Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

Because online reporting has to be submitted 15 - 7 days before your report is due.

That may be why you got the message to visit Immigration.

The message does not have anything to do with your reporting date or even the office you report to.

There have been reports of people getting the message within the reporting window at offices that have approved reports.

It appears to a a problem with a persons record that is in the system.

So what message do you get Joe if your stupid enough to try an online report 4 days before it's due?

Neither you or I know why Don Mega got that message.

Read Nancy L experience. Chiang Mai couldn't find any reason for her receiving the message and why it didn't work.

As I stated in an earlier post, I think there is also a technical issue to this problem.

So far not one Immigration office have any clue as to why certain people are refused online and told to report to their office.

For some it's a god send, for others it's a shambles with no answers.

If you can get past the first page without getting the contact your local office message you can apply for a report outside the 15 to 7 day window and get a pending application but of course it probably will not be approved.

If you read NancyL's post you will see that immigration did not check anything. They just said they didn't know why.

I believe it is a problem with a persons record not being in the system or an error in the info on it.

I have sent an email to my local office asking them about the problem with screen shots of the info I entered and the message I get. I also included a scan of my passport photo page. Just waiting for reply now.

People need to be proactive instead of just throwing their hands in the air. Do what the message says and contact your local office.

No point in me contacting my local immigration as I never report there.

The address on my TM.47 is Banglamung but my reporting is always done in BKK, I suspect this is my issue.

No biggie though as I will just keep doing what I have been doing, the online would only provide me the convenience of not sending my passport to BKK.

EDIT: just filling out my TM.47..... the word doc that I have from immigration that allows me to type in the various details will not allow me to enter all the digits of my arrival card....maybe this is the issue.

Allows for "AB1234"

My arrival card is "AB12345"

Because online reporting has to be submitted 15 - 7 days before your report is due.

That may be why you got the message to visit Immigration.

The message does not have anything to do with your reporting date or even the office you report to.

There have been reports of people getting the message within the reporting window at offices that have approved reports.

It appears to a a problem with a persons record that is in the system.

So what message do you get Joe if your stupid enough to try an online report 4 days before it's due?

Neither you or I know why Don Mega got that message.

Read Nancy L experience. Chiang Mai couldn't find any reason for her receiving the message and why it didn't work.

As I stated in an earlier post, I think there is also a technical issue to this problem.

So far not one Immigration office have any clue as to why certain people are refused online and told to report to their office.

For some it's a god send, for others it's a shambles with no answers.

If you can get past the first page without getting the contact your local office message you can apply for a report outside the 15 to 7 day window and get a pending application but of course it probably will not be approved.

If you read NancyL's post you will see that immigration did not check anything. They just said they didn't know why.

I believe it is a problem with a persons record not being in the system or an error in the info on it.

I have sent an email to my local office asking them about the problem with screen shots of the info I entered and the message I get. I also included a scan of my passport photo page. Just waiting for reply now.

People need to be proactive instead of just throwing their hands in the air. Do what the message says and contact your local office.

Yes, I found it very annoying that three Immigration officers carefully scrutinized my screen print and my passport as if I was an idiot incapable of entering data, yet none listened to my suggestion that they check THEIR system for errors! As Ubonjoe says so eloquently, they just "threw their hands up in the air" and said maybe it will work next time as they asked if I brought a TM47 and copies with me.

No point in me contacting my local immigration as I never report there.

The address on my TM.47 is Banglamung but my reporting is always done in BKK, I suspect this is my issue.

No biggie though as I will just keep doing what I have been doing, the online would only provide me the convenience of not sending my passport to BKK.

EDIT: just filling out my TM.47..... the word doc that I have from immigration that allows me to type in the various details will not allow me to enter all the digits of my arrival card....maybe this is the issue.

Allows for "AB1234"

My arrival card is "AB12345"

If you apply in Bangkok for your extension you should still be able do online reporting from anywhere.

I use the TM47 MS word form and can enter all the digits of the arrival card. Been using the same form every 90 days for awhile.

Just change the date and print it.

yeah my extension is issued at One Stop.

Why do you use TM.30 instead of TM.47 for your 90 day reporting ?

You should be able to do your reports online to the one stop center. That should should be in immigration's records as the office you use.

It says TM47 now. Brain f**.

Why is Thailand so consistently behind the curve when it comes to the online world? Nearly every youth in the country has a smartphone. Why can't the immigration people just hire a kid to do the work, instead of a very old person who knows nothing about technology? It almost feels like the work is being done by 64 year old officers, rather than tech people. A good tech person could not get it this wrong. Designing it only for a nearly obsolete browser? Please. Is it only me, or does Thailand feel so far behind when it comes to the Internet?

Edited by spidermike007

yeah my extension is issued at One Stop.

Why do you use TM.30 instead of TM.47 for your 90 day reporting ?

You should be able to do your reports online to the one stop center. That should should be in immigration's records as the office you use.

It says TM47 now. Brain f**.

should do but not this time.

Next time I will try 15 to 7 days before. maybe that is the issue as mentioned by someone else who also called me stupid for some reason.

Let's be charitable and call it a Beta.

And let's be grateful that we are finally getting something that we have been wanting for years

Yes, it is not perfect, but at least it is a beginning and once all the offices get into the system we will wonder how we lived without it

Agreed, and it has worked seamlessly for many of us.

Just tried the online at 15 days before expiration for Chiang Mai, counting the end date to be safe. No luck and get the check with your immigration office message. I quadruple checked every detail based on my passport, previous 90 day reports and receipts, and it is correct.

The only thing I found is regarding my arrival date. I entered in 1993, left to get a double entry non-immigrant visa and arrived back in Thailand in 1994. But their pull down calendar for selecting the entry date only goes back to 2005 so manually entered the date. So back to mail in for me. Have no idea how to fix it without leaving the country. smile.png

Are you saying you haven't left the country since 1994? Because what they want is the most recent date of arrival in Thailand.

Edited by SpoliaOpima

I did my 90-day report at Ubon Ratchathani this morning, and told them that I hadn't been able to get past the first page on online reporting.

They said that it was because I had not been out of the country since 2009, and information stored doesn't go back that far. However, next time I make a round trip abroad I will then be registered and show up on the system. Does this concur with other people's experiences?

Like all new systems, there are bound to be teething troubles which hopefully will all be sorted out in time.. At least they have tried to improve things for us (and themselves), and some expats have benefitted already.

• Like 1

I did my 90-day report at Ubon Ratchathani this morning, and told them that I hadn't been able to get past the first page on online reporting.

They said that it was because I had not been out of the country since 2009, and information stored doesn't go back that far. However, next time I make a round trip abroad I will then be registered and show up on the system. Does this concur with other people's experiences?

Like all new systems, there are bound to be teething troubles which hopefully will all be sorted out in time.. At least they have tried to improve things for us (and themselves), and some expats have benefitted already.

That does no make much since to me that the records do not go back far enough. You have been getting extensions every year that gets entered into the system. That should mean your records are updated to me.

My last entry was in 2008.. I also cannot get past the first page.

I sent Ubon an email about it last Friday but no answer.yet.

My next report is not due until June so hoping it will be working by then,

So now I have a new question for people reading this topic. Has anybody been able to get past the first page with an old entry date?

That does no make much since to me that the records do not go back far enough. You have been getting extensions every year that gets entered into the system. That should mean your records are updated to me.

So now I have a new question for people reading this topic. Has anybody been able to get past the first page with an old entry date?

Is it the "entry date" that is the problem or is it with the previous 90 day reports not being computerized ?

I can't help but feel that if they inputted your information into the computer when you did your last 90 day report (like they started doing in Jomtien last year) then the system of online reporting works for you. If not and your "records" were in the system due to either extension of stay or entry into the country at a border crossing you did not get through the online system

Just a supposition on my part but seems to fit on why some get through and some don't using the online system. And it would not surprise me if the Immigration computer programs do not talk to each other

Yes, you may be in the system but there may be a separate systems / programs for 90 day reports, extension of stay, and entry and departures. That may be the reason the local offices don't know why you can't use it and are sent to them

• Like 2

My last entry date was 2011. I did the online report 15 Apr. and my 90 day report date is 29 Apr. My application is still pending as of today. Is this a problem? My problem is compounded by not having a passport if I do the 90 day in office as I usually do. My passport is at the US Embassy for renewal (new one).

Is it the "entry date" that is the problem or is it with the previous 90 day reports not being computerized ?

I can't help but feel that if they inputted your information into the computer when you did your last 90 day report (like they started doing in Jomtien last year) then the system of online reporting works for you. If not and your "records" were in the system due to either extension of stay or entry into the country at a border crossing you did not get through the online system

Just a supposition on my part but seems to fit on why some get through and some don't using the online system. And it would not surprise me if the Immigration computer programs do not talk to each other

Yes, you may be in the system but there may be a separate systems / programs for 90 day reports, extension of stay, and entry and departures. That may be the reason the local offices don't know why you can't use it and are sent to them

I don't think it has anything to do with the offices 90 day reporting system. Ubon has been doing them on a computer for some time now.

The records the intranet has to access first is the main immigration database and then when you do the application it is forwarded to your local office for their approval.

If you have done a successful report you can go back in and check your record and I think you will only see your most recent report. If they were truly linked in to the local system you would see all your reports.

Just tried the online at 15 days before expiration for Chiang Mai, counting the end date to be safe. No luck and get the check with your immigration office message. I quadruple checked every detail based on my passport, previous 90 day reports and receipts, and it is correct.

The only thing I found is regarding my arrival date. I entered in 1993, left to get a double entry non-immigrant visa and arrived back in Thailand in 1994. But their pull down calendar for selecting the entry date only goes back to 2005 so manually entered the date. So back to mail in for me. Have no idea how to fix it without leaving the country. smile.png

Are you saying you haven't left the country since 1994? Because what they want is the most recent date of arrival in Thailand.

That is correct and '94 is my most recent arrival date.

Can't get past the first page either.

Inputted all my info, hit the submit button and all I get is a box popping up saying 'for more info contact immigration'. No reference number given.

I last arrived in the country in October, 2014 so OBVIOUSLY should be in the system. The online system is simply NOT working.

Typical Thailand. Can't even get an online form to work properly.

Oh and not due to report until May 6th, so within the 7 day window. And in Bangkok.

KNEW it was too good to be true to actually be able to do this on line, it being TIT and all.

Edited by JordanJames

Inputted all my info, hit the submit button and all I get is a box popping up saying 'for more info contact immigration'. No reference number given.

I last arrived in the country in October, 2014 so OBVIOUSLY should be in the system. The online system is simply NOT working.

Oh and not due to report until May 6th, so within the 7 day window. And in Bangkok.

KNEW it was too good to be true to actually be able to do this on line, it being TIT and all.

The is system is certainly working for many people. Just go back a few pages in this topic and you will find posts by people that did successful reports.

Perhaps try again and double check everything is correct that you entered. The important ones appear to be passport number. date of birth and nationality.

The is system is certainly working for many people. Just go back a few pages in this topic and you will find posts by people that did successful reports.

Perhaps try again and double check everything is correct that you entered. The important ones appear to be passport number. date of birth and nationality.

Tried everything on 3 different browsers, just to be sure. All info correct, double and triple checked, within the 7 day window, and still not working.

Just talked to a friend, he had same problem. Ended up having to go to Immigration in BKK yesterday and they couldn't tell him why it wasn't working. It should do but it doesn't.

My guess? Someone at Immigration has entered my information incorrectly in their computer system so it's not matching up. Can't see what else it could be, especially as I'm not one of those people who have never left Thailand for 10 years. I've only been back in country for 6 months and just got new visa 3 months ago. It should not be this difficult. But.....it's Thailand. So..... it is.

Friend just emailed me to say his problem was the Immigration officer inputted the WRONG incoming flight number, which is why his wasn't accepted.

See. Sadly with this system you have to trust the Immigration office at the airport can read your flight info correctly.

Friend just emailed me to say his problem was the Immigration officer inputted the WRONG incoming flight number, which is why his wasn't accepted.

See. Sadly with this system you have to trust the Immigration office at the airport can read your flight info correctly.

That seems odd since the flight number is not a required entry. It dose not have a * beside it. Perhaps they just told him that because it was easier to explain.

I select other because I didn't fly in and the flight number box goes away.

That seems odd since the flight number is not a required entry. It dose not have a * beside it. Perhaps they just told him that because it was easier to explain.

I select other because I didn't fly in and the flight number box goes away.

No he says they showed him the flight number they had. Different than the one he had put on his entry form and on his plane ticket. So obviously their mistake. I've even just tried it omitting everything that's not starred and still doesn't work, so the only thing I can think is they have something incorrect in their system as all of my info is completely correct.

Well making the report was easy enough but it is now 7 days and still showing "pending" status. As it is due Friday, and Friday is a holiday, and it is now too late to do by mail , if it does not come through by tomorrow I will have to make the 3 hour drive.

Starting to wish I had just done by mail as usual....

• Like 1

Well making the report was easy enough but it is now 7 days and still showing "pending" status. As it is due Friday, and Friday is a holiday, and it is now too late to do by mail , if it does not come through by tomorrow I will have to make the 3 hour drive.

Friday is not a holiday for immigration. Monday and Tuesday is though.

It seems your office is not processing the reports yet.

Rest assured that someone in the IT department of Royal Thai Police, responsible for this new Immigration system, is diligently monitoring this thread and duly grateful for all of your most useful input.

Keep it up, chaps.

Friday is not a holiday for immigration. Monday and Tuesday is though.

It seems your office is not processing the reports yet.

Joe,

Are you sure of this? May 1st is on the list of Thai public holidays...

I would much rather wait until Friday on the off chance it gets approved.

Email bounces back "undeliverab;e", and that's using the email address from their own website.

Thanks