Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

39 minutes ago, treetops said:

Those on the "One Stop Service" all use it (as indicated above).  I believe the service is linked to specific visa types - you would know if you were on it.

That is very true, but then a 90 day report should be able to be done at any IO office within the Area you live in here in Bangkok.  Forcing all to one location is just ludicrous. My GF has the same exact 90 day reporting date, but has to go to one of 2 locations designed for the Myanmar Nationals, and I have to go to MTT, that's why I have done mine on-line in the past so we are not spending the entire day running around from home to Imperial World Lat Prao to MTT and then home to the Sathon Area.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

April 20th for me. Could it possibly take another month?

Lets hope when "it" is up again, that they haven't "lost" the database.  ????

Once upon a time one could hope, but then hope was removed when .......well you get the point.  It has been down for an extended period of time this time.  I know they were trying to also add the ability for the migrant workers to use the on-line system as well.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

I know they were trying to also add the ability for the migrant workers to use the on-line system as well.

I didn't know that. The only time I made a major protocol change to a system that many customers used, my company set up a "test" system in parallel to the old working system so that the new system could be tested with real customers and deal with their problems.

The only problem we had was that one customer noticed that a "blank line" was not a "carriage return, line feed" but a "line feed, carriage return" and messed up their timings.  

46 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

April 20th for me. Could it possibly take another month?

Lets hope when "it" is up again, that they haven't "lost" the database.  ????

It is not the database that IB lost, it is 'the plot' that they have lost.

The main site is back again 16:26, but 90-day reporting still doesn't work.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Yes; was there last Thursday.

This is what I mean about misinformation and disinformation by the IB. Now there are 3 locations, CW, MTT, CC that are supposed to permit 90-day reporting.

IB needs some adults to fix their chaos.

And, for the doubters, the main website still nominates CW for 90-day reporting in person.

This is the text from their main website:

"Offices accepting notification:
1. Immigration Division1 Office, The Government Complex,Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi ,Bangkok
2. One Stop Center for Visa and Work Permits located at Chamchuri Square Buliding , Floor 18, Phayathai Rd. Phatumwan, Bangkok (Only the specific law)
3. Services are provided only to foreigners who have already submitted an application for temporary stay in the kingdom of thailand.
4. Immigration Service Center for 3 National Legalized Labors ( Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia) at Major Hollywood Suksawat or Imperial World Ladprao
5. Only special Labor of three Nationalities Loas , Cambodia and Mynmar residing in Bangkok.
6. Immigration offices throughout the country"

Edited by Advocate

I guess, if the system is fully-functional and works for EVERYONE, all the time, and the annoying bugs (re-entry, new passport, first report after extension, etc.) are resolved upon re-start, I'll be satisfied. So I don't mind waiting a bit longer.

I'm hoping for the best.

Hopefully there isn't some new requirement to report in person before being able to use the NEW on-line reporting system.

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Hopefully there isn't some new requirement to report in person before being able to use the NEW on-line reporting system.

I don't think there will be any changes.

The last time they took down the extranet for several months was for security reasons and their were no changes done then.

17 hours ago, Advocate said:

You evidently consider acceptance of defective and incompetent service as your duty for choosing to live in Thailand. Such attitudes are why the service doesn't improve.

I have been here 17 years and in that time the service has not improved. Waiting time is still the biggest problem.

Online services have been unreliable at best.

You could have continued to enjoy the rights and privileges of citizenship in your home country, but instead you decided to accept guaranteed-to-be-inferior alien status in Thailand.  You must also have realized that the functioning of government in a country like Thailand, with a per capita GDP of $7,800, could not be equal to the equivalent functions in your country of origin whose per capita GDP is probably around $50,000.

Thailand should prioritize improving vital services for its citizens, who are important, over those for us aliens, who are not important to the country.

Even so, the TM did substantially improve the 90 day reporting requirement by enabling online access even it does not provide 99.999% uptime.

So, I don't think you and I have been hard done by.  When the disadvantages outweigh the advantages we will both move.  But here we are still.

25 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

You could have continued to enjoy the rights and privileges of citizenship in your home country, but instead you decided to accept guaranteed-to-be-inferior alien status in Thailand.  You must also have realized that the functioning of government in a country like Thailand, with a per capita GDP of $7,800, could not be equal to the equivalent functions in your country of origin whose per capita GDP is probably around $50,000.

Thailand should prioritize improving vital services for its citizens, who are important, over those for us aliens, who are not important to the country.

Even so, the TM did substantially improve the 90 day reporting requirement by enabling online access even it does not provide 99.999% uptime.

So, I don't think you and I have been hard done by.  When the disadvantages outweigh the advantages we will both move.  But here we are still.

Thailand's vital services health, banking, business and retail work just fine.

The Immigration Bureau doesn't work just fine because they have a captive, compliant clientele and no competition. The IB makes more money from its current MO than by being efficient and customer oriented.

The IB has no interest in improving it's service because that would mean a smaller more productive workforce which would mean less power and less remuneration for the managers.

There are many on this forum who are apologists and enablers for the IB because they seek to trivialize and rationalize poor performance.

Edited by Advocate
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Advocate said:

Thailand's vital services health, banking, business and retail work just fine.

The Immigration Bureau doesn't work just fine because they have a captive, compliant clientele and no competition. The IB makes more money from its current MO than by being efficient and customer oriented.

The IB has no interest in improving it's service because that would mean a smaller more productive workforce which would mean less power and less remuneration for the managers.

There are many on this forum who are apologists and enablers for the IB because they seek to trivialize and rationalize poor performance.

Beats me how someone can so misconstrue the situation into which he has voluntarily placed himself.  We are not the "customers" of Immigration.  We are a problem that Immigration is managing, not some captive client base.  But we are not a very big problem, so the limited resources of the Thai government mostly go elsewhere.

Why is it that I didn't see you list Thai education among the vital government services that are "just fine?"  How "fine" is law enforcement?  How about the judicial system or the national legislature?  Fine all around then?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cmarshall said:

Beats me how someone can so misconstrue the situation into which he has voluntarily placed himself.  We are not the "customers" of Immigration.  We are a problem that Immigration is managing, not some captive client base.  But we are not a very big problem, so the limited resources of the Thai government mostly go elsewhere.

Why is it that I didn't see you list Thai education among the vital government services that are "just fine?"  How "fine" is law enforcement?  How about the judicial system or the national legislature?  Fine all around then?

You may see yourself as a "problem" of the Thai government, but I don't view myself in that way.

I am married to a Thai and she obtained permanent residence of my home country on entry and citizenship of my home country a 2 years after becoming a permanent resident. Such things are much more difficult for spouses of Thais in Thailand.

The Thai Immigration Bureau makes a lot of money from providing services to visa holders and they do absolutely nothing out of kindness. The annual visa fee for each applicant is more than the IB officer considering the application makes in a day. The extension of visas is very profitable for the IB.

Visitors and long stay visa holders are permitted into the country because they spend money in Thailand. Such people are not a "problem" as Cmarshall views itself.

Edited by Advocate

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

An annual extension costs 1,900 baht. 233,750 baht will cover your extension fees to remain in Thailand for 123 years.

You haven't taken into consideration the 400,000 or 800,000 baht that we have to leave in the bank .

3 minutes ago, NE1 said:

You haven't taken into consideration the 400,000 or 800,000 baht that we have to leave in the bank .

I didn't take into consideration the £18,600 you must earn in the UK each year either.

Purely the cost of Immigration fees.                                                                                    

You can't compare the cost of living or differences in Immigration policies to that of your home Country when you choose to live in a foreign Country is the point.

• Like 2

20210317 90-day online reporting still not working.

it is evidently a ploy by the IB to deliberately prevent online reporting. Otherwise why would they set up a temporary 90-day reporting office at MTT at the same time the online reporting was not working?

Edited by Advocate
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Advocate said:

it is evidently a ploy by the IB to deliberately prevent online reporting. Otherwise why would they set up a temporary 90-day reporting office at MTT at the same time the online reporting was not working?

The temporary office has been open since July of last year.

I think that whole complex at MTT is destined to be a new RTP "campus". Not just Immigration.

The movement of some services from CW to MTT seemed to be prompted mostly by Covid, and the need for social distancing.

We report our address via a TM6, TM28, TM30, TM7, TM8, and of course via a TM47. Could be every TM form for all I know?

The TM47 is really just a by-product of the law, which required 90-day reporting as of what, 1979? Doubt anyone now knows why that was a thing? Maybe when they had a few thousand bag-packers it seemed like a god idea?

That they let 3rd parties report for us just illustrates how little they are concerened about fraud, and just go along with the bureaucratic trudge.

Even at the height to the TM30 kerfuffle, senior immigration officals seemed aghast when someone questioned the need to 90-day reporting (and enforcement of the TM30 regulations). The senior-most chap was flummoxed and sputtered that "it was the law".

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I think that whole complex at MTT is destined to be a new RTP "campus". Not just Immigration.

The movement of some services from CW to MTT seemed to be prompted mostly by Covid, and the need for social distancing.

We report our address via a TM6, TM28, TM30, TM7, TM8, and of course via a TM47. Could be every TM form for all I know?

The TM47 is really just a by-product of the law, which required 90-day reporting as of what, 1979? Doubt anyone now knows why that was a thing? Maybe when they had a few thousand bag-packers it seemed like a god idea?

That they let 3rd parties report for us just illustrates how little they are concerened about fraud, and just go along with the bureaucratic trudge.

Even at the height to the TM30 kerfuffle, senior immigration officals seemed aghast when someone questioned the need to 90-day reporting (and enforcement of the TM30 regulations). The senior-most chap was flummoxed and sputtered that "it was the law".

If the IB was really concerned about Covid19 they would make sure the 90-day online reporting works.

The need for 90-day reporting is unjustifiable. The only excuse they now have is that they would have to fire a bunch of people if they canceled 90-day reporting.

• Like 1

Just now, Advocate said:

I was at CW in September 2020 for annual visa extension and people were still doing 90-day reporting in-person there.

I think the were doing something else not 90 day reports.

The announcement of it opening on July 13th is here. https://bangkokimmigration.com/2020/07/03/ประชาสัมพันธ์ย้ายเคาน์/

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 4:50 PM, up-country_sinclair said:

You lot realize that you emigrated to Thailand and not Singapore, right?

They might get the website sorted soon.  And they might not.  But they probably will eventually.

Same as it ever was.

Ah,  love the defeatist attitude.

Wife  called CW Immigration   this  morning 17th March on 3  numbers on their site . no answer, she wants to post them someTM30 papers for  3 of  her  customers and dint know/couldn't find where to send them, however she finally finds an old private   phone number of someone there at  immigration (from years  ago in her phone) who had  a  quite a high position and got the address to post them to FINALLY.

Whilst on she asked them when the  website  will be working again, they don't  know, they have no idea.

Anyway postal address is  

From/จาก                
  YOUR ADDRESS             

กรุณาส่ง /To     
            งานแจ้งที่พักอาศัยบุคคลต่างด้าว  (TM.30) 
            กองกำกับการ 2 กองบังคับการตรวจคนเข้าเมือง 1
          สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง
            ศูนย์ราชการเฉลิมพระเกียรติ 80 พรรษา
            เลขที่ 120 หมู่ 3 ถนนแจ้งวัฒนะ ซอย 7
            แขวงทุ่งสองห้อง เขตหลักสี่ กรุงเทพมหานคร

From/จาก งานแจ้งที่พักอาศัยบุคคลต่างด้าว  (TM.30) Immigration        
  กองกำกับการ 2 กองบังคับการตรวจคนเข้าเมือง        
  1 สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง            
  ศูนย์ราชการเฉลิมพระเกียรติ 80 พรรษา          
  เลขที่ 120 หมู่ 3 ถนนแจ้งวัฒนะ ซอย 7          
  แขวงทุ่งสองห้อง เขตหลักสี่ กรุงเทพมหานคร        
  10210     กรุณาส่ง /To