Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

Just now, ubonjoe said:

That page is out of date since they opened the temporary office at Muang Thong Thani where 90 day reporting in person is done now.

How can the page be out of date if the site has just reopened and is publishing this information. There is no reference to 90-day reporting at MTT on the site.

Ubon Joe protesteth too much methinks. You purportedly have links to immigration. Why don't you ask them to clarify this.

6 minutes ago, Advocate said:

How can the page be out of date if the site has just reopened and is publishing this information. There is no reference to 90-day reporting at MTT on the site.

That immigration website has been open for over a year in its current form and the URL for it has been the same for a very long time.

Have a look at this page for info about MTT. https://bangkokimmigration.com/

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That immigration website has been open for over a year in its current form and the URL for it has been the same for very long time.

Have a look at this page for info about MTT. https://bangkokimmigration.com/

The Immigration Bureau is totally incompetent.

I just did the queue booking which booked me into Chamchuri Square.

90-day reporting and other IB issues is infested with disinformation.

I already have an application by mail 17 days ago which has not yet been responded to. If my application had been approved there should not have been a queue booking made if the IB Service was competent.

8 minutes ago, Advocate said:

I already have an application by mail 17 days ago which has not yet been responded to.

The immigration website states to wait 30 days after your report date if you do not get the receipt for a mailed in report before contacting them.

You are not the only one waiting for the receipt to be received in the mail.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The immigration website states to wait 30 days after your report date if you do not get the receipt for a mailed in report before contacting them.

You are not the only one waiting for the receipt to be received in the mail.

It is more than 200 days since two previous reports by mail received no response.

Nobody trusts the IB.

8 minutes ago, Advocate said:

I also challenge why the Immigration Bureau needs two websites. Why is there a immigration.gov.th site and a bangkokimmigration.com site.

The immigration website is for Immigration Bureau. The Bangkok immigration website is is for immigration Division 1 that is all of the Bangkok offices.

There are also websites for several immigration offices.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The immigration website is for Immigration Bureau. The Bangkok immigration website is is for immigration Division 1 that is all of the Bangkok offices.

There are also websites for several immigration offices.

That is chaotic and a cause for the spread of disinformation and misinformation.

It also implies multiple IB management groups and an absence of communication and alignment of policy between the management groups.

I cite the issue of queue appointments at Chamchuri Square for 90-day reports when several IB apologists claim reporting at MTT is required.

Edited by Advocate

I also question why there are a number of people on this forum who are prepared to not just tolerate, but defend the incompetent actions of the IB.

The first step to fixing problems is to admit there is a problem.

With TV defenders behind them the IB has no need to fix the problems.

It is nearly midday 20210315 and the 90-day reporting web site is still not fixed despite the IB promising to be out of bed by 20210315.

Edited by Advocate
  • Like 1

yes... i got many of the same warnings for online reporting... 

Now I'm past me 90 day reporting window... & i was out of Bangkok (my home location)... 

so is my only solution now to go to Immigration Office in Bangkok to submit my 90-day reporting in person? 

Which location? Cheang Wattana building... or the one past MungThongThani? 

Still possible to book in advance even though i'm late reporting now? 

Many thanks for any responses... 

51 minutes ago, wrazoru said:

Now I'm past me 90 day reporting window... & i was out of Bangkok (my home location)... 

so is my only solution now to go to Immigration Office in Bangkok to submit my 90-day reporting in person? 

Which location? Cheang Wattana building... or the one past MungThongThani? 

Still possible to book in advance even though i'm late reporting now? 

How late are you?

You do the report in person to the Muang Thong Thani office.

You can still get a appointment to do it if you arer are late. http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Online reporting still down. Maybe Big Joke is coming back to IB so no body doing anything right now. They must be swamped with mail in reports. I'm sending in 3 reports today.  

• Sad 1

Calm down.  Most of us have been here long enough to know that the Thai government is not our friend.

But we choose to live here. So we must endure the slings and arrows.

If you think that demanding they fix the problem. will get their attention.....they will only ask "what problem?"

I too am past my 90 day. I mailed in all the pages and stamped return envelope. I have no way of knowing, now, or ever, if their working on it, or threw it in the trash.

Mobs, riots, street protest seem to do little if any to change any situation..

That's my vent.

• Like 1

Hoop jumping again.  My 90 day is due the first week of April.  Let's hope the systems up or it will be another 1 hour ride out to MTT.  Wish I could use the Chimchuri location it's 1 km from my residence. I don't trust mail in.

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I don't trust mail in.

You keep receipt so at most it will be that same trip out to MTT six weeks later but in most cases you will indeed get your receipt by return mail.

Edited by lopburi3
remove image that does not want to depart

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Hoop jumping again.  My 90 day is due the first week of April.  Let's hope the systems up or it will be another 1 hour ride out to MTT.  Wish I could use the Chimchuri location it's 1 km from my residence. I don't trust mail in.

Mine got lost once on the way back, or maybe never sent. Go treated as if it was my fault and they almost fined me, never did it again had to go the the cop shop for a lost document report as well.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Mine got lost once on the way back, or maybe never sent. Go treated as if it was my fault and they almost fined me, never did it again had to go the the cop shop for a lost document report as well.

That it totally different than my experience - once they found in system (report had been made) they just printed out a new receipt and thanked me.  Although admit they did seem a bit cool until they found in system.

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That it totally different than my experience - once they found in system (report had been made) they just printed out a new receipt and thanked me.  Although admit they did seem a bit cool until they found in system.

Could be something as petty as stamp theft. IB has upped the 'ante' on stamps now demanding a 10 Baht stamp for a return letter that should only require 3 Baht stamp.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Advocate said:

It will be useful to be informed if anyone attended Chamchuri Square and were successful with their 90-day report in person.

Those on the "One Stop Service" all use it (as indicated above).  I believe the service is linked to specific visa types - you would know if you were on it.

Edited by treetops
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Advocate said:

Could be something as petty as stamp theft. IB has upped the 'ante' on stamps now demanding a 10 Baht stamp for a return letter that should only require 3 Baht stamp.

Actually price has been 10 baht for one or two decades from my memory - reason being they returned paperwork and it was often rather heavy.  But agree 10 baht made no sense postage wise and these days have not even been able to obtain such stamps.

4 minutes ago, treetops said:

Those on the "One Stop Service" all use it (as indicated above).  I believe the service is linked to specific visa types - you would know if you were on it.

It is business type but up until about a decade ago 90 day reports could be done there by anyone (before they moved to current location) just as they could be done at the two adjacent country immigration offices until a few years ago.  But then just CW and now only MTT.

Edited by lopburi3

32 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

We could go together, since we live in the same general area.

Mine is due on March 22nd, but I could go 5-6 days late.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually price has been 10 baht for one or two decades from my memory - reason being they returned paperwork and it was often rather heavy.  But agree 10 baht made no sense postage wise and these days have not even been able to obtain such stamps.

The first time I submitted by mail the people at the post office told me I only needed a 3 Baht stamp when the IB was , in the past, demanding 5 Baht stamps before the present demand for 10 Baht stamp.

My experience with reporting by mail is that the success rate is less than 50%, and I have never had submitted documents returned.

Furthermore, the IB does not need all the documents it requests for report by mail and only needs the form TM47 because if reporting in person and reporting online one only needs to submit form TM47 without the extra documents they demand for reporting by mail. Their need for the receipt of last report is dubious because they have that information and the receipt is not required for reporting online. The requirement for the receipt is just a means to cause annoyance to the applicant.

Edited by Advocate
  • Thanks 1