Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

2 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Ah,  love the defeatist attitude

Defeatist?  Perhaps, but I don't think so.

I prefer to see it as pragmatic.

People on this thread emigrated to Thailand.  Not Germany or Singapore. 

I'm relatively confident that the immigration websites in those countries are up and running today.

This is Thailand.  They'll get it up and running eventually.

On 3/16/2021 at 9:29 AM, Advocate said:

20210316 90-day online reporting still not working.

90-day reporting serves no useful purpose and no developed country requires such.

I don't believe that the IB make any use of the 90-day report information other than stacking warehouses full of multiple copies of documents that are submitted by mail and in person.

Actually, they can make 2,000 baht from late reports. Its easy source of income. ????

I keep asking.  The only penalty for not reporting is a 2000 baht fine?

I know this may be a large sum for some and respect the concern.  As for me, if the risk is 2k, I would skip reporting occasionally.  

Edited by atpeace
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, atpeace said:

The only penalty for not reporting is a 2000 baht fine?

That is the standard fine charged. But the maximum is 5,000 baht.

If they wanted to the could fine you up to the maximum.

• Like 2

I travel throughout the year and currently on a 5 month trip throughout Thailand.  90 day reports of late are extremely inconvenient.  Are there visa service agencies in Pattaya that can do it for you when out of the province where you report?

6 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

How much does the agents charge for a 90 days report?

All over the map.

Some include this in their overall package, which includes getting the extension.

Seen reports here of 500 to 2,000 baht.

I've also seen runners at CW, when 90-day reports were done there, carrying stacks of passports. Also seen motorbike taxi drivers with a single passport. All in the 90-day report room.

copy and paste:

90 day report agent site:thaivisa.com

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Advocate said:

90-day reporting serves no useful purpose and is not a requirement in any developed country.

The requirement for 90-day reporting is bogus and is an act of harassment against foreigners.

The only way it can be dropped is if the parliament amended or rewrote the immigration act of 1979. Apparently there has been no desire to do it in the 42 years since it was written.

It is in section 37 (5) of the act. Download: Immigration Act 2522 en - immigration.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But like other laws it could be ignored - as it was for the first several decades it was on the books - covid could easily be used as a reason to stop this needless contact requirement.

The did do a amnesty for doing them in April of last year until the end of October. But even then some offices were still saying they were needed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The did do a amnesty for doing them in April of last year until the end of October. But even then some offices were still saying they were needed.

And those that took advantage of the amnesty in Bangkok then required to report in person at MTT if still here 90 days later (no mail allowed).

Who can provide a rational reason for the 90-day reporting requirement?

The appearance of this requirement in an act of parliament in 1979 [2522] is not a rational reason. For a long time it was not enforced. I was in Thailand 1984-85 and it was not compelled at that time. During my recent tenure I was not reporting in years 2003-2004. It appears to have been reinstated around 2005.

I have just received my Receipt of Notification in the post,90 days,

on the bottom they have stamped in very small letters  the

following...  Pibics (service), in Thai, )22 Feb - 22 March. 

I just Googled Pibics , and its Thai blacklist identification.

I have never seen this before,does it mean they have

checked to see if I am on a Blacklist, or is it something else ?. thanks.

regards Worgeordie

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Got mine via personal visit 23 Feb, nothing like that on my receipt, front or back.

Intriguing.

What you been up to? or shouldn't I ask

19 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Only a guess but might be to indicate it was entered into a backup database due to the 90 day reporting outage that began in mid-Feb.  Maybe we can hope normal reporting will/might/could be restored next week? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Got mine via personal visit 23 Feb, nothing like that on my receipt, front or back.

Intriguing.

What you been up to? or shouldn't I ask

Don't ask.....keeping an eye out for the smart BMW.????

regards worgeordie

• Haha 1

hi , since the website is still down i have some questions if someone recently walk to building B CW 

is everything the same ? can i just walk and do my report as usual without any online appointment?

do i need any extra document?

thanks

Edited by sadeghsep

17 minutes ago, sadeghsep said:

hi , since the website is still down i have some questions if someone recently walk to building B CW 

is everything the same ? can i just walk and do my report as usual without any online appointment?

do i need any extra document?

thanks

You did get the memo?  90 day reports in person are done at Muang Thong Thani - not at CW.  Yes you can do without appointment - the 2nds floor parking lot is arranged with chairs to wait your turn.  I would have copy of passport as well as the tm47 in case local computers are down but do not believe normally required.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?avada_portfolio=immigration-division-1-90-days-notification-notification-of-residence-for-foreigners-short-stay-visa-move-to-muang-thong

https://goo.gl/maps/PCmB2MnGAD5h5aGu9

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

You did get the memo?  90 day reports in person are done at Muang Thong Thani - not at CW.  Yes you can do without appointment - the 2nds floor parking lot is arranged with chairs to wait your turn.  I would have copy of passport as well as the tm47 in case local computers are down but do not believe normally required.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?avada_portfolio=immigration-division-1-90-days-notification-notification-of-residence-for-foreigners-short-stay-visa-move-to-muang-thong

https://goo.gl/maps/PCmB2MnGAD5h5aGu9

thanks

yes i have all my past online reports and in person report as well 

, do you know how i get there ?

is there any special bus like 166 for cw ?

On 3/17/2021 at 5:56 PM, RBOP said:

Actually, they can make 2,000 baht from late reports. Its easy source of income. ????

Funny  you mention that but today Wife  received  a  call from another agent stating  Immigration are  now back doing  what they were doing over a year ago when the last tm30 debacle surfaced, they are sitting in Condo Lobbies  stopping  all foreigners to see if  they have tm30 or  not then fining  them. Do'n t  know if anyone else  has reported this yet or  not but was  happening in Sukhumvit 12 ish area.

• Confused 1