hell, your girlfriend probably isn't even raising your kid, it'll be her grandmother or someone else.

Your child should not be in the middle of this.

Try this, offer your ex a huge sum of money to give you the child and stay away. By the sounds of her, there is a price for everything.

Its your only way out of this problem.

Edited by EmptyHead
  • Like 2

A decent insurance for a thai is just around 2400 Baht/monthly monthly per person.

Anyway when I read your story then I can only tell you this will end in a disaster. Take your child and find another mother for him. I know this will be tough. But now you have to choose. You will loose anyway. The only question is how much will you loose. You are staying with a woman who only wants your money. Accept it!

This is clearly a troll post and youre all falling for it.

Its probably a troll post, but it is a real situation that a thousand dumb schmucks have found themselves in before, so there's no real way to know.

Kind of a brilliant troll in that regard...

Edited by Tessellation

Is it just me?

My wife has never asked me for a single Baht!

I pay the rent and bills etc, pay to take her small family to a modest restaurant occasionally and that's it!

Her salary is low, but she's never asked me for money, even when I offer to pay for things like repairing her bike, more often than not she'll refuse.

Very rarely I give her mother 2-3,000 but that's like every few months.

I've heard about the wives who miraculously manage to live on a monthly allowance of fresh air only,of course something is not quite right here,someone is not disclosing income from jobs,and thus never needs to ask for money.

When I read the legendary words"My wife GF" has never asked for money,I immediately think, ok but how much do you give her without her asking?

This is clearly a troll post and youre all falling for it.

I agree with you! his following original statement was a dead givaway "is now beginning a hardship with 80,000--200,000 baht a month. I told her to get a job. She calls me a cheap charlie"

Her family is always dying or are sick and need money

Most Countries you would not earn,let alone give 80,000 - 200,000 baht a month to a girlfriend or wife!

• Like 1

I was referring to an all inclusive deal where he only has to spring for meals out and the 80,000/baht covered modern and gated community style living

I was paying a condo owner 60,000/@/a month for a 2/bedroom fully furnished penthouse that only included breakfast,

So, 20,000/ more for a girl seems reasonable to me

Either you are a little simple or you are having us on here.

I'm sure you know very well, how much money is needed a month, so please do not insult our intelligence.

I was more interested in how much Health Insurance would be in my situation. Costas, if anyone you might know?

I dont understand this obsession with health cover.If she is at home in the village and you are living back home 15000 baht per month to take care is enough....that's 180,000 per annum.

I don't fault the girls in Thailand for being willing to accept gifts from older men in the exchange for what may amount to an hours worth of sex over aevery week

Of course, in my own case that was 2 hours per night,

But, for the average alcoholic beverages xpat isn't hard enough to break any new ground in there so, what do they have to lose, especially if you are on a visa?

I enjoy the Thai girls

I won't marry any woman again anyway, but after two marriages in the states I'm sufficiently educated on them now and won't make those same mistakes

Besides marriages are for family raising and in Thai culture is apparently optional

When in Rome, find a Thai girl is my new motto

Asian massage joints are expanding rapidly here now

Hope they are Thai Chinese, my favorite

Well now,

80,000 baht to an American is less than $3,000

If,

She owned the house

Owned a car

Paid all the house bills

Cooked 4 nights a week, and breakfast every day

Never said no to sex

I don't see why this wouldn't be a good arrangement[

Totally agree

Plus the ability to suck a golf ball through a hose pipe

Does do something to the males brain and increases the ladies ability to abstract cash

Maybe the ops lady has this top level fuctiion

Edited by Pheat123

Even so,

Its one thing to over pay, a little....

That makes it no different than being a generous tipper

Everything has a price......

In the USA the new term for short term is GFE, or girl friend equivalent

The problem seems to arise when the western male over steps his role

They play the odds well...

Frankly, unless I'm shown otherwise,

I side with the girls