Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

11 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Well maybe they need to hire new IT people. 

That may be the problem?

They've hired too many firms, people over the years. 

I mean the Bangkok Imm. appt rez system was developed by Bizpotential  https://www.bizpotential.com/

so emails confirming the appointments come from [email protected], which sounds like some vertical marketing scheme, and get dropped into the Spam folder.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think that is form he was trying to use. The document file do not work well with all programs and causes the alignment problem he had.

Suspect you are right - I use a Word program and works fine in that but remember often having issues when using Word forms with other programs.

• Like 1

Notice :
– Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

Mine is due on 19th of April.

What does mean "at least"?

Within 15 days of expiry or min 15 days before?

Just now, AlfHuy said:

Notice :
– Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

15 or more - but in practice they will normally process if received 7 days prior but notate to mail earlier next time.

1 minute ago, AlfHuy said:

Notice :

The official rules state the mailed report can be done 15 days before and must be received prior to 7 days before the report date. Bangkok immigration is only one that wants it be to mailed 15 day before or earlier but they will still process it and send you a note to it earlier next time.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The official rules state the mailed report can be done 15 days before and must be received prior to 7 days before the report date. Bangkok immigration is only one that wants it be to mailed 15 day before or earlier but they will still process it and send you a note to it earlier next time.

Well, they should fix their online reporting system.

Nobody knows that this is not working when you usually do it online.

Is that the address?

Need a second envelope just to write the address ????

90 Days Report Section Immigration Division 1 , Immigration Bureau, Chalermprakiat Government Complex B Building120 Moo 3 , Chaengwattana Rd., Soi 7, Toongsonghong, Laksi, Bangkok. 10210

1 minute ago, elfpattaya said:

Can somebody give me one good reason WHY Immigration insist foreigners have to do a report every 90 days? I haven't moved in 8 years.

It is requirement that is in the immigration act of 1979 that has not been changed since it was issued.

It seems there has been no political will to amend it by the parliament.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Is that the address?

Yes if you are living in Bangkok and that is the office your report to.

You need one envelope to mail it to them and a self addressed return envelope with postage stamps on it for the receipt to mailed to you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Is that the address?

Need a second envelope just to write the address ????

90 Days Report Section Immigration Division 1 , Immigration Bureau, Chalermprakiat Government Complex B Building120 Moo 3 , Chaengwattana Rd., Soi 7, Toongsonghong, Laksi, Bangkok. 10210

And that is much easier using a printer.  Don't forget you need your return and then do again from the reply envelope in reverse.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

That may be the problem?

They've hired too many firms, people over the years. 

I mean the Bangkok Imm. appt rez system was developed by Bizpotential  https://www.bizpotential.com/

so emails confirming the appointments come from [email protected], which sounds like some vertical marketing scheme, and get dropped into the Spam folder.

LOL.  You'd think Imm would consider their site important enough to have in-house staff capable of managing it themselves.  I guess not. 

You'd think that if they are going to use an out-of house firm, they'd at least pick one with the ability mange the site professionally, and to use English properly on the site (considering that the Imm website is mostly used by people who are fluent in English).  Bizpotential's website clearly shows they are not fluent in English AT ALL!

Whoever is in charge, for them to let a site be offline for this amount of time is simply unacceptable.  What a joke, but I guess the joke is on all of us expats!

Edited by WaveHunter

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

LOL.  You'd think Imm would consider their site important enough to have in-house staff capable of managing it themselves.  I guess not. 

You'd think that if they are going to use an out-of house firm, they'd at least pick one with the ability mange the site professionally, and to use English properly on the site (considering that the Imm website is mostly used by people who are fluent in English).  Bizpotential's website clearly shows they are not fluent in English AT ALL!

Whoever is in charge, for them to let a site be offline for this amount of time is simply unacceptable.  What a joke, but I guess the joke is on all of us expats!

Maybe they should get whoever designed the last NHS effort to do it.  Oh....

PH

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Well, April 1st came and went and (surprise, surprise!) extranet.immigration.go.th is still offline LOL.

I'm heading to Imm office with paper in hand to get this over with.  I wonder if I'll be doing the same 90 days from today ????

Used the drive in at Chiang Mai this morning. In and out in 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Suspect you are right - I use a Word program and works fine in that but remember often having issues when using Word forms with other programs.

Just checked and .doc TM47 prints fine using LibreOffice software.  Not good using Apache OpenOffice.

Well, in IT, when your certificate/online server is down, there is always a bypass ... it can be slower, but better than nothing ...

Your online system is down ? So you need to come into the office, and for the most easy places, to just show you passport and maybe old 90days report + form...

In emergency cases like this, you could open a big inbox (or one per province/office), and ask the foreigner to send scan of last report and passport 1st page. Process could be :

Read the mail / check and register it in your local system / print the new receipt to PDF / attach it to the mail answer / SEND. Archive the mail in case any problem later.

You don't really need to people to queue in your office.

My 2 cents...

Slower ... but better than nothing.

Good luck ... it is surely a difficult time, for all.

3 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Retour envelope with 10Baht stamp affixed.

Is this enough?

That is the stated requirement - should not need more than 3 baht for PO as they stopped returning document sets few months ago.

That's what they call "safe the planet".

They want to have 1,000.000 electric cars on the road by 2030 but waste paper like crazy.

This 90day reporting by post means:

2 envelopes

7 copies

They must have an airport full with photocopies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

That's what they call "safe the planet".

They want to have 1,000.000 electric cars on the road by 2030 but waste paper like crazy.

This 90day reporting by post means:

2 envelopes

7 copies

They must have an airport full with photocopies.

They send the photocopies back in the return envelope...I save them for next time or use for scratch paper.

2 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

They send the photocopies back in the return envelope...I save them for next time or use for scratch paper.

Do they still do that?  Two times I used last year Bangkok only returned the receipt.

3 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

What, if they never send you the slip back which has to be in your passport.

I was at MTT this morning and was a bit apprehensive because I'd forgotten to print out or save the next appointment slip. Fortunately, I'd saved the original file noting 'Pending' and also printed out the confirmation email, and this was accepted. So I think as long as you have evidence that it was sent and received, you'll be OK.

I'd made an online appointment but the officer on the walk-in queue number desk seemed to be having a bad day. She was telling one guy, Korean I think, that with no previous 90-day slip he would either have to go home and find it or else go and get a police report that he'd lost it. She took back the queue card that she'd already handed to him. Glad I was able to skirt round her - all the other officers were fairly bright and friendly.

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1

Be advised that if you have gone past your 90 day report date you need to file a new TM30 before you can do 90 day and you can't renew extension without current 90 day. If you have receipts for postage in good time the experience posted on this board seemingly suggests they accept that.

5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, your local Imm Office can ask to see the TM-30 notification of your address being located in their province.  Normally they would not do that, as it actually only proves their own chaotic administration when they need to ask for that.

A 90-day report is nothing more than a confirmation that the address where you are living in their province has not changed.  So without a TM-30 being filed (notification that that is your official address for Immigration purposes) your 90-day report cannot be approved.

Note: Your 'last' TM-30 report is not the one filed by a Hotel, guesthouse when you made a trip, but is the one that you filed in person at your local Imm Office when relocating there (and which was confirmed as not having changed by your subsequent 90-day reports).  Since June 2020 there is no need anymore to notify your local Imm Office that you have come back from an inter-provincial or even international trip when you go back to your 'official address for immigration purposes' in the province where you are staying.  Your filed TM30 will stay valid as long as your permission to stay is kept alive (including its extension or when using a Re-Entry Permit).  So it is only when exiting Thailand and entering on a new Visa, that you would need to file a TM-30 again (and of course also if your are relocating to a new address in your own or a different province).

Surely it's the TM28 to notify a new address, not the TM30?

1 hour ago, AlfHuy said:

Retour envelope with 10Baht stamp affixed.

Is this enough?

Might be better to do it in person if extension renewal date is end May.

Currently it is taking one calendar month to get back 90 day notification. If you post it you are reliant on Imm accepting your receipts of postage. That said, If you have receipts for postage in good time the experience posted on this board seemingly suggests they accept that.

Edited by mokwit

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Be advised that if you have gone past your 90 day report date you need to file a new TM30 before you can do 90 day and you can't renew extension without current 90 day.

At most offices a TM30 report is not needed for any 90 day report. Same if you are late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ubonjoe said:

At most offices a TM30 report is not needed for any 90 day report. Same if you are late.

This was as it was told to me by an agent dealing with CW. Said because she would be filing a fresh 90 day despite proof of posting*, and it was past the date, she would need TM30 filing docs.

*Seems chasing up 90 day reports with posting evidence cannot be accommodated by the agent "system"