Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

19 minutes ago, thaitanic said:

To follow up my post of 22nd January, I went to the Samut Prakan immigration today and did my 90-day report in person. My girlfriend asked the immigration officer why it hadn't worked online. He didn't really reply but grunted something vague about having recently done an extension of stay, and he said to try it online again next time. She then asked the lady on the information desk who replied that the online system has been unstable for a while and she recommended to do it in person at the office in future. ????‍♂️

As said above, my case isn't typical of the other recent failures because my last 90-day report was since my extension of stay was granted, although only an hour or so after.

One thing that took me by surprise is that the immigration officer wanted a copy of my last TM30 receipt. I don't think that was required before. So these are the documents that I handed over, and were accepted:

• TM.47 form
  • Passport
  • Copy of passport front page
  • Copy of current visa
  • Copy of last extension of stay
  • Copy of last entry stamp
  • Copy of TM.6 departure card
  • Copy of receipt of last 90-day report receipt
  • Copy of last TM.30 receipt

All that for your 90 day?  Jomtien is walk in with passport, walk out with slip...

PH

3 hours ago, pauleddy said:

Today is 1st day of my window so I am doing everything correctly, but:

•  
  • "For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area."

There is no easy answer. The last one was online. No passport was changed etc.Im on Mac using Chrome and the other browser Safari.

Do I just get lucky later when they let me in?

Eddy

When is your actual report due date?

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Many people are getting that message now if they have applied for a new extension since there last online report.

It appears the system is checking the previous report records for your permit to stay date. If it is already past that date you would get that message.

Joe I am doing this 15 days ahead of my due date to ensure. My report is due 13 Feb.

32 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

Joe I am doing this 15 days ahead of my due date to ensure. My report is due 13 Feb.

Rather than counting days, if your report due date falls on a Saturday, then the earliest you can do an online report is two Saturdays before that. Thats the easiest way to figure it out IMHO. So for Saturday Feb 13th the earliest day you can file online would be Saturday 30 Jan.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, pauleddy said:

Today is 1st day of my window so I am doing everything correctly, but:

•  
  • "For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area."

There is no easy answer. The last one was online. No passport was changed etc.Im on Mac using Chrome and the other browser Safari.

Do I just get lucky later when they let me in?

Eddy

Yesterday was the first day of my window.. and I got that message..  Today it accepted it OK.  I've done around 15 online report since it was introduced.

On 1/20/2021 at 5:20 PM, ThailandRyan said:

I posted a little over a week ago that I could not do my online report as my extension of stay was done the month after the current 90 day report was done.  So I ended up making an on-line appointment for yesterday at MTT, and arrived at 8 am for my 8:30 am que.  Walked right in as I was first in Que because of the online appointment and met the IO at his desk.  He took less than 5 minutes to give me a new date.  When I asked him about the online system and why it would not allow me to complete it online this time he basically indicated it was due to my date of allowed to stay that had been entered into the form on the database when I did my last 90 day on-line report was now expired.  He told me that unless something changes that I will have to do it in person the first time after I complete my  new extension of stay this next November.  He said that the system thinks that I might be on an overstay as the allowed stay date for the extension shown in the 90 day database for the last 90 day report has already passed, and the new extension needs to be verified by an IO.  I can then do the next 3 reports on-line, but after the next extension will more than likely have to appear in person to show my lovely face.  Crazy that they can not link the two databases.  Just wanted to update you as to what the IO said and what my experience was at MTT. 

So the solution is to get the 'extension stay-until date' updated on the 90 day database during a personal visit to MTT?

I always figured the problem related to a bad data field (though I didn't know which field) and now you mention it, it seems like the most plausible thing.  However, I already tried to get them to check my data and fix it some time ago - no luck. I just got stonewalled by the IO at MTT with reluctance/incredulity.

I shall go again this week, armed with this new intelligence, and report back.

Whatever happens, I guarantee that this is the last time I shall haul myself all the way out through endless building works to that bleak post-apocalyptic sun-backed-concrete hellhole that is MTT.

• Like 2

There are two of us reporting in our household so address details are identical. Both have done first, on new visa, reports in person.

First family member online report went in and approved within 48 hours.

My report then declined for "Address does not match that on record", despite being copied in exactly from previous form. Two more attempts both declined for the same reason.

Went for in-person report, no problem, done in a flash. I dared to ask why online did not work, showing the declined form with address. They confirmed the address was identical between form and record with shrugged shoulders.

Strange.....

I am trying to do the report from App.

What should I enter in the "Arrival Date" section? The last time I entered Thailand?

It was in March 2020 and if I put this date I get a message saying "Permit date on your passport must not overstay. Otherwise, you can contact the IO in your residing area".

I entered in March 2020 from Laos, then applied for 1 year marriage visa extension. In November i've reported in person at MTT.

Edited by zhounan

On 1/17/2021 at 2:00 PM, mtls2005 said:

The mobile app at least seems able to connect these days, but as with the web portal, I am unable to pass page 1.

I've done an in-person report since my most recent ext of stay. Have tried everything already.

Error msg: (indicates that the "system" may consider me to be on an overstay?

immappmsg.png

The same problem here.

I get the same message of overstay using the app...... previously in one of the many threads on the subject a couple of members said to correct it, just enter you last entry date and permitted to stay date in those relevant fields and it's good to go. Next report due 12 February which is second last day so I'll be giving it a try. Last report was done online because of app overstay issue, also on second last day. 

Will report back......the worst that can happen is 6-7 day over at the office. ????

Well, I kept on trying, finally got through to Page 2, filled it out, submit, got an instant 'Approved' flashing up on the screen which then vanished.

This website has been problematic for so long that I can only conclude that the Immigration Department prefers it that way.

The only trick I have learned is to type everything into the form rather than using auto-fill suggestions. It seems to work less poorly if you do it that way.

have lived in Chiang Mai for many years on a retirement visa, but will now be at a hotel in Bangkok for a couple of months, until I permanently leave Thailand. I will need to do a 90 day report next week. Can I expect any snufu's changing the 90 report to the hotel address?

27 minutes ago, 1cosmo said:

have lived in Chiang Mai for many years on a retirement visa, but will now be at a hotel in Bangkok for a couple of months, until I permanently leave Thailand. I will need to do a 90 day report next week. Can I expect any snufu's changing the 90 report to the hotel address?

A 90-day report is nothing more than a confirmation that you are still residing at the 'official address for Immigration purposes' of which you notified the IO of the province where that address is located by filing a TM-30.

So if you did not relocate to your new Bangkok address, your official address for Immigration purposes is still in Chiang-Mai.  So it would be no problem doing that 90-day report on-line or by mail addressed to the Chiang-Mai IO.

If you did relocate to Bangkok, by going to the Bangkok IO to notify them of your relocation there (this has to be done in person, and most IOs now want a TM-30 for doing such relocation), you would be able to do the 90-report at the Bangkok IO.

Note: Not sure whether a first 90-day report after relocation by filing the TM-30, needs to be done in person also.  But you could always try to do it on-line and when that does not work, do the 90-day report in person.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

A 90-day report is nothing more than a confirmation that you are still residing at the 'official address for Immigration purposes' of which you notified the IO of the province by filing a TM-30.

So if you did not relocate to your new Bangkok address, your official address for Immigration purposes is still in Chiang-Mai.  So it would be no problem doing that 90-day report on-line or by mail addressed to the Chiang-Mai IO>

If you did relocate to Bangkok, by going to the Bangkok IO to notify them of your relocation there (this has to be done in person, and most IOs now want a TM-30 for doing such relocation), you would be able to do the 90-report at the Bangkok IO.

Note: Not sure whether a first 90-day report after relocation by filing the TM-30, needs to be done in person also.  But you could always try to do it on-line and when that does not work, do the 90-day report in person.

Thanks, so maybe I could just try to do the 90 report online using my Chiang Mai address?
But if I understand correctly, the hotel in Bangkok where I am staying filed the TM30 report when I arrived last week?

1 minute ago, 1cosmo said:

Thanks, so maybe I could just try to do the 90 report online using my Chiang Mai address?
But if I understand correctly, the hotel in Bangkok where I am staying filed the TM30 report when I arrived last week?

Every Hotel or Guesthouse needs to report to the local IO that a foreigner is staying at the premisses.  This has to be done within 24 hours by filing a TM-30.

However, that filed TM-30 by the Hotel does not make it your 'official address for Immigration purposes'.  If you did not go personally to Bangkok IO to notify them that you relocated there, your official address for Immigration purposes will still be in Chiang-Mai.

And as mentioned you could do the 90-day report either on-line or by sending it by regular mail.  Be aware that the application windows for both methods are different.

When sending by regular mail this must be done at least 15 days before due date.  When doing it on-line you can do it from 15 days before till actual due date.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Every Hotel or Guesthouse needs to report to the local IO that a foreigner is staying at the premisses.  This has to be done within 24 hours by filing a TM-30.

However, that filed TM-30 by the Hotel does not make it your 'official address for Immigration purposes'.  If you did not go personally to Bangkok IO to notify them that you relocated there, your official address for Immigration purposes will still be in Chiang-Mai.

And as mentioned you could do the 90-day report either on-line or by sending it by regular mail.  Be aware that the application windows for both methods are different.

When sending by regular mail this must be done at least 15 days before due date.  When doing it on-line you can do it from 15 days before till actual due date.

Ahh, interesting. So the hotel TM30 is not official until I file the TM30 at the IO. So I will just try to use my Chiang Mai address online next week.

14 minutes ago, 1cosmo said:

Ahh, interesting. So the hotel TM30 is not official until I file the TM30 at the IO. So I will just try to use my Chiang Mai address online next week.

Yes, that will work fine.

FYI > The TM-30 has a dual purpose.

- Tracking the wherabouts of Foreigners > Hotels/guesthouses need to notify the local IO that a foreigner is staying at their premisses, and this has to be done within 24 hours of the foreigners arrival at the premisses > failing to do that the Hotel/guesthouse can be fined;

- Relocation to a different province > A foreigner on a Non Imm Visa needs to visit the local IO of the new province and provide them with the address of the place where he has relocated.  Most IOs use the TM-30 form for that 'relocation notification' (but there are still some that use the earlier TM-27 for that purpose).

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1