Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

MTT is packed this morning. Glad I have an appointment. Just grabbed my Que card. Asked about a possible amnesty and got blank looks at the check.in desk. Will ask when inside shortly

Social distancing ?  100% Mask wearing?

Pictures from a few days suggested not.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

All masked that I could see, chairs all full plus standing room.  In and out in less than 5 minutes. No time frame for the online system, my IO said see you in 90 days, not a good sign.  Asked him about amnesty, he said no one has discussed it yet.  There you have it a fresh after Songkran report.

Thanks for that.

So, basically, if you have an online appointment, it takes only a few minutes?

No appointment, 3-4 hours, I believe?

Is there a special desk for online appointments, or do you queue up with everyone and then get your appointment number?

13 hours ago, frequentatore said:

Immigration Hotline 1178. My wife called at 7 pm (Sunday, April 18)

90-day report. Planning to fix the website but he doesn't know when we'll be able to use it again.

He asked us to go to Muang Thong Thani / BKK

I'm planning to do it by registered mail this time. Must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666#news

Done. Just came back from the Post Office.

11 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Thanks for that.

So, basically, if you have an online appointment, it takes only a few minutes?

No appointment, 3-4 hours, I believe?

Is there a special desk for online appointments, or do you queue up with everyone and then get your appointment number?

You check in at the front desk on the 2nd floor garage of MTT.  They will check their records and give you the que number reserved for you starting with the letter B.  They will then call the first 10 of the A que cards and then the B que cards to stand in a line. At 8:30 they let you walk to the inner sanctum in order and to the left are the B desks and to the right the A desks.  First in and first out.  Took me 45 minutes to ride out to MTT and 45 back.  Home at 9:25.  Left at 7 am.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Inner sanctum????????????????

Take off thy shoes, for where ye stand is holy ground.

Seriously, thanks for that.

Your welcome.  I had to at least add in something to make folks smile and laugh on a Monday morning.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Yorkie said:

My wife will ring Immigration tomorrow to ask if it's necessary to travel to report.

The answer was "no amnesty as yet". Yes, he still needs to report; it's not a problem. Just turn up with his passport and it will take 5 minutes".

I'll probably leave it until Thirstday (the 6th day after).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

The answer was "no amnesty as yet". Yes, he still needs to report; it's not a problem. Just turn up with his passport and it will take 5 minutes".

I'll probably leave it until Thirstday (the 6th day after).

I have now done a calculation and Friday 23rd April 2021 is 6 days after my 90 day reporting date (17th April 2021) and only 44 days before my date to renew my extension of stay (6th June 2021). At Surin Immigration, the extension of stay may be applied for up to 45 days prior to expiry (or that has been the rule for the last 4 years),

Edited by Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I have now done a calculation and Friday 23rd April 2021 is 6 days after my 90 day reporting date (17th April 2021) and only 44 days before my date to renew my extension of stay (6th June 2021). At Surin Immigration, the extension of stay may be applied for up to 45 days prior to expiry (or that was the rule for the last 4 years),

Time to try and do both at the same time, killing two birds with one stone as the saying goes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Time to try and do both at the same time, killing two birds with one stone as the saying goes.

You know it makes sense.

Well, to me it does, but I'm not Thai.

Edited by Yorkie
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Give them one more month.

I still reckon it'll be up 90 days after it "went down".    whistling_.gif.fbef880d4b770e1912eb2e0a56028da7.gif 

I'll be going tomorrow or Tuesday. Stay tuned for my report! ???? 

It took a little more time than usual: Pro Tip - don't arrive just after lunch. ????  It was pouring with rain and the car park was jammed. I think there were people in the "Drive-Thru" lane that didn't know what it was there for. ????

But after 5 minutes we started moving forward and then a lovely female IO came out carrying an umbrella and took passports from the cars waiting in the 90-Day lane. Two minutes later I got to the 90-Day window and received my passport and report (which was printed on the back of a German lady's departure card photocopy but, hey, let's save some trees, yeah?)

I didn't say anything to anyone about the online system. It was too good a day to spoil it.

• Haha 1

Re online 90-day reporting, I was hopeful that it would be back online today/Monday after being pretty much offline all thru the Song Kran holiday and this past weekend.

Alas, when I tried the site again Monday night, I got the same "bridge error" message I'd been getting in recent days.  Yeesh!!!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Re online 90-day reporting, I was hopeful that it would be back online today/Monday after being pretty much offline all thru the Song Kran holiday and this past weekend.

It has been down since February 17th and it is still down this morning.

• Like 1

Wondering if immigration offices are able to verify dates of last 90 day reporting?  I did my report on February 16 which might have been the last day the system was functioning.  A popup notification stated It was immediately approved.   Should have printed or at least saved a copy of the approval immediately - oops.  

I received my visa in Jomtien and am currently near Ubon.  Reporting by mail would be most likely rejected because of the lack of last 90 day report copy.  Sure they could look it up but have my doubts.  Might just send by mail to see what happens.

If all else fails, I will make the long trip to Jomtien.  Does anybody have any experience of reporting IN PERSON without a past 90 day reporting slip?

6 minutes ago, atpeace said:

I received my visa in Jomtien and am currently near Ubon.  Reporting by mail would be most likely rejected because of the lack of last 90 day report copy.  Sure they could look it up but have my doubts.  Might just send by mail to see what happens.

If you got the immediate approval then they should be able to find the report in their local records.

You could try by mail and include a note about about why you do not have the receipt for it.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If you got the immediate approval then they should be able to find the report in their local records.

You could try by mail and include a note about about why you do not have the receipt for it.

Thanks and I'll give it a try.  Worse thing that can happen is it is rejected.

1 hour ago, atpeace said:

I did my report on February 16 which might have been the last day the system was functioning.  A popup notification stated It was immediately approved.

On that basis, your next report is by my reckoning due on 16 May, with the acceptable timeframe for the receipt of a snail mail report at Jomtien falling between 2 & 16 May.

6 minutes ago, OJAS said:

On that basis, your next report is by my reckoning due on 16 May, with the acceptable timeframe for the receipt of a snail mail report at Jomtien falling between 2 & 16 May.

True but my issue is not having the copy of the last 90 day approval.  Going to give it a try with a note explaining the situation.  Can't print with system down.

9 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Why do you need to print it? I never do, just make a calendar reminder on my phone.

I believe that it should be affixed into your passport or at least accompany your passport.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Why do you need to print it? I never do, just make a calendar reminder on my phone.

You can be asked for proof you did the report by immigration.

Also for the situation many people are in now that requires them to do the report in person or by mail.

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Also for the situation many people are in now that requires them to do the report in person or by mail.

Immigration just type your passport number into their system and it gives them all the info they need.

I've done more than a dozen online reports and never printed it off. With the online system down two weeks ago I had to do it in person, no one asks for the previous report.

Edit: Or when I did my annual extension in January.

Edited by YorkshireTyke
addition
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, atpeace said:

Does anybody have any experience of reporting IN PERSON without a past 90 day reporting slip?

Yes, on the 9th April (2 people).  Previous report on line, no print out but receipt on phone if required.  No TM form required - only passport.  I held up my phone with the previous report but the officer was too far away to see it so really my passport gave him all the information he needed.

A mate had the same experience earlier in the day so I went down that afternoon just in case they were being especially helpful as it was their last day before the holidays.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It's not a major hardship. The receipt is published on the website (well, it was) which I access on my desktop then press print and voila, I get a printed receipt which I staple to a page in my passport after removing the previous one.