What to do in Udon Thani? Update 2015 please

Datebayo

Take the first flight to bangkok and taxi to Pattaya, problem solved......

Neither, nor. Rome wasn't built in four days, right?

OP,

Learn to speak Thai, find something that keeps you busy and you'll find what you're looking for, when you're actually not looking for it.

And sorry to this Pattaya crap bs, there're really too many people who believe that it's Thailand. If you really wanna see thousands of thousands of foreign idiots, then take the first flight to Bangkok, then a cab to Pattaya.

Pattaya, the hub of lost dreams. facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Thanks rideswing, your post was very helpful. I'm certainly not past my prime, I have many years to go before hitting the 40 mark and I look younger than my actual age. I have been to Nong prajak and it is a true heaven on earth indeed. The most beautiful women of Thailand go there it seems.

I look younger than my actual age cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

One of the basic sweet talk lines ,to hook a farlang.

taught at elementary school in Udon. bak wann coffee1.gif

Udon, has the most unsociable farangs in Thailand, kap wai2.gif

Edited by elliss

Thanks rideswing, your post was very helpful. I'm certainly not past my prime, I have many years to go before hitting the 40 mark and I look younger than my actual age. I have been to Nong prajak and it is a true heaven on earth indeed. The most beautiful women of Thailand go there it seems.

I look younger than my actual age cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

One of the basic sweet talk lines ,to hook a farlang....

That and "Wow!"

• Like 1

OP,

Learn to speak Thai, find something that keeps you busy and you'll find what you're looking for, when you're actually not looking for it.

And sorry to this Pattaya crap bs, there're really too many people who believe that it's Thailand. If you really wanna see thousands of thousands of foreign idiots, then take the first flight to Bangkok, then a cab to Pattaya.

I like your post mate. I am learning the Thai language, albeit a bit slow. Yes it's true, we always find good things when we are not looking for it, that is so true. I guess I wil need to relax more. Walk around the markets and parks, plenty here. And plenty of single ladies, I hope lol.

• Like 1

OP,

I like your post mate. I am learning the Thai language, albeit a bit slow. Yes it's true, we always find good things when we are not looking for it, that is so true. I guess I wil need to relax more. Walk around the markets and parks, plenty here. And plenty of single ladies, I hope lol.

I met my wife when I really wanted to be alone, to get over my mom's death. She couldn't speak English and my Thai was limited to order a beer or a noodle soup.

Was so fed up with my bar girl friend from Buri Ram I had back then, who worked at a bar in Pattaya. I booked a flight to Phuket, stayed at a nice resort in Bang Sak, near Khao Lak.

I finally woke up, broke up with her and all in a sudden met her.oh god, i though that would be it. And I wasn't looking for love, but I found out what love really means.

13 years alter, still in love and I also really appreciate life in Isaan, speak the local slang.

Not even 10 horses could bring me back to 'dreamworld Pattaya". We made a holiday in Pattaya with our son and i hated the girls telling me how handsome I would be, even walking with my wife and son and all this other bullshit that happens in Pattaya on daily basis.

But when you tell them "Bhenn Jang? they finally leave you alone......w00t.gif

Dude, there're plenty of cool and single honest women who're looking for a good guy, not just an ATM. Best of luck!!! thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

-Datebayo-

I lve here, with family, 80 km from Udon city, only an hours drive and come for shopping and for a chat.

But, if I want go out at night, I would not do it in Udon Thani, not enough for me, a cheap flight, can be only 680.- Baht and

=One night in Bangkok=, or some more for me instead. Worth the trip. tongue.png

But, if you like to make it harder for yourself, up to you.