Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The system only accepts the application and it then it is sent to the local office for approval unless the local office allows automatic approval.

There is no need for the system to have a record of the reports.

If that is so, how have several of us had instant approval when reporting online?

PH

4 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I thought I was giving the Immigration bureau a fairly acceptable excuse - loss of the database - for the incredibly long delay in getting the site back up. 

Their extranet is down and the 90 day reporting site is not the only thing on it that is down. The TM30 reporting site is on it as well. And there are others that are on it as well that are down.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

If that is so, how have several of us had instant approval when reporting online?

I got it as well. At first it shows pending and you then get pop up message it was approved. The system is tied to the local offices system that does the approval if set to automatic.

Not everybody has gotten the automatic approval.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

That's what used to happen at Phuket when people were queueing up outside Immigration after lunch. One guy would let all the 90 day people in first - used to upset a lot of queueing tourists who didn't know what "90 Days" was all about.

Now we have the "Drive-thru". Even better.

Used the "drive-thru" at Chiang Mai for the first time last week b/c online is down.  Hubby had used it once before when he walked to Imm. near airport and was told to show up next time in a vehicle.  (mai mee rot yon)  It was brilliant; only one vehicle ahead of us and the Grab driver was enthralled.  "muan gan McDonald"  Trouble was we had to pay for Grab whereas online 90 day is free. 

• Like 1

Just as  a point of  interest, what's  the worst  possible  thing that can  happen if I don't do a 90 day report until my  next Visa extension which  will be almost a year away, is a  2000 baht fine it? or is it 2000 per  90 day stamp?

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Just as  a point of  interest, what's  the worst  possible  thing that can  happen if I don't do a 90 day report until my  next Visa extension which  will be almost a year away, is a  2000 baht fine it? or is it 2000 per  90 day stamp?

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the following :
5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

The penalty under the law states;

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

Edited by Tanoshi

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

It is normally the 2000 baht fine. But it could be the maximum fine of 5000 baht for not reporting.

22 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

1.   Now through 27th.

2.  You are late but if received this weekend (or likely first workday next week) should be processed OK.   Mail today if possible.

If I apply in-person at CW for the 90-day report, what documents do I need to prepare?

16 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Hmm, Wednesday 17th February PLUS 90 days = about 18th of May.

So that's when I reckon it'll be up again - because they've "lost" their database and need everyone to report one more time so they can recreate it.

I'm with you on this to a certain extent. As a long time IT manager (retired) I was trying to think how it is possible for important systems (important to them, not us) can be down for so long. I'd have lost my job weeks ago.

It most certainly has a database sowewhere and I'd guess they had a major hardare and/or software crash and realised no backup was being done.  With a recent backup and working hardware this is nothing more than a couple of days work.

Rebuilding from scratch would mean compiling the manual data from every office. I'd not want that job.

Here's hoping some resolution is met by my due date 17th April or its yet another 320 Km round trip for me.

Solution: scrap 90 day and TM30 reports altogether.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
17 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

I thought I was giving the Immigration bureau a fairly acceptable excuse - loss of the database - for the incredibly long delay in getting the site back up. 

Their extranet is down and the 90 day reporting site is not the only thing on it that is down. The TM30 reporting site is on it as well. And there are others that are on it as well that are down.

Ah, OK, thanks. That's seems to nail it, then: other systems being down at the same time. So really, they have no excuse other than poor management, e.g. no foresight, no backup, no "dual redundancy", loss of original IT staff, etc. 

A bit of my background: I worked on a system in London that HAD to stay up. It was dual-redundant: the two sites were underground and further apart than the wing-span of a jumbo jet.

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Here's hoping some resolution is met by my due date 17th April or its yet another 320 Km round trip for me.

My date is a few days later, but we Phuket farangs are so lucky that we are all within 30 minutes of the Immi. office. ????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Ah, OK, thanks. That's seems to nail it, then: other systems being down at the same time. So really, they have no excuse other than poor management, e.g. no foresight, no backup, no "dual redundancy", loss of original IT staff, etc. 

A bit of my background: I worked on a system in London that HAD to stay up. It was dual-redundant: the two sites were underground and further apart than the wing-span of a jumbo jet.

Lol i remeber those days when the Jumbo Jet Scenario was often used as the worst possible IT disaster.

I used to run many critical business sytems and have vivid memories of reloading tape cassettes every Monday morning and shipping them offsite. No cloud in those days, they have no real excuse. I'd wager their system is also a relic from the 80's or 90's.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lucian said:

If I apply in-person at CW for the 90-day report, what documents do I need to prepare?

Sorry for delay but True Internet been out all morning.  You should fill out the normal TM47 and have last receipt for 90 day reporting along with your passport to let them view.  This is still being done at Muang Thang Thani AFAIK - only the tourist visa desk returned to CW.  

Is it just me or is the 90-day online reporting website down?

Nothing is working, either on Chrome or Explorer. It is such a pain when I am working with a work permit that I have to do this.

Or am I doing something wrong? I am using this link: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online

I am getting the message: 

Failure of Web Server bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent.

Edited by JRG23

5 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

Is it just me or is the 90-day online reporting website down?

Nothing is working, either on Chrome or Explorer. It is such a pain when I am working with a work permit that I have to do this.

Or am I doing something wrong? I am using this link: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online

I am getting the message: 

Failure of Web Server bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent.

Hopefully you have read back a bit and found your answer - been down since February 17th and no official word on when it will work again.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Hopefully you have read back a bit and found your answer - been down since February 17th and no official word on when it will work again.  

Well, there was one. Confirming 22nd March 2021 (some 18 days ago).

32 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

<deleted>. What a joke this is. They want foreigners to work here and pay big taxes and then want me to report 90 days through a system that doesn't work meaning I have to waste time from the office to go to immigration.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Well, there was one. Confirming 22nd March 2021 (some 18 days ago).

And today is the 9th of April with no current potential date known to those even at immigration.  I know I asked last week when I was at MTT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

<deleted>. What a joke this is. They want foreigners to work here and pay big taxes and then want me to report 90 days through a system that doesn't work meaning I have to waste time from the office to go to immigration.  

If your in Bangkok set an online appointment, have your paperwork ready, walk in to MTT go to the second floor, show your appointment  confirmation, que up instantly, walk into the office as directed and sit at B-1.  within 5 minutes you will be done and back outside.  Takes longer to drive there and back from my residence (2 hours) than it does to do what I just said above.  Yes it is time out of your day, but then you can always mail it into them and wait for the return mail with your new report date.  I do understand the frustration, believe me, but what else can we do except pay an agent a few baht to go in our place.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

And today is the 9th of April with no current potential date known to those even at immigration.  I know I asked last week when I was at MTT.

It reminds me of a few years ago when I asked at the local PEA office how my electricity bill was calculated. Not even the boss had a clue!

Back in 2003 I asked in Bangkok Bank for internet banking. "You cannot have internet banking unless you have a wok permit".

"Why not?"

"Because Head Office says so".

"Has anyone asked them why not?"

"No."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It reminds me of a few years ago when I asked at the local PEA office how my electricity bill was calculated. Not even the boss had a clue!

Back in 2003 I asked in Bangkok Bank for internet banking. "You cannot have internet banking unless you have a wok permit".

"Why not?"

"Because Head Office says so".

"Has anyone asked them why not?"

"No."

TIT and you know the drill, expect the unexpected and understand Thai Time, it does make life a little less frustrating some times.

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If your in Bangkok set an online appointment, have your paperwork ready, walk in to MTT go to the second floor, show your appointment  confirmation, que up instantly, walk into the office as directed and sit at B-1.  within 5 minutes you will be done and back outside.  Takes longer to drive there and back from my residence (2 hours) than it does to do what I just said above.  Yes it is time out of your day, but then you can always mail it into them and wait for the return mail with your new report date.  I do understand the frustration, believe me, but what else can we do except pay an agent a few baht to go in our place.

As far as I'm aware from others, up here in the boondocks in Surin, we just rock up with our passport (into which is stapled the previous receipt of 90 day reporting) hand it over and it is returned with a new printed receipt giving your next report date. I shall no doubt be able to confirm that in 10 days unless this on-line cock up is rectified.

[Edit: We are not permitted to enter the office for 90 day report applications. Entering the office is restricted to extension applications and that is only for sufficient time to remove your mask for the photograph - then you're out again. Any documents which require your signature are brought outside]

Edited by Yorkie

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Sorry for delay but True Internet been out all morning.  You should fill out the normal TM47 and have last receipt for 90 day reporting along with your passport to let them view.  This is still being done at Muang Thang Thani AFAIK - only the tourist visa desk returned to CW.  

Yup, 90-day reporting is still at Muang Thong Thani - was just there today.

Do note that they're closed for Songkran Mon-Thu next week though.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:40 AM, lopburi3 said:

It has been 10 baht for many, many years.  And my experience last year was they has stopped returning passport copies (they had been returning for at least a decade).  This is Bangkok office.

1. 20210410 15:20 90-day online reporting still not working.
  2. It has not been 10 Baht for "many, many", years. The last submittal was my first 10 Baht self-addressed envelope submittal.
  3. My last 90-day report receipt in April this year is the first time ever they have sent back passport copy documents to me. Usually it is just the receipt.

Most of the Thaivisa respondents on this subject are sheep who just accept, cheerfully, and without complaint whatever dysfunctional and unacceptable services the IB delivers.

Edited by Advocate
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Advocate said:

Most of the Thaivisa respondents on this subject are sheep who just accept, cheerfully, and without complaint whatever dysfunctional and unacceptable services the IB delivers.

How many times have you been to the Immigration office(s) and voiced your opinions of their "dysfunctional and unacceptable services". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

How many times have you been to the Immigration office(s) and voiced your opinions of their "dysfunctional and unacceptable services". 

I am sure if he did he would be on the fast track to leaving the country.  Instead I am sure he just talks a good game and does what's needed like us without making waves.  When you cause a ruckus at immigration and argue with the IO's it never ends well, even if your right.

• Like 2