Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

2 minutes ago, Saltire said:

My 90 day due tomorrow (Saturday), so my plan is to go Tuesday 20th, also hoping for an 11th hour reprieve with either suspension or abolition of 90 day reports.

160 Km each way so will combine it with a trip to BigC, Makro, KFC and McDonalds. May as well make it a fun day out.

Hopefully you can still enjoy the day if checkpoints have not been set-up and venues closed other than the locations to buy necessities.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

There is a very good chance 90 day reporting will be completely abolished.

The would take a very long time to do. Parliament would have to amend the immigration act of 1979 and that has never been done.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Hopefully you can still enjoy the day if checkpoints have not been set-up and venues closed other than the locations to buy necessities.

Yep that crossed my mind too. The ever-changing situation is hard to plan anything.

There have always been 2 checkpoints on my route even pre-covid they are just more thorough now, being close to the Myanmar border. Always just got waved on, now want to see my passport and the wifes ID.

90 day online reporting has not been available for at least the past week. 

The page   https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

give a "Failure of Web Server bridge"  error.

Great time to go down so we all have to congregate at Immigration.

3 minutes ago, garzhe said:

90 day online reporting has not been available for at least the past week. 

The page  https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

give a "Failure of Web Server bridge"  error.

Great time to go down so we all have to congregate at Immigration.

It has been down since February Sir.  Long time pain for many including myself.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The would take a very long time to do. Parliament would have to amend the immigration act of 1979 and that has never been done.

As with changes to the TM30 reporting requirements, they'll issue a notice of  'amendment' to the current requirements signed off by Prayut Chan-o-cha, suspending 90 day reports.

That way they can always reimplement the requirement at a later date should the ned arise.

I doubt they will make permanent changes to the Immigration Act. 

Edited by Tanoshi
Typo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

As with changes to the TM30 reporting requirements, they'll issue a notice of  'amendment' to the current requirements signed off by Prayut Chan-o-cha, suspending 90 day reports.

I was replying to this comment. Anything else they could do would be temporary.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

There is a very good chance 90 day reporting will be completely abolished.

The TM30 reporting regulation just claried the the requirements as to when they need to be done. They were not abolished.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I was replying to this comment. Anything else they could do would be temporary.

The TM30 reporting regulation just claried the the requirements as to when they need to be done. They were not abolished.

They'll suspend the 90 day requirement, not abolish it completely.

For parliament to sit and totally revamp the Immigration Act would take time and need some forethought, which is not Immigration or the Governments strongest attribute. lol.

It's only being discussed, implementation is another issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saltire said:

My 90 day due tomorrow (Saturday), so my plan is to go Tuesday 20th, also hoping for an 11th hour reprieve with either suspension or abolition of 90 day reports.

160 Km each way so will combine it with a trip to BigC, Makro, KFC and McDonalds. May as well make it a fun day out.

Likewise on all counts although my trip is only just over 50 km each way. Since the last time that I visited (May 2020) I believe that virtually the whole way has been upgraded to dual carriageway so it should be only around 40 minutes drive each way. There's no reason that the process should last more than 5 minutes so it's not really a hassle.

As Robinson's, Big 'C', Makro and Tesco-Lotus are all within 1 km of my house that is not an issue. I am pleased to say that we do not have a local McDonald's and a visit to KFC would be the last item on my agenda.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Likewise on all counts although my trip is only just over 50 km each way. Since the last time that I visited (May 2020) I believe that virtually the whole way has been upgraded to dual carriageway so it should be only around 40 minutes drive each way. There's no reason that the process should last more than 5 minutes so it's not really a hassle.

As Robinson's, Big 'C', Makro and Tesco-Lotus are all within 1 km of my house that is not an issue. I am pleased to say that we do not have a local McDonald's and a visit to KFC would be the last item on my agenda.

I only frequent KFC etc when i need to go to the city, about every one or two months (or every 90 days!) so i look at it more of a treat.

And I forgot Dairy Queen - No Swensens yet.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

In other words...probably not in our lifetime LOL!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Tesco-Lotus is now not

Can you explain this one, I know I am a little slow on the uptake.  If your referring to a buyout well they still are known as Tesco-Lotus at least for a little while longer.

Still nothing from the Government as far as a repeal/amnesty of the 90 day for the time being due to this wave.

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Can you explain this one, I know I am a little slow on the uptake.  If your referring to a buyout well they still are known as Tesco-Lotus at least for a little while longer.

The signage is still "Tesco-Lotus" here, even for the small express stalls.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Still nothing from the Government as far as a repeal/amnesty of the 90 day for the time being due to this wave.

Sorry not want to take off topic further - but CP seems to be in full control with new rules.

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Sorry not want to take off topic further - but CP seems to be in full control with new rules.

Maybe they are working on allowing us to do our 90 day reports at those locations just like paying your bills at 7-11 as part of the takeover.  Hopefully Immigration is not staffing the new digs....yes sarcasm

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Waiting for some announcement today that as of Monday they will be doing another amnesty for 90 day reports in lieu of the current wave of Covid which makes last years issues look small in comparison.  I have an early appointment on Monday at MTT to do my 90 day in person.  If there has been no movement as far as the 90 day issue, I will of course end up making the 1 hour ride out to the location and do my report in person.  I will update this site with my findings.

How did you make the appointment at MTT? Online?

3 minutes ago, yawu said:

How did you make the appointment at MTT? Online?

Yes made it online over 2 weeks ago, while hoping the system would come back up, but abject failure on immigrations fault have made the trip a necessity.

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

On 4/16/2021 at 11:45 AM, Tanoshi said:

They'll suspend the 90 day requirement, not abolish it completely.

For parliament to sit and totally revamp the Immigration Act would take time and need some forethought, which is not Immigration or the Governments strongest attribute. lol.

It's only being discussed, implementation is another issue.

When I started working here in 96 there was no 90 day reporting. Then around 98-99 immigration raised the issue and teachers visited immigration with their HR officers, but even after that it was not enforced until around 04 (from memory) and since then it's just got stricter. There's lots that IOs like about people having to report and not enforcing the requirement may prove unpopular with them.

I am due to report that I am still living at the same address (over 20 years now) during this coming week (actual report date 17th April 2021).

Today we have discovered that the "resort" opposite our house has confirmed that one of their guests is infected. The gentleman in question arrived from Phuket last week.

My wife will ring Immigration tomorrow to ask if it's necessary to travel to report.

Given that the on-line reporting website is down (and has been for two months) what is to prevent a report by telephone? "I am still living at the same address" - precisely what you are saying if rocking up in person (or by proxy). It's not as though they do not have my information on file (and have done for 20 years).

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I am due to report that I am still living at the same address (over 20 years now) during this coming week (actual report date 17th April 2021).

Today we have discovered that the "resort" opposite our house has confirmed that one of their guests is infected. The gentleman in question arrived from Phuket last week.

My wife will ring Immigration tomorrow to ask if it's necessary to travel to report.

Given that the on-line reporting website is down (and has been for two months) what is to prevent a report by telephone? "I am still living at the same address" - precisely what you are saying if rocking up in person (or by proxy). It's not as though they do not have my information on file (and have done for 20 years).

That would be ideal, I am in the same boat (without a close covid case) but now on Tuesday I have to go to the city, a 3 hour drive, and back. I may also ask if they can accept a 90 day by telephone. If you give them your passport number that should be good enough. If I did not have to do the report I would be staying home.

Madness.

Maybe we will be lucky and they will suspend the need to report tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Maybe we will be lucky and they will suspend the need to report tomorrow.

I was planning to drive there on Tuesday but, depending on the response to the telephone call, I may leave it until Thirstday (Or not even bother and suffer the fine!)

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Nothing published as of yet, and I will head to MTT bright and early for my scheduled 90 day appointment in the morning 19th.  I will let you folks know what I find out as far as any future reporting being waived for now.

Please do.

• Thanks 1

Immigration Hotline 1178. My wife called at 7 pm (Sunday, April 18)

90-day report. Planning to fix the website but he doesn't know when we'll be able to use it again.

He asked us to go to Muang Thong Thani / BKK

I'm planning to do it by registered mail this time. Must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666#news

1 hour ago, frequentatore said:

90-day report. Planning to fix the website but he doesn't know when we'll be able to use it again.

So - after two months that the site has been down, Immigration are still in the planning stage?

AFAIK business requiring face to face interaction is one of the things prohibited under the new Covid surge restrictions in BKK, makes me wonder whether Immigration will need to comply with that and advise a suspension of services today.   I was planning to go tomorrow to transfer stamps into a new passport and then head off to MTT, still pondering whether to try and go today or wait and see what news emerges.  Wait I think and go early tomorrow if it's not all shut down.  The stamp transfer I'm less worried about, the impending 90 Day is more of a problem given online is down.