Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

6 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Surely it's the TM28 to notify a new address, not the TM30?

No, at large majority of Imm Offices a TM-30 is the form to be used when notifying them that you have relocated to an address inside their province.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Why didn't you print out your online report receipt and put it in your passport.

i have gotten instant approvals for the 2 I have been able to do and there was no email for them. I have the receipt for the one I did in January that ends today stapled in my passport. No problem when it is done at immigration on Wednesday.

I did print it out, but I submitted that copy for my extension. I should of course have made an extra copy, but who would have thought immigration would have a month long melt down.

It has worked so smoothly for for so long.

2 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I did print it out, but I submitted that copy for my extension. I should of course have made an extra copy, but who would have thought immigration would have a month long melt down.

Start scanning your copies into your computer or save them onto a thumb drive.  You never know when you might need them.  You can also take photos of them and save them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Start scanning your copies into your computer or save them onto a thumb drive. 

I saved the PDF files from the online site to my computer so I can print them out if needed.

I save them and then printed out the receipt later.

• Like 2

FYI, I decided to just forget about online reporting and went in to ChonBuri Imm today to do it in person. 

I was in and out in less than 5 minutes!  Maybe it's just my imagination but the staff there have become really friendly and efficient compared with previous encounters I've had with IMM in the past.

BTW, I went in towards the end of the day (arrived at 1530) and I think that's a pretty good time to go, compared with earlier in the day, especially early morning when I think most people shoot for.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention.  I was surprised that the Imm officer didn't even keep my TM47 form, handing it back to me after she inputted some of the information into her computer.  In and out in minutes!  I wish more procedures at IMM were this simple and straightforward (as they should be). ????

One other bit of advice...I think it's a good idea to use a PDF version of IMM forms with fillable fields (like @ubonjoe provided a link to earlier in this thread) and type in your information into those fields (as opposed to writing it in by hand). 

It makes the IMM officer's task of reading it a lot easier, thus making the whole experience of your trip to the IMM office a lot more friendly and efficient for the IMM officer, and for you!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I think it's a good idea to use a PDF version of IMM forms with fillable fields

Yup.

Most have been doing this for quite a while.

For the TM47 just leave the date field blank, and then reuse every 90 days.

Same, same for all the forms: TM7, TM8 (some changes, like "Age"), +3 docs (STM2, et al).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The notification plainly says to staple it in there.  I think the reason you're supposed to staple it in your passport is because

without it in there, your visa is technically invalid.

If you ever had to present your passport (like at the airport, to a cop, at the bank, a hotel, or wherever) that could easily ruin your day.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Where are you getting that from?

Mostly from simple common sense.  If you have no way to prove you have reported in a timely manner, then technically you could be considered overdue in notification by an authority figure and therefore violating the law, until you can prove otherwise,

I mean, it says right on the notification receipt, "KEEP IN PASSPORT". They have reason for stating that!

1790075508_snapshot_2021-04-06at2_20_09PM.jpg.8e0c0cacccf8844c41dd14d9712267be.jpg

I'm not saying the chances are high that you will have an issue, but is it really worth taking a chance of running into a cop or security agent who's having a bad day and decides to take it out on you with a fine for up to 5000 Baht? 

It's not at all uncommon for some cops to add to their "retirement fund" by hassling an expat or tourist over some petty little thing like this, ya know?

Why take a chance when stapling it in the passport is such a simple thing to do?

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Mostly from simple common sense.  If you have no way to prove you have reported in a timely manner, then technically you could be considered overdue in notification by an authority figure and therefore violating the law, until you can prove otherwise,

So you carry your passport on your person all the time?  I literally know no-one who does that.  Many, like me,will take a photo of the relevant pages, including the latest 90 day, and store these ont their phone, which they pretty much DO have with them when out.

Add to that, I have never (except in the bank, where they do require to photocopy your passport, though GOKW), when asked for "passport" and showing my Thai DL been required to actually show my passport. 

PH

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 10:57 AM, Advocate said:

20210331 90-day online reporting still not working.

It is evidently not a maintenance issue but some other devious ploy to harass foreigners.

90-day reporting by mail is also not working and receipts are not being sent to applicants by return mail. This is another devious ploy by IB to harass foreigners.

I believe the new offices the IB are opening for 90-day report are a permanent change designed to as a devious ploy to harass foreigners and to benefit providers of immigration services to foreigners.

2 weeks ago mailed 90 report into Chiang Mai Immigration,confirmation

returned 6 days later.. the problem with the online reporting site has

something to do with the security certificate ,and they don't seem to 

want to renew it.too expensive, too lazy, but in time of  Covid you would

think they would want to keep people having to turn up to report ,TIT

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

So you carry your passport on your person all the time?  I literally know no-one who does that.  Many, like me,will take a photo of the relevant pages, including the latest 90 day, and store these ont their phone, which they pretty much DO have with them when out.

Add to that, I have never (except in the bank, where they do require to photocopy your passport, though GOKW), when asked for "passport" and showing my Thai DL been required to actually show my passport. 

PH

Obviously I don't carry it all the time either, and just like you I carry a photocopy (along with page with the notification) on the same copy.  When I know I will be asked for a passport like at the airport, just as obviously I do carry the original, and the notification receipt makes it complete.  Without it, it is not.  It's that simple really.

All I was saying is that stapling the receipt in your passport is such a simple thing, why would anyone not do it?

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

All I was saying is that stapling the receipt in your passport is such a simple thing, why would anyone not do it?

Because my passport pages have endless holes already from stapling such things into it. 

Edited by Oldie

2 hours ago, Phulublub said:

PH

I have by three handgun armed Immigration Officers, who came out of a hotel, when I was walking past.

I offered them initially a photocopy of passport face page and latest extension stamp (with TM6 Departure Card ID annotated), then I offered up my Thai Driving License and Pink Thai ID Card, which was waved away with "means nothing to us".

When I couldn't produce the passport there and then, because it was at home 9 km away, I was informed in no uncertain terms that it was an Immigration Requirement to carry your passport at all times, when away from your house, when I stated the Head of the RTP in Bangkok stated we did not need to so long as we have a copy of our passport on us, the reply was OK for police not for Immigration.

Yes, they were Immigration Officers, I recognized one of them from the local office, and they were wearing ID as such, and there was no attempt at a shake-down, just a severe warning.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I have by three handgun armed Immigration Officers, who came out of a hotel, when I was walking past.

I offered them initially a photocopy of passport face page and latest extension stamp (with TM6 Departure Card ID annotated), then I offered up my Thai Driving License and Pink Thai ID Card, which was waved away with "means nothing to us".

When I couldn't produce the passport there and then, because it was at home 9 km away, I was informed in no uncertain terms that it was an Immigration Requirement to carry your passport at all times, when away from your house, when I stated the Head of the RTP in Bangkok stated we did not need to so long as we have a copy of our passport on us, the reply was OK for police not for Immigration.

Yes, they were Immigration Officers, I recognized one of them from the local office, and they were wearing ID as such, and there was no attempt at a shake-down, just a severe warning.

yet another good reason to stay clear of Bangkok. The Police don't know or care about their own rules, or indeed about the law, of which they know little to nothing.   The RTP, especially in Bangkok,  are a National disgrace

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Then lose your passport and enjoy getting a new one with all the visa and other information in it... 

17 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

yet another good reason to stay clear of Bangkok. The Police don't know or care about their own rules, or indeed about the law, of which they know little to nothing.   The RTP, especially in Bangkok,  are a National disgrace

Guess who was not in Bangkok but in Phetchabun, many hundreds of km north.

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

Because my passport pages have endless holes already from stapling such things into it. 

How many endless things do you staple into your passport?

I don't think that your passport becomes invalid because of the number of holes in the pages. Perhaps I'm just naive,

On 4/5/2021 at 3:55 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

When I visit Immigration whether it be for my extension, a re-entry permit, a proof of address or 90 day report I take my old work briefcase (long time retired now) which contains documents and multiple copies of such for the last God knows how many years. If the document that Immigration requires is not in that case, it does not exist.

Edited by Yorkie
  • Like 1