'Fast and Furious 7' showing suspended in Thailand until further notice

webfact

'Fast and Furious 7' showing suspended until further notice

3-26-2015-10-22-43-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Civil Court issued an injunction on Wednesday suspending the show of Hollywood’s action-packed movie “Fast and Furious 7” scheduled on April 1 pending the court’s trial of a breach of contract case between Saha Mongkol Film and one of the actors.

Saha Mongkol Film filed a lawsuit with the Civil Court against Panom Yeerum, alais Ja Panom, a Thai actor in the “Fast and Furious 7” film, as the first defendant, Universal International Pictures and UIP Thailand as the second and third defendants for breach of contract.

Saha Mongkol said that Ja Phanom was still in contract with the company but had worked for Universal Pictures in the shooting of “Fast and Furious 7” amounting to breach of contract.

The company has demanded 1.6 billion baht in compensation from the three defendants.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/fast-and-furious-7-showing-suspended-until-further-notice

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-27

Fast and Furious 7 not so fast in Thailand

Bangkok:- Due to a court injunction that came out Thursday evening, Fast and Furious 7 will not hit big screens for Thai movie goers next week.

The Civil Court has suspended the screening of the action movie in response to a complaint filed by Sahamongkol Film International Co. Ltd. The complaint surrounds the fact that famous Thai martial arts actor, Tatchakorn Yeerum or Tony Jaa, has taken a role in the film without the firm’s consent. Tatchakorn is accused of breaching the contract that he has signed with firm and is valid till till 2023.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/812262-fast-and-furious-7-not-so-fast-in-thailand/

Well if they have a case it should be be between them and the actor. Kinda like suing a different car brand because some celebrity agreed to be seen in only in one of theirs but was seen in a competing brand. Not the ccompeting car company's fault imo.

1.6 billion does have a nice sound to it however...

• Like 1

If he has breached his contract then there has to be some sort of comeback on him.

Not sure banning the film is the way forward, but as the whole franchise is a pile of stinking horse dung, I can live with it.

Never heard of the actor though, is he that famous? Worldwide I mean.

• Like 2

1.6 billion baht in compensation

cheesy.gif They would get a photo of my raw bum instead.

I'm not sure why the movie was blocked, its release has nothing to do with a breach of contract between the actor and his agent. Sue the actor but stopping the movie is a waste of time. It will be for sale (all over Thailand) as a bootleg DVD within 2 days of its release and on torrents for all to download.

• Like 2

If he has breached his contract then there has to be some sort of comeback on him.

Not sure banning the film is the way forward, but as the whole franchise is a pile of stinking horse dung, I can live with it.

Never heard of the actor though, is he that famous? Worldwide I mean.

It seems the actor they are referring to is Tony Jaa, perhaps best known for the "Ong Bak" series of movies (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1388074/)

Never heard any of those other names though (Panom Yeerum, Ja Panom, Tatchakorn Yeerum).

• Like 1

When I saw the RSS-Feed "Fast and Furious 7 showing suspended until further notice" I thought it was because of the road-carnage in Thailand and part of the campaign for higher road-safety (ie. don't give patterns for brainless Lamborghini-drivers). But no - it's only about money and a lawsuit...

I thought exactly the same thing. Figured the Ministry of Culture Truth were going to say it would encourage bad driving or something similarly inane.

This is just as stupid though.

Can't sue Universal Pictures because your actor under contract decided to except an offer Via his agent. Universal used actor in good fate. So with Universal out of law suit would you except a bowl of noddles and a Leo instead? Because If you want to sue Universal you have to file case in California. Not Thailand knucklehead.

I would expect a few counter suits shortly for losses,..

• Like 2

If some one achieves a ban on another parties ability to carry on his business.

Then unless the banning party wins the case with no side judgments

Any person or person who suffer financially from the loss of his right to make money using the property banned in a legal manner

Has the right to Sue the 1st party, also for loss of income due to his involvement in denying him his legal rights

Has someone just opened Pandoras box