Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

12 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

and type in your information into those fields (as opposed to writing it in by hand). 

Last advice from Phetchabun Immigration Office all forms must be completed by hand and in blue ink, not tried since but it's still the same personnel so wouldn't expect any change.

Is the online 90 day reporting Extranet website and the Section 38 mobile app both offline at the moment or is it just perhaps my faulty internet connection preventing me from being able to gain access? Cheers.

34 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Is the online 90 day reporting Extranet website and the Section 38 mobile app both offline at the moment or is it just perhaps my faulty internet connection preventing me from being able to gain access? Cheers.

Immigrations extranet has been down since February 17th. The app connects to it so it is also down.

G0 back ot the last few pages of this topic for more info.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

My Visa was invalid as soon as I entered Thailand 8 years ago and used the only entry it permitted.

Yes, because you need to take your Passport to Immigration and a reminder of your next due report date.

Fool you if you paid such.

There is no penalty for not carrying a TM47 receipt either in your Passport or on your person at any time. It's only a 2,000 baht fine for not submitting your 90 day report.

Why do you feel the need for a pointless, illogical, and untrue reply on this subject?  There is a valid reason for 90 day reporting and it is to allow IMM to keep tabs on the location of foreigners within the Kingdom.  It's a legitimate thing for them to do. 

Being overdue in reporting your location every 90 days is a violation of the law, punishable by a fine of up to 5,000 baht! (not 2,000 baht as you incorrectly state)  It is printed right on your recept!

667749981_snapshot_2021-04-07at7_33_43AM.jpg.31aad81166d079bf06702a8b1907f4fe.jpg

The receipt belongs in your passport, not just for your visit to IMM on the next renewal date, but as proof that your current location is valid to any authorized authority that requests your passport and needs to verify your current address (i.e.: the police).

Why not just agree that you should follow the rules when you are a guest in a foreign country instead of posting such nonsense?

Edited by WaveHunter

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigrations extranet has been down since February 17th. The app connects to it so it is also down.

G0 back ot the last few pages of this topic for more info.

From page 201 onwards.  A major issue for many people.

3 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Being overdue in reporting your location every 90 days is a violation of the law, punishable by a fine of up to 5,000 baht! (not 2,000 baht as you incorrectly state)  It is printed right on your recept!

It is standard fine of 2000 baht for late reporting. One day late is the same as being a year late.

"If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected."

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

I don't recall anybody ever being fined the 5000 baht maximum.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Why do you feel the need for a pointless pissing match on this subject? 

There is a valid reason for 90 day reporting and it is to allow IMM to keep tabs on the location of foreigners within the Kingdom.  It's a legitimate thing for them to do. 

667749981_snapshot_2021-04-07at7_33_43AM.jpg.31aad81166d079bf06702a8b1907f4fe.jpg

Why not just agree that you should follow the rules when you are a guest in a foreign country instead of posting such nonsense?

First the fine is 2,000 baht for late reporting - the max would be 5,000 for refusal to report.  Have yet to see anyone getting that fine.

Second there is absolutely no reason for 90 day reporting in this day and age.  That it is an old law is true - but old laws are often not enforced.  Address change is reported when we take residence at a new location and on annual extensions of stay - that should be all that is required.  

You stated an opinion as the law (invalid visa without 90 day stay receipt in passport) - please do not blame others for taking issue with that.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is standard fine of 2000 baht for late reporting. One day late is the same as being a year late.

"If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected."

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

I don't recall anybody ever being fined the 5000 baht maximum.

...then why is it printed on the receipt that the fine is up to 5,000 baht?

214187672_snapshot_2021-04-07at7_33_43AM.jpg.c58f6eb511ec8435c3cad77bed56d0a7.jpg

You did not quote the entire official government description on fines.  If a person is arrested and found not to have updated his address through 90 day reporting, the fine is 4,000 baht.  The law indeed states that a fine can be up to 5,000 baht.  With all due respect, whether or not anyone has actually been fined the maximum amount is irrelevant.  The law is the law.

My point was simply that there is a valid reason for the government to request regular updating of a foreigners address and the receipt belongs in your passport.

Edited by WaveHunter

15 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

From page 201 onwards.  A major issue for many people.

Not so much a big issue for me. My report was due on Monday so I tried again on Monday. 

A completed TM47 form and my passport is on the way to immigration now. My wife is taking care of it for me. She has done it many times over the years until after trying for 5 and half years I was able to do it online for the first time last October.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

then why is it printed on the receipt that the fine is up to 5,000 baht?

I assume they want people to be aware that the fine can be up to the maximum of 5,000 baht.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not so much a big issue. My report was due on Monday so I tried again on Monday. 

A completed TM47 form and my passport is on the way to immigration now. My wife is taking care of it for me. She has done it many times over the years until after trying for 5 and half years I was able to do it online for the first time last October.

But not all have the wife option.  ????

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume they want people to be aware that the fine can be up to the maximum of 5,000 baht.

The point however is that the receipt belongs in your passport as it plainly states so that all authorized authorities who request your passport such as the police have a quick and valid way to be sure that your current address is valid. 

That certainly does not seem unreasonable to me considering that stapling or taping the receipt in the  back of your passport is a pretty easy thing to do.

Edited by WaveHunter

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

The point however is that the receipt belongs in your passport as it plainly states so that all authorized authorities who request your passport such as the police have a quick and valid way to be sure that your current address is valid. 

I have never had anybody looking for or at the report receipt in passport. Only immigration at an office has looked at it when I was doing something there.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have never had anybody looking for or at the report receipt in passport. Only immigration at an office has looked at it when I was doing something there.

Everytime I have been at the airport I have watched security flipping through my entire passport, looking at all attachments (and that includes unfolding the 90 day receipt and looking at it).

I'm fairly certain that if I were ever stopped by police and they needed to verify a valid local address, they would look at it as well.

My point is simply that the official receipt is an easy way for authorities to determine that your current address is valid.  Keep in mind that it is an official document, not simply a reminder of your next due date.

Without it, say you are stopped by police and they want to verify your current address is valid and on file, and their computer is down, you may be detained until they can verify it.  Why take that chance of a major inconvenience, when it is such a simple thing to just have a current receipt in your passport?

Edited by WaveHunter

46 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

First the fine is 2,000 baht for late reporting - the max would be 5,000 for refusal to report.  Have yet to see anyone getting that fine.

Second there is absolutely no reason for 90 day reporting in this day and age.  That it is an old law is true - but old laws are often not enforced.  Address change is reported when we take residence at a new location and on annual extensions of stay - that should be all that is required.  

You stated an opinion as the law (invalid visa without 90 day stay receipt in passport) - please do not blame others for taking issue with that.

First of all you are incorrect.  The fine is 2,000 for late reporting, but 4,000 baht if you have been arrested for something and then found that you are not currently updated for reporting.

Specific fines aside,  there is a very valid reason for 90 day reporting today (whether or not it is an old law) and that is to verify that your current address is a valid one.  It lessens the possibility  that people who might want to evade being found by authorities can do so.

If, for instance, you are stopped by police, they will likely want to verify that your local address is valid one in case they need to follow up an investigation. 

90 day reporting is an easy way to assure that, and an official receipt in your passport is an easy way to avoid the possibility of being detained until your address can be verified by other means.

Besides, it is the law.  Whether it is an old law that one disagrees with is irrelevant.  The law is the law, and this particular one, contrary to opposing views seems perfectly valid to me.

Edited by WaveHunter

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

With all due respect there is a very valid reason for 90 day reporting today and that is to verify that your current address is a valid one. 

If, for instance, you are stopped by police, they will likely want to verify that your local address is valid one in case they need to follow up an investigation. 

90 day reporting is an easy way to assure that, and an official receipt in your passport is an easy way to avoid the possibility of being detained until your address can be verified by other means.

Besides, it is the law.  Whether it is an old law that one disagrees with is irrelevant.  The law is the law, and this particular one, contrary to your view, seems perfectly valid to me.

The 90 days report doesn't say anything about my current address. It might be the address I had 90 days ago (if even this was the correct address). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

With all due respect there is a very valid reason for 90 day reporting today and that is to verify that your current address is a valid one. 

Besides, it is the law.  Whether it is an old law that one disagrees with is irrelevant.  The law is the law, and this particular one, contrary to opposing views seems perfectly valid to me.

There is no address noted on my receipt.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

That certainly does not seem unreasonable to me considering that stapling or taping the receipt in the  back of your passport is a pretty easy thing to do.

"The point however is that the receipt belongs in your passport as it plainly states so that all authorized authorities who request your passport such as the police have a quick and valid way to be sure that your current address is valid."

One little flaw to that particular argument is that said "current address" is not explicitly stated in the 90-day receipt!

"That certainly does not seem unreasonable to me considering that stapling or taping the receipt in the  back of your passport is a pretty easy thing to do."

Yeah, and in stapling or taping a receipt to your passport every 90 days, run the not inconsiderable risk of damaging it - and, hence, rendering it invalid and in need of replacement - right?

14 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Every time I have been at the airport I have watched security flipping through my entire passport, looking at all attachments (and that includes unfolding the 90 day receipt and looking at it).

Every time I have been at the airport I have watched an officer at IMM Departures flipping through my entire passport minus my latest 90-day reporting slip which is not attached, then stamping me out of Thailand and handing my passport back to me, normally without saying a word!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldie said:

The 90 days report doesn't say anything about my current address. It might be the address I had 90 days ago (if even this was the correct address). 

The receipt doesn;t contain your address but the TM47 that you sign and submit certainly does, and since you signed it, there are severe penalties for  submitting false information.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OJAS said:

...One little flaw to that particular argument is that said "current address" is not explicitly stated in the 90-day receipt!

The receipt does not contain your address because it's not necessary for it to.  It is an offical document that simply states you have submitted a current notification, and the barcode on the receipt allows for the TM47 to be instantly viewed by authorities in order to see what your current address is.  And since you signed the TM-47, you are liable to severe penalties if you provide false information.

As for your other objectives about damaging your passport by stapling or taping a receipt in it...Oh c'mon!  Is a staple or piece of tape every 90 days really going to ruin your passport?

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Haha 1

The receipt doesn;t contain your address but the TM47 that you sign and submit certainly does, and since you signed it, there are severe penalties for  submitting false information.

So how is any official who demands to see your passport (apart from those in your local immigration office, of course) able to lay their hands on said signed and submitted TM47 form for current address checking purposes then?

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

So how does the address become apparent to said police inspecting your passport? Keep digging!

5 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Can you post links to these 'severe' penalties.

There is only one offence and the maximum penalty is 2,000 baht for an individual.

It is an offical document that simply states you have submitted a current notification, and the barcode on the receipt allows for the TM47 to be instantly viewed by authorities in order to see what your current address is.

Only your local immigration office can scan the barcode to check your records. There is no nationwide reporting database for 90 day reporting other than for online reporting and only a immigration office can check it.

10 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So how is any official who demands to see your passport (apart from those in your local immigration office, of course) able to lay their hands on said signed and submitted TM47 form for current address checking purposes then?

The police and other authorized authorities have access to the Imm database in an official investigation.  It might not be direct access through the barcode, but they certainly have access to it.

No offence intended but this whole debate is getting a little silly.  What is the big deal about simply attaching the receipt in your passport anyway?  Such a simple thing and everybody seem to be going crazy about this LOL ????

Edited by WaveHunter

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

So how does the address become apparent to said police inspecting your passport? Keep digging!

They see the 90 days report confirmation in your passport and so they know that you obey the laws and therefore you cannot be a bad person ???? Or somehow like this...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Not so much a big issue for me. My report was due on Monday so I tried again on Monday. 

Done and dusted. Good until July 5th now. Time stamp on receipt is 08:30:54. 

My wife brought back my completed TM47 form since the officer did not want it.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Oldie said:

They see the 90 days report confirmation in your passport and so they know that you obey the laws and therefore you cannot be a bad person ???? Or somehow like this...

So what's so wrong with showing that you RESPECT the laws of a foreign land that you enjoy the privilege of being a guest in? 

Too many of us farangs seem to think we are entitled to live here on our own terms, and that local laws and customs shouldn't apply to us.

We are all guests here in the Kingdom.  It is a privilege to live here, not a right!

Show a little respect!  It makes you a better person.

Edited by WaveHunter

10 minutes ago, Oldie said:

On occasions when someone ,other than IO, has checked my passport they have no idea what they,re looking at anyway, current stamps,dates, . name surname? Let alone a  90 day barcode on a stapled slip.!