Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

Was hoping the golden email would arrive today. Nothing so far. I'll be heading to CM tomorrow. Hope it is not too much of a zoo. unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeCQhPTdy

Have you gone online to check the status of your application? I am not sure all offices are sending out emails.

Yeah, still pending. saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCdW09GY8hG

Ubonjoe, just checked again and still pending. However I just noticed something with mine. My Visa (not extension) expires June 22. So 90 days is beyond the expiry date. I have a feeling because of that I need to go in person this time.

Which will brings me to another separate post about renewing by flying in and out and getting an extension that way without all the paper work. Will post latter.

If you have an OA visa you just need to do an entry on or before the enter before day on your visa to get a new one year entry. Then after that you will need a re-entry permit if you want to travel.

It may be that your office is not processing on line reports yet. If no approval you will just have to your report in person.

would be really good to have a stepby step idiot, for me, proof sticky guide . Done maybe not by an it bod,no disrespect but i've found they tend to assume people know and understand things when the reality is ,,,,,

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ubonjoe, just checked again and still pending. However I just noticed something with mine. My Visa (not extension) expires June 22. So 90 days is beyond the expiry date. I have a feeling because of that I need to go in person this time.

Which will brings me to another separate post about renewing by flying in and out and getting an extension that way without all the paper work. Will post latter.

If you have an OA visa you just need to do an entry on or before the enter before day on your visa to get a new one year entry. Then after that you will need a re-entry permit if you want to travel.

It may be that your office is not processing on line reports yet. If no approval you will just have to your report in person.

Thanks...I masde a separate post in regards to flying in and out.

I think you have to go in person because your report is the first one since moving from Samui to Phak Chong, Nakhon Ratchasima. You wrote that you moved several weeks ago.

Thanks Mastro....I think that too is another reason why I'll be driving 200 Kms round trip for a 5 minute exchange. Going tomorrow.

would be really good to have a stepby step idiot, for me, proof sticky guide . Done maybe not by an it bod,no disrespect but i've found they tend to assume people know and understand things when the reality is ,,,,,

I do have a guideline in the CM forum if that may help - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/?p=9297124#entry9297124

90 day report from Nakhon Si Thammarat:

Filled in the on-line form at noon today (using a Mac and Safari) for my wife and myself. Approval email received at 5:20pm today.

Excellent service and our congrats to Thai Immigration!

• Like 1

Submitted on April 1st. Still pending. Chiang Mai Office. Looks like I get to make a trip there. Sigh. sad.png

Chiang Mai went online around 7th April and the first approval was received same day.

It's in the Chiang Mai Forum; http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/815424-90-day-reporting-online-just-did-it/page-2

Your 'pending' application is waltzing around in cyberspace. This is what happens if applications are made before your local office is operational.

Only a handful of offices were active on 1st April. Other offices are gradually being brought online, but it will take weeks for every office to be operational.

If your not sure if your office is operational, ring them first to save wasted time.

Got a problem, changed my name by deed poll and sent away for a new passport with new name, no problem. Got form from British embassy to transfer extension of stay stamp to new passport, so went today to do that and 90 day report at the same time. Anyway i go to transfer stamp to new passport and they ask me do you have proof of change of name? I say yes my new passport, and the form stamped and signed by the British embassy, also the deed poll signed and stamped by a notary public here in Thailand that i used to change my name on my passport along with my old passport. They tell me this isn't sufficient evidence that i am the same person, bearing in mind my old passport is only 2 years old so i haven't changed that much. So they wouldn't transfer my stamp or let me do my 90 day report, they say i need more evidence that i am me and to return in the next 7 days which is my 90 day report deadline. Question is if all these forms of ID are supposedly insufficient (never mind they're sufficient for the rest of the world) where do i stand and what can i do?

Got a problem, changed my name by deed poll and sent away for a new passport with new name, no problem. Got form from British embassy to transfer extension of stay stamp to new passport, so went today to do that and 90 day report at the same time. Anyway i go to transfer stamp to new passport and they ask me do you have proof of change of name? I say yes my new passport, and the form stamped and signed by the British embassy, also the deed poll signed and stamped by a notary public here in Thailand that i used to change my name on my passport along with my old passport. They tell me this isn't sufficient evidence that i am the same person, bearing in mind my old passport is only 2 years old so i haven't changed that much. So they wouldn't transfer my stamp or let me do my 90 day report, they say i need more evidence that i am me and to return in the next 7 days which is my 90 day report deadline. Question is if all these forms of ID are supposedly insufficient (never mind they're sufficient for the rest of the world) where do i stand and what can i do?

Suggest you make this a separate post. You might get a faster answer.

The website clearly states if your application is not processed you need to appear in person.

It most certainly does not say that. It says:

"Failure to complete the online application form properly and failure to submit the required information may affect your chances of apply notification 90 days online.

The applicant (or authorize someone to file for you,only in case of not overdue), must come to the nearest Immigration Office or Branch Office in your residence area."
Additionally, since you can mail in your 90 day report, there is no need whatsoever to go in person to an Immigration Office for a 90 day report.

Online reporting can be made 15 -7 days before your due date.

Mailing in should be made 15 days before your due date.

If you choose the online method then fail to get an approval receipt your too late to then use the posting method.

In that situation you have no other choice than to attend in person.

Those who get the 'contact Immigration' message also need to attend in person if they wish to do future online reports, to check their details against the details on the Immigration database.

Many members also still have applications 'pending' because their office is either not yet functional, or their office became functional on a later date to when the member made the application.

Again, not true. The 15 days prior to due date for mailing is a guideline.....plenty of reports of people mailing them in 4-5 days in advance and having no difficulty. Last time I mailed it a total of 72 hours elapsed from the day I mailed it until I received the confirmation in the return mail.

Up to you. The rules clearly state:

- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

In another public notification about 90 day reporting from Immigration, it also states;

'The mail must arrive at the Immigration office 7 days before the 90 day period is expired' (attached pdf).

There are also reports of members receiving warnings for late mail applications, or refusals.

90day_notification.pdf

Reply to Spiderstan...

At the top of the page go to forums the to visas. You'll see a link on the right that say new topic. You could cut past your question from here to there. Just give it some what of a meaningful title.

Edited by Mrjlh

Being a newbie i don't know how to start a new post

Go to the main link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/

Select the forum most suited for your proposed topic. e.g. General Topics.

Click on 'General Topics' (Forum opens with lists of topics displayed)

Top left it will display 'General Topics' with total pages underneath. One the same line, to the far right, you will see 'Start New Topic'.

Your new 90 days should also start from expiration date of your old receipt, not from the date you did the report.

No, it actually starts the new 90 day clock from the time of approval. Many reports showing this including the online successful ones. Also my experience over several years of both walk in and mail in reporting.

Tywais, I politely disagree.

I've had this same debate with udonjoe.

I report to Amnat and regardless of whether reporting in person or by mail, they will always date your next report 90 days from the date of expiry of the old receipt, not 90 days from when you make the report. I believe that is the correct procedure.

I'll even refer to the Immigration website 'Notification of Staying over 90 days'.

It gives the procedures for notification by mail or in person.

Underneath those procedures it has a number of Notes.

- Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.

That clearly suggests your new stamped report date should be 90 days from the expiry date of the old receipt, not the day you applied.

That is what Amnat follows, I suggest other offices that do not, are actually wrong.

Edited by Faz

Did my 90 Day On Line Last Thursday evening ... My office is Nonthaburi ... It went PENDING straightaway. Checked just now and it's still saying PENDING. My official Report Date is 19th. Wonder if I should be concerned yet.

Suppose I have all next week to actually report in person.

Your new 90 days should also start from expiration date of your old receipt, not from the date you did the report.

No, it actually starts the new 90 day clock from the time of approval. Many reports showing this including the online successful ones. Also my experience over several years of both walk in and mail in reporting.

I report to Amnat and regardless of whether reporting in person or by mail, they will always date your next report 90 days from the date of expiry of the old receipt, not 90 days from when you make the report. I believe that is the correct procedure.

I'll even refer to the Immigration website 'Notification of Staying over 90 days'.

That clearly suggests your new stamped report date should be 90 days from the expiry date of the old receipt, not the day you applied.

That is what Amnat follows, I suggest other offices that do not, are actually wrong.

Out of curiosity how many 90 day reports have you done?

Sorry "Faz"...wrong or not, at Chiang Mai immigration, your next 90 days starts from the day you do your report.

This is correct. Whether another TV member thinks it's "wrong" or not is irrelevant. Lotta posts here lately from individual members stating their opinions and presenting them as "fact".

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When I used to do mine in person at cw I always went a few days early but the stamped the next due date 90 days from the expiry of the last one. My next report was due on 17/4/15 so I submitted online on 3/4/15 this was approved on 10/4/15 and my next report is due 90 days from the approval date

Submitted on April 1st. Still pending. Chiang Mai Office. Looks like I get to make a trip there. Sigh. sad.png

Chiang Mai went online around 7th April and the first approval was received same day.

It's in the Chiang Mai Forum; http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/815424-90-day-reporting-online-just-did-it/page-2

Your 'pending' application is waltzing around in cyberspace. This is what happens if applications are made before your local office is operational.

Only a handful of offices were active on 1st April. Other offices are gradually being brought online, but it will take weeks for every office to be operational.

If your not sure if your office is operational, ring them first to save wasted time.

How do you know all of that?

How do you know all of that?

Because I took the time and made the effort to find out.

1. My own Immigration Office

2. A Bangkok Immigration official.

3. Immigration Service Hotline 1178 or 1111.

Confirmed by Immigrations website:

http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days via Internet (work in process)

Success....received my "Approval" today late afternoon. No time stamp. Just need a little patience. No need to go to Korat. Thanks for all the replies.

Congratulations! Great to see that the system is working.

Sorry "Faz"...wrong or not, at Chiang Mai immigration, your next 90 days starts from the day you do your report.

This is correct. Whether another TV member thinks it's "wrong" or not is irrelevant. Lotta posts here lately from individual members stating their opinions and presenting them as "fact".

I'm well aware of offices that start the next 90 day report from the day you do your report.

What I'm pointing out is that according to Immigrations own website, reports should be 90 days from the expiration date of your old receipt.

You have a window of 15 days before and 7 days after your report date to attend in person.

If you attended 5 days after your report date, your new date would be from 90 days from the day your report was due, not the day you attended.

Just because you apply a few days early shouldn't make any difference.

Three. The next one is due 5 days before my extension expires.

When my extension is renewed my next report will be 90 days after the extension date.

I don't see the relevance of your question.

Three. The next one is due 5 days before my extension expires.

When my extension is renewed my next report will be 90 days after the extension date.

I don't see the relevance of your question.

A guy with almost no experience in Thailand telling folks here for 30 years and Thai immigration they are wrong strikes me as a bit odd.

In other words you are acting like an expert with very little actual experience.

I'd think one should be here for a while and have experience with many immigration offices and at least speak Thai before he acts like an expert.

I would class you as a newby and suggest that you include, "in my experience or in my opinion or from my limited experience" in your posts about immigration policy.

In my humble opinion.

Edited by lostoday
  • Like 2