Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

11 minutes ago, notnaff said:

I am very impressed with the new website. It crashed a couple of times before I could register but apart from finding the UK in the country field (type GBR) everything was a doddle. Application was approved in 1 day. 

Which office do you report too?

4 minutes ago, vinci said:

I just renew my 1 years stay and got this with my stay, does this mean that the next date for 90 days report?

1.jpg

Yes, you can do it up to 14 days before that date (29 Jan 2022) up to that date, online or in person.  After that date you have up to 6 days to report in person.

3 minutes ago, vinci said:

I just renew my 1 years stay and got this with my stay, does this mean that the next date for 90 days report?

report.jpg

Is that a stamp in your passport or on a slip of paper stapled into your passport? It certainly looks like your next report date but it's only 40 days hence. What date did you extend? Could 29th January 2022 be 90 days from your last 90 day report?

I've not seen such a notice before.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Is that a stamp in your passport or on a slip of paper stapled into your passport? It certainly looks like your next report date but it's only 40 days hence. What date did you extend? Could 29th January 2022 be 90 days from your last 90 day report?

I have had the situation in the past where the IO cocked up and gave me 30 days instead of 90 days. I didn't spot it immediately because he stamped "MAR" instead of "MAY" and my eyesight isn't perfect. When we arrived home my wife rang him and he accepted that he'd made a mistake and said he would rectify it on the computer. We were just to cross out the incorrect date on the slip and replace it with the correct date.

• Like 1

its on the slip staple to passport, extension was approve on the beginning of November

Edited by vinci

When was the date of your last 90-Day Report?  If 89 days before the date given in the stamp then that is as expected.  When an immigration officer takes it upon themselves to do a 90 day report for you at your extension normally the date stamped is 89 days from the date of your extension.  Otherwise, extension dates and 90-Day Report dates have little relationship between them.  90-Day reports are due when you have been in Thailand for 90 days since entering or since the date of your last 90-Day Report.

9 minutes ago, vinci said:

its on the slip staple to passport, extension was approve on the beginning of November

In that case it is definitely your next report date. It appears that they adjusted your 90 day report date to coincide with your extension.

It's not the usual stapled in report slip, i.e. the bottom section of the TM47 form (unless they've recently changed it).

I mailed in my 90 day report on November 9 by EMS as it was due by the 24th. Although I enclosed the self addressed stamped envelope, I still haven't received the reply back by post. It says on the website to contact them after one month if nothing is received. Anyone else have a similar problem before and should I just wait or go to the office and if so, which one in Bangkok (the one where I do the extensions or the temporary one they had opened earlier this year for 90-day reports?

27 minutes ago, Scooby Snacks said:

I mailed in my 90 day report on November 9 by EMS as it was due by the 24th. Although I enclosed the self addressed stamped envelope, I still haven't received the reply back by post. It says on the website to contact them after one month if nothing is received. Anyone else have a similar problem before and should I just wait or go to the office and if so, which one in Bangkok (the one where I do the extensions or the temporary one they had opened earlier this year for 90-day reports?

I have seen reports of receiving up to six weeks after due date (and mine was about four) so would wait until after the New Year.  Believe all 90 day still done at MTT but there were reports they would be moving back.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Scooby Snacks said:

I mailed in my 90 day report on November 9 by EMS as it was due by the 24th.

My three most recent mail-ins (CW) have taken between 49 and 56 days, measured from the day I mail it at the PO, to the day the EMS driver hands it to me.

Personally, I always plan to wait at least six weeks after the DUE date, so ~ 8 weeks all in before I even consider schlepping to MTT. Even then, I might wait until my NEXT report is scheduled to be due, and show that I mailed it in on time. Any fine won't be higher I don't think.

Is this your first time mailing it in? Do you receive mail reliably at your current address? You included a stamped return envelope? Enough (37 baht) for EMS?

All that said you've got to do what makes you comfortable. Go to MTT and file a report, or wait a bit longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies. Well I used to do it online and then that got screwed up after my last extension of stay in May this year so I mailed it in the time before last also and got it back within about a month or so of mailing it in. 

I sent both times by EMS and the post office recommended just putting 10 baht or so on the return envelope, which I got back no problem so tried to do the same thing this last time as well.

It could be because there were a lot of holidays already in December so that may have slowed things down too.

Who really knows? It could be lost in the mail or maybe it will turn up after the holidays. I guess I will wait until January 15 before considering making the trek to MTT office to show them the EMS receipt and printout of the proof of delivery. I appreciated the feedback. Cheers!

18 hours ago, Scooby Snacks said:

I mailed mine at the beginning of Dec. via EMS, and also have not received any mailed receipt thus far.

For some reason, the return mail response times for 90-day reports seem to generally have gotten longer in recent months than they have been in the past.

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I mailed mine at the beginning of Dec. via EMS, and also have not received any mailed receipt thus far.

For some reason, the return mail response times for 90-day reports seem to generally have gotten longer in recent months than they have been in the past.

One reason may be that they seem to process on date due rather than date received?

42 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

One reason may be that they seem to process on date due rather than date received?

Another reason may be that they can't be bothered?

I would ask when the report is mailed and received a month later, is the next date to report 90 days after the previous date. That should indicate on which date they processed the report.

Edited by Yorkie

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Another reason may be that they can't be bothered?

I would ask when the report is mailed and received a month later, is the next date to report 90 days after the previous date. That should indicate on which date they processed the report.

My most recent report, last month, was indeed processed on due date for the first time.  Previous mailed reports were processed well before due date so a week or two lost between reports. 

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Mine was processed on the next report date, then mailed 14 days later.

My earlier reports were always processed on the next report date, but not mailed for another 4 - 6 weeks.

So not sure what you're getting at?

This recent mail-in is by far the shortest period I have ever experienced.

For me mail-in is easy, simple, reliable, and costs less than 100 baht. 

If/when the new, newer, newest on-line system works reliably for others my default is mail-in.

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

My most recent report, last month, was indeed processed on due date for the first time.  Previous mailed reports were processed well before due date so a week or two lost between reports. 

So, if we assume that the report was completed on the due date, how long did it then take until the receipt was received by you?

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

So, if we assume that the report was completed on the due date, how long did it then take until the receipt was received by you?

About 2 or 3 weeks after due date so about 5 weeks total.  So receiving later than previously but at least do not lose a week or two as was the case in the past when they processed early.  So appears there long wait for mailing - or they actually did not process on date indicated but as received prior to due date print that date on receipt.

Bangkok/MTT now processes mail-ins on due date of the current report even if they rec'd it from you two weeks earlier.   My last three mail-ins have been like that.  And then it can take 2 to 4 weeks for your 10 baht self addressed envelope with new receipt to arrive your home mailbox as I don't think CW mails daily....they seem to do batch mailings every week or so.

I was at MTT this Monday/20 Dec to talk my rejects on the new online system (that talk resulted in pretty much nothing).  But the IO did look into the system and saw my mail-in was processed/approved on 17 Dec at 3:20pm.    17 Dec was the due date of my current report and MTT received my mail-in via EMS on 3 Dec....then they just set on it until 17 Dec/the due date of my current report.   

The IO did give me an unsigned printout of the my new receipt...said the real/signed one will arrive via mail in around 20 days....and I think he said it probably got mailed out on 20 Dec....but maybe he was assuming it would be mailed next business day.  As of 23 Dec I have not received it.  If it like my recent mail-ins sometime around New Years give or take or week I should receive the new receipt---but it all depends on when MTT "really" handed it over to the postal system.

The turnaround time at MTT has definitely got a lot longer over the last year.  I use to get around a 2 week turnaround time; now it's 4 to 6 weeks from me mailing to MTT via EMS (takes 2 days for them to receive it) and them my 10 baht self addressed envelope with new receipt to arrive my home mailbox.

I would love to report via online....but neither of the older web-based system or the mobile app have every worked for me....I just get the "Sorry Charlie, please report to your local immigration office" after trying to submit the first page of data....and while the new web-based system "will" accept a report from me the report is rejected by immigration after approx one week.  I submitted two reports on the new system...one on 3 Dec which was rejected with no reason given on 9 Dec....and then I resubmitted on 9 Dec and it also was rejected 16 Dec with no reason given.  I guess I'm stuck with mail-ins and/or in-person reports until some day in the future that the online system might start working for me.  

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pib said:

I was at MTT this Monday/20 Dec to talk my rejects on the new online system (that talk resulted in pretty much nothing).

I was going to ask, if anyone had had any actual success in going out to MTT in person in an attempt to get them to fix, even on just an individual one person basis, their system's bogus mis-reporting of recent retirement extension recipients as being on overstay, and thus (falsely) ineligible for being able to do 90-day reporting online.

I tried calling to the Immigration telephone hotline number, and got a rep who said he didn't have access to the Immigration computer system and couldn't even look up the particulars of my extensions grants, etc etc.  It was pointless and futile, as any attempts to remedy actual problems with BKK CW/MTT often are.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

After almost of 2 years of not being able to report my 90 days online ,

Today I received my approval for the 90 days report, using the new browser site, I applied yesterday at 6am and got the approval today at 4.40pm. 

My problem was like others after my extension in Sep 2020 the system showed me as on overstay and it was only after my latest extension in Oct 2021 that it changed to a 'normal overstay'. That happened after my Thai wife questioned the immigration officer and requested a 90 days report to be done immediately while extending the non O. 

Hopefully when my next report in March 2022 is due, I will be able to  submit it online. 

Previously, I had no issues reporting online (always worked) from mid 2015 to Feb 2020.

15 years living in Thailand and almost 50 plus 90days reports.

For what? Not sure ????????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...