Young German suffers drive-by bag snatch in Central Pattaya

webfact

Young German suffers drive-by bag snatch in Central Pattaya

german-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- An 18 year old German female became the latest victim of a bag snatch in Central Pattaya early on Thursday Morning.

Police were called to Soi Paniachang 5 off the Central Pattaya Road and met with Miss Franziska Sahick who informed Police that she was walking back to her rented apartment from a 24 hour convenience store when two men on a motorbike drove-up beside her and the passenger snatched her shoulder bag.

Inside the stolen bag was an IPad, some money and the victim’s mobile phone. Miss Sahick, who works as a Volunteer at the Redemptorist Foundation for People with Disabilities, accompanied officers to Pattaya Police Station where a full report of the incident was made, which included vague descriptions of the men and their motorbike.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/177577/young-german-suffers-drive-by-bag-snatch-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-27

If that guy in the picture is a cop/detective, all I can say is he looks very professional doesn't he?

Really if the cops want to work on the bag-snatching problem, why don't they employ a pack of rabid ladyboys to walk around with fake Gucci handbags & fake gold necklaces?

I know, I know.... The thieves would spot them as katoeys from a mile off, but it would be nice to see a headline once in a while where some bag-snatchers got stiletto-heeled to death by a pack of ladyboys wouldn't it?

Edited by jaywalker

If that guy in the picture is a cop/detective, all I can say is he looks very professional doesn't he?

Really if the cops want to work on the bag-snatching problem, why don't they employ a pack of rabid ladyboys to walk around with fake Gucci handbags & fake gold necklaces?

I know, I know.... The thieves would spot them as katoeys from a mile off, but it would be nice to see a headline once in a while where some bag-snatchers got stiletto-heeled to death by a pack of ladyboys wouldn't it?

No, not really.

I wish the tourist would start smashing these idiots........But I don't worry about it now that I moved out of that piehole. Was in and out of Thailand 35 years...now spending my money elsewhere.

...and still missing it, or why are you bothering to post?

How's Cambodia?

• Like 2

?

Why would you assume that it isn't the reporter?

Rant about Ladyboys removed as unworthy

it would be nice for cops to set up sting operations, get a foreign lady to walk down the street at night and have gps devices in the purse to track down the criminals. I'm sure if they do it once they will do it again. This will scare purse snatchers and perhaps decrease the crime.

• Like 1

it would be nice for cops to set up sting operations, get a foreign lady to walk down the street at night and have gps devices in the purse to track down the criminals. I'm sure if they do it once they will do it again. This will scare purse snatchers and perhaps decrease the crime.

Now that would be too easy whistling.gif

• Like 1

Is that guy in the pic a cop or a reporter?? He certainly looks like an amateur!!

He is a reporter , even a newbie can see that .

You wont find many cops or other officials without some sort of uniform .

I wish the tourist would start smashing these idiots........But I don't worry about it now that I moved out of that piehole. Was in and out of Thailand 35 years...now spending my money elsewhere.

You kept coming back to a 'pishole' - your spelling - for 35 years despite clearly despising the place, and you're still here wishing someone else would start 'smashing these idiots' ? Seriously - get on with your life and leave Pattaya to those of us with the guts to actually live here.

You kept coming back to a 'pishole' - your spelling - for 35 years despite clearly despising the place, and you're still here wishing someone else would start 'smashing these idiots' ? Seriously - get on with your life and leave Pattaya to those of us with the guts to actually live here.

"Guts to live here"......this made me smile....I'll stick to Bangkok I think....my guts like better offerings!

I doubt the poor girl will be long for Pattaya either....it seems to attract all of the wrong crowd to me.

"Guts to live here"......this made me smile....I'll stick to Bangkok I think....my guts like better offerings!

I doubt the poor girl will be long for Pattaya either....it seems to attract all of the wrong crowd to me.

The wrong crowd ? Been to any of the following lately ?

- KSR

- lower Sukhumvit from Soi 4 to Cowboy, esp the Soi Arab to Soi 11 strip post midnight

- Patpong

Lets not kid ourselves - there are plenty of criminals to go around in both cities. Central Pattaya just makes for an easier target for folks like yourself with nothing much better to do.

• Like 1

Ring the Bangkok Post and ask them if they want a story on a German tourist who had her purse stolen - even if it was directly in front of a Police station with a hundred eyewitnesses, I doubt they could give a toss. When they're not out chasing hard-hitting stories like that, this is an example of the Pulitzer-winning reporting that P-One is capable of:

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/177964/wild-pigs-and-stray-dogs-live-in-harmony-in-south-pattaya/

One of the main reasons that many here are convinced that Pattaya - a city of 300-400,000 people at most - has more crime than Bangkok - a city of 10-12 million - is down to the fact that our news agencies will publish anything that warrants a Police report. Koh Tao is a news story, tourists being savagely beaten by nightclub security is a story and Pattaya's worsening traffic woes definitely warrant a story - the rest is just chatter around the water cooler. I take no joy in the fact that this woman lost her bag, but if bag snatchers are unique to Pattaya I'll run naked through Walking St tonight.