Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

40 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Given the massive recent increase in Covid-19 cases throughout much of Thailand, I'm surprised that they have not suspended 90 day reporting again. If not then bringing the on-line reporting function back to working order should be a major priority.

Actually the other time they provided a 'delay' there was a major catch - you had to report in person next time - my mailed report was returned with notice I had to appear in person because I took advantage of that option.

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

6 years and 229 pages, I think this post has run it's course by now. Close it please.

Very relevant info is still given out regarding 90 day reports.  This OP is very pertinent.

• Thanks 2

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Very relevant info is still given out regarding 90 day reports.  This OP is very pertinent.

Not when the title is Online available from 1st April 2015.

At least delete all posts before say 2020.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, KannikaP said:

6 years and 229 pages, I think this post has run it's course by now. Close it please.

The thread has already been culled. A few weeks ago (before the forum "crashed") there were well over 300 pages.

• Haha 2

The 90-day online reporting is dysfunctional still 20210412 11:10

The site has been dysfunctional since February 17 2021 which is 55 days.

The IB is withholding the truth on this dysfunctionality. It cannot possibly be due to maintenance.

54 minutes ago, Advocate said:

The 90-day online reporting is dysfunctional still 20210412 11:10

The site has been dysfunctional since February 17 2021 which is 55 days.

The IB is withholding the truth on this dysfunctionality. It cannot possibly be due to maintenance.

There indeed seems to be something left unsaid by IMM officials about why the site has been down for so long.  It would be nice if there was some more transparency about what is really going on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

The thread has already been culled. A few weeks ago (before the forum "crashed") there were well over 300 pages.

The has been no culling that caused the number of pages in any topic to change.

The number of posts has not changed. The number of pages depends upon the size of each post done in a topic and the reduction could of been due the formatting of the pages.

• Like 2

A post containing a link to the Bangkok Post and a quote of it has been removed. 

Forum Rule

"26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.
These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com"

4 minutes ago, NE1 said:

interesting article, but once again all about investments and money and what retiree's and expats can bring to the table.  Don't get me wrong I love the Idea, but it should be less about bringing money into Thailand and more about what we give to Thailand by having families and assisting them as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NE1 said:

That seems to a supposition to me.

10 minutes ago, loser4life said:

It would be great if they did.

Don't hold your breath for it to happen.

The immigration act of 1979 would have to be amended by parliament for it to happen and the act has not been changed since it was issued.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That seems to a supposition to me.

Don't hold your breath for it to happen.

The immigration act of 1979 would have to be amended by parliament for it to happen and the act has not been changed since it was issued.

Surely if they can effortlessly change the constitution they can change this act too with a few simple ammendments?

And while they are at it, allow volunteering on a non Imm O based on retirement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saltire said:

And while they are at it, allow volunteering on a non Imm O based on retirement.

That is not in the immigration act. Working is in the acts and etc for working that falls under the Labor ministry.

You can do volunteer work unless you are doing on a regular basis as if you were working as a volunteer.

8 minutes ago, Kristine_M said:

I have just done mine online, but when I clicked on "send" I didn't get any confirmation message. Email confirmation would be ideal. I will send my documents by post just in case.

You did this how?  On browser there is no web server available.  Was this an app perhaps?  Make sure you are using the valid address as you are imputing personal data to anyone connected.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kristine_M said:

I have just done mine online, but when I clicked on "send" I didn't get any confirmation message. Email confirmation would be ideal. I will send my documents by post just in case.

Are you saying the systems up?  I still get the site is down for maintenance

22 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Given the massive recent increase in Covid-19 cases throughout much of Thailand, I'm surprised that they have not suspended 90 day reporting again. If not then bringing the on-line reporting function back to working order should be a major priority.

Latest reports today indicate that the number of cases yesterday amounted to 980 which were "discovered" in 62 of the 70 provinces.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The has been no culling that caused the number of pages in any topic to change.

The number of posts has not changed. The number of pages depends upon the size of each post done in a topic and the reduction could of been due the formatting of the pages.

Well, I don't know how I'm supposed to know that. I haven't been a ThaiVisa moderator for 13 years!

All I could see was that it used to be "page 335 of 335" and now it's "page 229 of 229"

Edited by Yorkie

3 hours ago, Kristine_M said:

They are very strict about the 15-day before report date requirement for mail-in date. You might have missed it.

They have also been taking 30+ days to return receipts for mail-in 90-day reorts.

It must have been a dream. I just checked the website and it is still reporting:

"Failure of Web Server bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent."

Edited by Advocate
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Advocate said:

They have also been taking 30+ days to return receipts for mail-in 90-day reorts.

That could be because all hands are on deck to repair the buggered up website. "Many hands make light work" as they say. Or is it "Too many cooks make a boIIocks of the broth"?

Edited by Yorkie
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

That could be because all hands are on deck to repair the buggered up website. "Many hands make light work" as they say. Or is it "Too many cooks make a boIIocks of the broth"?

Indolence and dereliction of duty are more likely causes. Too many bollxxxx is more likely than too many cooks.

Edited by Advocate