Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

I got to download some User Manual PDF showing foreigners how to fill in forms........All IN THAI. It did explain that where it says NAME, you put your NAME, DATE OF BIRTH put DATE OF BIRTH etc etc....TIT.

Haven't opened the site, but if you go into overstay, i.e. can't get to CWattana on time due to circumstances unforeseen, does it permit paying the 2,000B via credit card? If so, how much of a risk is that? Anybody?

If you are late you will have to go to immigration to do your report and pay the fine.

The instructions tell you that you can only do online reporting in the window of 15 to 7 days before the report date.

At some point in the future... so currently only available on a browser nobody uses and is going away completely.

It is possible to do it with other browsers. I just opened it on Chrome using a bookmark for the page I set up when this was first discussed. It will not work by clicking the link on the immigration website. Copy and paste this address in the your bowser extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Doesn't work with my Chrome of Firefox

Have you clicked OK on the message about it only working with IE, It should load after that.

When I do it in Chrome it does not always work the first time for some reason. But it does work on the next try.

Opened in Linux using Chrome and FF with the link. S>L>O>W as could be, and I am on fiber optic 3BB. Got the home page, scrolled through the agreement down to bottom, tried to click the "accept" but dysfunctional, but the "decline" works which of course boots you out.

Nor ready for prime time.

me="Suradit69" post="9235552" timestamp="1427421404"]

Could the announcement or some step-by-step instructions be pinned in this forum for future reference?

Shirley, it will be simple and straightforward to use, being written by Thai web designers. And well-maintained, too...

No need instructions.

My point exactly

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

At some point in the future... so currently only available on a browser nobody uses and is going away completely.

Yeah I noticed that too! Is anyone surprised by this? What web lackey would design it only for explorer but a Thai?

Anyone else see the irony of opening up the program on this date? clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Actually considering the usual "news item" posted on Thai Visa on that date and the usual hook-line-and-sinker reactions by Thai Visa members, it may be ironic is a way totally opposite from what you are implying.

hook.jpg

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is possible to do it with other browsers. I just opened it on Chrome using a bookmark for the page I set up when this was first discussed. It will not work by clicking the link on the immigration website. Copy and paste this address in the your bowser extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Doesn't work with my Chrome of Firefox

Have you clicked OK on the message about it only working with IE, It should load after that.

When I do it in Chrome it does not always work the first time for some reason. But it does work on the next try.

It works. You have to scroll down to the bottom and acknowledge you've read the agreement by clicking a box. Then the "Accept" button activates.

so what about the dozen bodies milling around in the 90 days reporting office, i suppose they will be milling around somewhere else lol !! joke ok, i know some people will still report, i wait on feedback before i commit,

Well was gonna try online report on 29th of this month so guess it's a final trip to immo for the gf sob sob.

As for ie it isn't being dropped as such as it will run in conjunction with the new browser as i'm led to believe on reading microsoft literature.

So this old man set in his way is smiling once again.

Haven't opened the site, but if you go into overstay, i.e. can't get to CWattana on time due to circumstances unforeseen, does it permit paying the 2,000B via credit card? If so, how much of a risk is that? Anybody?

Just to point out ( and it matters to understand, it's not just hair-splitting) : you are NOT on overstay at any point if you miss your 90-day report. Overstay is an immigration offence - it means you are in the country illegally after your permission to stay has expired.

Your 90-day report does not PERMIT you to stay longer, and not doing it doesn't mean you have "overstayed". You can enter Thailand on Jan 1st, on a visa that allows you to stay for a year, and you still have to do a 90-day report at the end of March. If you do not do it you still have a completely valid permission to stay for a year, and this is not changed.

You merely become guilty of the technical offence of failing to report your address at intervals of 90 days, which is triggered whenever you stay in the country for 90 days consecutively. The need to do 90-day reports is in fact caused by the fact that you have permission to stay that exceeds 90 days, and so you are by definition never on on overstay after 90 days, even if you don't do your address report.

• Like 2

I just copied & pasted the address in Chrome on a MacBook Pro,Whatever came up didn't work ,Thanx.

An "un-clickable" link just goes to show...... I dunno. They are copying the US & Chinese government websites every step of the way I guess.

internet_explorer_540.jpg

Don't you just love the efficiency of government?...... And some people think that paying taxes is a good thing.

In theory it is. Never, ever seen it work properly though as far as civil servants.

90 day report online is currently NOT recommended:

As HTTP Secure is NOT provided.

Seriously... It's not a site where you use your Credit Card,

and your personal data are all over the Internet already.

Why would a pirate lost his time to intercept your Internet communications with this site ?

A "pirate" may like to listen in at the immigration end though and be able to capture ALL details submitted via this site. Also, last time I checked, my name, address, date of birth and passport number were not available "all over the Internet" to anybody.

If an attacker were able to collect this information, he would have a nice database of every foreigner in Thailand, name, address, passport number, date of birth, gender, etc, which might be worth a baht or two to a marketer or a cyber-criminal looking to steal identities.

This is the risk you take, as they say, up to you...

• Like 1

Does this work when doing a 90 day reporting for a non- immigration O visa, it is multiple entry and I have to do a border run every 90 days? I don't want have to do a border run every 90 days if possible.

It is for doing reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country.

You cannot stay longer than 90 days because your visa only allows you to get a 90 entry. You have to leave and re-enter the country to get a new entry every 90 days. You are not doing a report of any kind when you do that.

The only way you can avoid making border runs is to apply for an extension of stay. It could be for retirement, marriage to a Thai or being the legal parent of a Thai.

At some point in the future... so currently only available on a browser nobody uses //

Nobody? IE still is more used than Firefox, Safari or Opera

Not by a long shot.

post-566-0-25077400-1427435447_thumb.jpg

As for https, that is very simple to implement unless they can't afford to buy a commercial certificate but still can use a self signed one.

A step in the right direction for sure, but....

Maybe I'm sometimes a tad jaded by the reliability of Thai bureaucracy, and since going to immigration in KK isn't much of an effort for me, I'm thinking I'll give it 6-9 months and just see how things pan out.

Hopefully we don't get a rash of bemused looking farangs being carted off in shackles to an immigration paddy wagon, burbling something along the lines of..."but I submitted it all online, really I did"

Mission Impossible !!!

The website doesn't support my browser.

I am not going to buy a computer with an old Internet Explorer that still has all that buggs inside and isn't safe for hackers !!!

They are still using illegal copies of Windows XP I guess...

post-197672-0-17112200-1427438155_thumb.

Edited by FredNL

Mission Impossible !!!

The website doesn't support my browser.

I am not going to buy a computer with an old Internet Explorer that still has all that buggs inside and isn't safe for hackers !!!

They are still using Windows XP I guess...

attachicon.gifimmigration.jpg

As said already it will work with other browsers. It has been found that with other browsers you have to copy and paste the website address into your browser.

You still get that message you posted but it will work after you click OK.

Most browsers have extensions you can install to emulate IE also.

• Like 1

At some point in the future... so currently only available on a browser nobody uses //

Nobody? IE still is more used than Firefox, Safari or Opera

and - mainly - is *available* on most Windows PC

BTW did you read the original article ?

The service currently requires the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser.

The bureau hopes to make it compatible with other popular browsers later.

wink.png

I have a website, and after reading the remarks about this only working on IE browser, just went to look at the report statistics on what browsers are used by visitors which are currently (in order of popularity): 1. Chrome, 2. Safari, 3. Firefox. That makes up more than 98% of traffic (mostly Western countries with very little Asian visibility). Netscape, all versions of IE and a couple of others make up the remaining <2%. If I and millions of other sites can handle all the browsers, then surely a Gov't department can(?).

Why don't they hire one of the experts from PAIBKK.com.

They have the experience since 1981 and were Europe's first B2B internet access and presence provider in 1993.

Also they hacked everything that could be hacked in the 1980's.

Also the link at the immigration website to the TM 47 document/form gives a 404 Not Found error

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/download/tm47.doc

Amateurs or .... just wait till Aprils Fools Day ???

Edited by FredNL

I have just done mine online, but when I clicked on "send" I didn't get any confirmation message. Email confirmation would be ideal. I will send my documents by post just in case.

Which part of "From 1st April" did you not understand ?

90 day report online is currently NOT recommended:

As HTTP Secure is NOT provided.

Seriously... It's not a site where you use your Credit Card,

and your personal data are all over the Internet already.

Why would a pirate lost his time to intercept your Internet communications with this site ?

A "pirate" may like to listen in at the immigration end though and be able to capture ALL details submitted via this site. Also, last time I checked, my name, address, date of birth and passport number were not available "all over the Internet" to anybody.

If an attacker were able to collect this information, he would have a nice database of every foreigner in Thailand, name, address, passport number, date of birth, gender, etc, which might be worth a baht or two to a marketer or a cyber-criminal looking to steal identities.

This is the risk you take, as they say, up to you...

Same as me. Actually I am worried about this site. This could be a high risk of a massive database leak...