Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

3 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Immigration just type your passport number into their system and it gives them all the info they need.

I've done more than a dozen online reports and never printed it off. With the online system down two weeks ago I had to do it in person, no one asks for the previous report.

Edit: Or when I did my annual extension in January.

Have just been for my annual extension at Phetchabun, today 20 April 21, and was specifically asked for a copy of the last 90 day receipt to add to the pack.

2 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Have just been for my annual extension at Phetchabun, today 20 April 21, and was specifically asked for a copy of the last 90 day receipt to add to the pack.

Is there not a 90-day receipt in your passport that you give to them?

9 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

You only hand over the 90 day receipt when doing your next 90 day report.

For an extension, as I was doing, apparently the need a copy in the submission pack.

2 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:
13 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

You only hand over the 90 day receipt when doing your next 90 day report.

For an extension, as I was doing, apparently the need a copy in the submission pack.

You didn't answer my question. Isn't there a copy of the receipt in your passport?

I ALWAYS have a copy stapled in MY passport.

1 minute ago, JetsetBkk said:

You didn't answer my question. Isn't there a copy of the receipt in your passport?

I ALWAYS have a copy stapled in MY passport.

Yes, and my passport back page looks like a colander with all the staple holes, but they don't want to see it, they want a copy of it for their file.

30 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Yes, and my passport back page looks like a colander with all the staple holes, but they don't want to see it, they want a copy of it for their file.

As I thought, they previously made a note of what was on the 90-day report OR copied it themselves OR didn't do anything with it.

But now, they've decided that they need to keep a copy. So who better to do it than the farang who already has 13 sheets of paper to produce for them?

Edit: I'll add that copy to the stack of papers that I'm currently producing for them.

Edited by JetsetBkk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Why do you need to print it? I never do, just make a calendar reminder on my phone.

Same here. Strikes me that, as the number of staple holes increase in your passport every 90 days, you run the risk of accidentally damaging it through tearing a page no matter how careful you might be - and, hence, possibly rendering it invalid and in need of replacement.

37 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Same here. Strikes me that, as the number of staple holes increase in your passport every 90 days, you run the risk of accidentally damaging it through tearing a page no matter how careful you might be - and, hence, possibly rendering it invalid and in need of replacement.

I’ll take “Things that will never happen” for 500, Alex.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, OJAS said:

You can of course use paper clips....just sayin'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Noted. I have never been asked for a copy of it before but I shall add it to my pack for my application next month.

It's like living within one of Grimm's Fairy Tales here.

My pack now consists of:

TM7 (without photograph attached now - or so I understand)

Copy of passport main page(s)

Copy of passport page with transfer of "stamps" from previous passport

Copy of passport pages with previous extensions

Copy of passport page with latest entry stamp

Copy of TM6 (both sides - I've stopped including a blank piece of paper as they think that I'm taking the pish)

Copy of latest 90 day receipt

Letter from bank confirming balance (at the same date as the application)

Copy of bank passbook cover page

Copy of bank passbook pages showing at least 12 months transactions (last page with a transaction dated as per the bank letter)

Copy of my wife's Tabian Baan

Copy of my yellow Tabian Baan (although this is usually not required)

Copy of my wife's ID

Signed letter to confirm I understand that if I break the law I may be prosecuted (I've never understood that one)

Signed letter (in Thai) confirming that I have the funds (as stated in the bank letter and my passbook)

Has anyone been asked for any other documents recently for a retirement extension?

yes in Rayong you also need a twelve month statement from the bank

3 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Add in your insurance certificate from a Thai insurer meeting the requirements for the coming year if on a Non-OA extension of stay

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Is that if you're relying on a monthly income? Or also if you use the ฿800,000.00 in the bank route?

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Add in your insurance certificate from a Thai insurer meeting the requirements for the coming year if on a Non-OA extension of stay

I wasn't aware of that; but I have never had an OA Visa.

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I wasn't aware of that; but I have never had an OA Visa.

Some of us are here doing it the retired way and not the married way, always a little less paperwork as a retiree, but then you need 800K in the bank, or 65k a month instead of the 400K, 40K

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Some of us are here doing it the retired way and not the married way, always a little less paperwork as a retiree, but then you need 800K in the bank, or 65k a month instead of the 400K, 40K

The only visas that I've had for Thailand are multi-entry Os issued in both Singapore and Manila based on my marriage to a Thai. And the last one was in 2002.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

The only visas that I've had for Thailand are multi-entry Os issued in both Singapore and Manila based on my marriage to a Thai. And the last one was in 2002.

At one time that is the type I had issued and my extension was based upon that, alas a divorce changes the picture a little bit.

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

At one time that is the type I had issued and my extension was based upon that, alas a divorce changes the picture a little bit.

It didn't with me. My extensions are based upon a 12 month multi issued in Singapore when I was married to my first Thai wife. However, they were in respect of my retirement.

[Edit: I've never had an extension based upon marriage]

Edited by Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It didn't with me. My extensions are based upon a 12 month multi issued in Singapore when I was married to my first Thai wife. However, they were in respect of my retirement.

Gotcha, yes there is that type of Non Imm O available as well, I believe just before Covid Hit Peter Dennis had a roadmap for folks to switch to the Non-O vs The Non-OA,  so folks would not need the insurance

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Gotcha, yes there is that type of Non Imm O available as well, I believe just before Covid Hit Peter Dennis had a roadmap for folks to switch to the Non-O vs The Non-OA,  so folks would not need the insurance

Just to clarify, the minimum age to obtain a retirement extension in Thailand in 2000 was 55. In 2000 I was only 50 so I was not eligible. I believe it was 2001 or 2002 when they reduced the eligible age to 50.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It has been down since February 17th and it is still down this morning.

Yikes!  Thanks for that, Joe... I hadn't realized... Thought it was just another of their typical over the holidays, over the weekends outages... Hadn't realized it was a longer term thing...

So I suspect it won't surprise anyone when I report, the online web-based system is still down tonight too!

I guess a trip to the local post office will soon be in my future. The transaction time once you get to MTT in person may be brief if you're lucky. But in my case, it's an hour-plus travel each way plus the expense, and not a particularly pleasant trip at that.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Any rumors' as to when the online reporting will be back in action. It's been down for months now.

My next report is due 02May so I guess I've missed the mail it in option. Immigration website says 15 days before for registered mail reporting. My local Imm office is Chiang Mai not sure how expedient they are these days? If somebody has recent first hand knowledge of how long it takes to do 90 day in person at CNX that would be great. Also apart from completed form, passport copy, photo, anything else?

Edited by Forza2002

BTW @ubonjoe, I just realized it's been a long time since I did a postal mailed-in 90-day report...

What's the current rule for the time frame that a mailed report has to be sent by and/or received by?

The Immigration website says the following, but of course that doesn't mean that's actually the way they enforce their rules when it comes to mailed-in reports...

"1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

But then further down it says:

"Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration Checkpoint in local area where the alien resides.

Notice :
– Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification."

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

Is BKK/MTT really still enforcing the 15 days ahead mail-in rule? If so, I'm SCREWED!  ????

PS - Well, the online appointments system is out for MTT in my case. checked every day starting tomorrow onward, and no 90-day reporting online appointment slots available at MTT until April 29.  All the dates until then are red and not available. Green available dates only start on the 29th.

3 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

So who better to do it than the farang who already has 13 sheets of paper to produce for them?

Think your light on your count, today

TM7 - 1

Passport (incl. attachments TM6 departure card, TM30 receipt and TM47 receipt) - 7 

Acknowledgment forms - 3

Map of house location - 1

Yellow Book - 1

Bank - 2 (ownership letter and bank statement)

Bank Passbook - 5

OK TM7, 3 acknowledgment forms and house map blank form are provided by Immigration to be completed and the bank actually supplies 2, but the pack I eventually provided contained some 20 pages.

Next year will probably be about 40 pages as I am planning on moving to the combination route which involves an additional account, multiple bank statement pages and 12 advice of foreign transfer notes, Maybe even letters to prove that the money originated as Pensions.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Think your light on your count, today

TM7 - 1

Passport (incl. attachments TM6 departure card, TM30 receipt and TM47 receipt) - 7 

Acknowledgment forms - 3

Map of house location - 1

Yellow Book - 1

Bank - 2 (ownership letter and bank statement)

Bank Passbook - 5

OK TM7, 3 acknowledgment forms and house map blank form are provided by Immigration to be completed and the bank actually supplies 2, but the pack I eventually provided contained some 20 pages.

Next year will probably be about 40 pages as I am planning on moving to the combination route which involves an additional account, multiple bank statement pages and 12 advice of foreign transfer notes, Maybe even letters to prove that the money originated as Pensions.

Is the TM30 receipt a new requirement? We've only ever completed one which was about 6 years ago and we don't have a receipt.

I don't believe that a map of your house location is required for an extension based on retirement; It was one year but I thought that had now been dropped.

Yellow book (Tabian Baan) is not necessary. It's not mandatory to have one.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Is the TM30 receipt a new requirement? We've only ever completed one which was about 6 years ago and we don't have a receipt.

I don't believe that a map of your house location is required for an extension based on retirement; It was one year but I thought that had now been dropped.

Yellow book (Tabian Baan) is not necessary. It's not mandatory to have one.

Not sure on the yellow book, I've been providing it as proof of address for 15 extensions (original entry in book is Thai year 2547 which is 17 years ago) with no comment from 6 different Immigration offices.

The TM30 receipt was a definite requirement today (1st time in 15 extensions I've had to provide and needed Immigration to prove I'd done one 4 years ago off my previous passport - I'd no receipt - or it would have been a new registration and probably a large fine).

When asking for the TM7 form at Immigration (they are not available in a rack for your selection), I am asked for what reason, when I reply for Retirement, I need to provide passport to show I am on retirement and I need it soon, I am given a pack of 5 preprinted forms TM7 (they will not accept a downloaded or computer printed form, must be hand written and in blue ink), 3 Acknowledgement forms and a form for a house location map.

This is for Phetchabun Immigration only other offices will have different requirements. 

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What's the current rule for the time frame that a mailed report has to be sent by and/or received by?

Only Bangkok immigration has the rule for mailing it on or before 15 days the report date. They will still process them if received 7 days before the report date that is the official rule.

The process the report and send a not to mail it earlier next time.

I think they started the 15 days for mailing them when it could take a week for them to receive registered mail.

11 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

My next report is due 02May so I guess I've missed the mail it in option. Immigration website says 15 days before for registered mail reporting. My local Imm office is Chiang Mai not sure how expedient they are these days?

Chiang Mai does not have the 15 days before mailing rule. It only needs to be received on or before 7 days before the report date. Info for CM is there. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

11 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

If somebody has recent first hand knowledge of how long it takes to do 90 day in person at CNX that would be great. Also apart from completed form, passport copy, photo, anything else?

They do them then quick in person in most cases and they have a drive through for them at the main office according to recent reports.

As far as I know you only need your passport, current report receipt and a completed TM47 form.

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Chiang Mai does not have the 15 days before mailing rule. It only needs to be received on or before 7 days before the report date. Info for CM is there. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

They do them then quick in person in most cases and they have a drive through for them at the main office according to recent reports.

As far as I know you only need your passport, current report receipt and a completed TM47 form.

Thanks Joe for the swift feedback, you're a star. Have a great day... ????

Rocked up in person at the Immigration Office (Surin) today complete with mask. Handed over my passport c/w 90 day receipt and it was handed back to me 3 minutes later with a new 90 day receipt. 8 of the 10 officers/employees wore masks. No TM47 required although I had a completed one in the truck just in case.