King's Cup Elephant Polo

Chiang Rai Guy

Hi all. The King's cup Elephant Polo, normally held in Hua Hin, has this year moved to Chiang Saen. It will run from Sept. 4-10 as Chiang Saen Wittiayakhom School and is a free event.

There are several players from around the world. I had the fortunate opportunity to help out with the Thai ambassadors, the girls who will act as guides for the teams, with their English and other things.

So, I'll see you there.

Chiang Saen Wit. is easy to find. If you come into Chiang Saen, just as you enter the old city wall, you will come to an intersection. At that point, turn left and you will probably see a string of cars. Or you can drive into the city and take a left at the second or third intersection. It'a a small city and because this is a big event, parking may be difficult.

For more info click on the TAT link below

TAT

Edited by Chiang Rai Guy

Hi all. The King's cup Elephant Polo, normally held in Hua Hin, has this year moved to Chiang Saen. It will run from Sept. 4-10 as Chiang Saen Wittiayakhom School and is a free event.

There are several players from around the world. I had the fortunate opportunity to help out with the Thai ambassadors, the girls who will act as guides for the teams, with their English and other things.

So, I'll see you there.

Chiang Saen Wit. is easy to find. If you come into Chiang Saen, just as you enter the old city wall, you will come to an intersection. At that point, turn left and you will probably see a string of cars. Or you can drive into the city and take a left at the second or third intersection. It'a a small city and because this is a big event, parking may be difficult.

TAT

WHat is the time for the event ? any parking space provided ??

So, I'll see you there.

TAT

Sorry , i did not see the parking is diffcult....... maybe you can advice on the shedule ?? thanks

Elephant polo event underway in Thailand

Friday, September 8, 2006 (Chiang Rai):

Thailand's sixth elephant polo competition kicked off on Monday in the northern province of Thailand with 19 teams going trunk to trunk for the coveted King's cup trophy.

At a blessing ceremony before the match monks sprinkled holy water over both players and animals to protect them against some of the obvious dangers that come with riding on top of charging elephants.

A parade of northern traditional-style dancers walked in a three-kilometre procession along with contestants, holding up their respective country flags to kick off the weeklong competition.

Hundreds of curious locals, including hill-tribe villagers in traditional costumes lined up along the streets of Chiang Rai city.

Source: NDTV - 8 Septemeber 2006

Hi Chiang Rai Guy!

Svenivan posted some photo's of the happening in the photo topic.

He didn't seem very enthousiast about the whole thing as far as I have heard, so you didn't miss much in Chiang Saen.

Wish you all strenght and patience. I met Joel in the hospital, who was looking for you but before we could talk I was called in to the doctor.

Don't hesitate to call if you need something.

Limbo

Sorry for the lack of information about the event. As some of you know, I've wound up in the hospital with some major leg injuries. By now the polo has started and I'm sure you;ve found a parking space. Hope it was interesting and fun.

CRG

Thanks i did, i went on the first day..... HOw is your leg condition ? what happen ? what time does the events end today or tomorrow ? i plan to bring my nephew there today or tomorrow.