Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Handed over my passport c/w 90 day receipt and it was handed back to me 3 minutes later with a new 90 day receipt

Your receipt for the report shows Surin immigration not CW. When you do a online report application it is sent to your local office for approval.

9 minutes ago, Lucian said:

Arrived MTT today at 12:45pm; not crowded at all; I guess less than 30 persons. Went up to the "parking lot" 2nd floor, showed them my passport, T47 and appointment booking for 1:20pm and was given a "B queue tag". Told to go straight into the processing office. Waited for less than 1 minute and was attended to. Gave the IO my passport, completed T47 and previous 90-day receipt. Was then issued a new 90-day receipt in less than 2 minutes.

All in...took less than 7 minutes, including the time it took me to climb the stairs!

I just wondered why we need to file this 90-day report in person. The Immigration Bureau should have given us an amnesty or at least allow us to file this report via email or phone since the online system has been down for over 2 months; after all they have all our data in their files. Only first-timers need to file in person.

Did an Immigration Officer ask you if you still resided at the same address that you did when you last reported? If so, did he ask for proof?

Not in my case.

A complete and irresponsible waste of time, money and resources, in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Did an Immigration Officer ask you if you still resided at the same address that you did when you last reported? If so, did he ask for proof?

Not in my case.

A complete and irresponsible waste of time, money and resources, in my opinion.

No words were exchanged. All the IO said was "All done" when she handed me the new receipt. I agree with yorkie that it was a complete waste of time. Coupled with the fact that MTT is out in the boondocks with nothing (absolutely) nearby for a walkabout of look-see!

• Like 2

Went to MTT for my 90 day this morning. Arrived at 8:20am, got queue 104. Processed at 9:40 and out a few minutes after that. My due date was Apr 16 but there was no way I was going to go on a Friday right after a four day holiday. I had no issue being 6 days late. The officer took my passport, previous 90 day receipt and the completed TM47 form. Typed away and presented me with my updated 90 day receipt. No hassle and no fine (since within the 7 day after period).

Hopefully the on-line with be fixed in three months (or even better the 90 day report permanently suspended).

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Silurian said:

No hassle and no fine (since within the 7 day after period).

Some time ago (must have been prior to 2016) during personal reporting, the IO officer pointed out to my wife that I was late and I should report on time in future. I was reporting 3 days after the due date. I'm pleased that she didn't tell me before we left the office as I would probably have made a <deleted> of myself. Supercilious piIIock.

28 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Some time ago (must have been prior to 2016) during personal reporting, the IO officer pointed out to my wife that I was late and I should report on time in future. I was reporting 3 days after the due date. I'm pleased that she didn't tell me before we left the office as I would probably have made a <deleted> of myself. Supercilious piIIock.

At your Immigration office was it a requirement to take your wife for a 90 day report?

Just asking for a friend.

17 hours ago, Silurian said:

Went to MTT for my 90 day this morning. Arrived at 8:20am, got queue 104. Processed at 9:40 and out a few minutes after that. My due date was Apr 16 but there was no way I was going to go on a Friday right after a four day holiday. I had no issue being 6 days late. The officer took my passport, previous 90 day receipt and the completed TM47 form. Typed away and presented me with my updated 90 day receipt. No hassle and no fine (since within the 7 day after period).

Hopefully the on-line with be fixed in three months (or even better the 90 day report permanently suspended).

I didn't have to submit any TM47 form.

20 minutes ago, phosphorescent said:

I have been doing my 90 day report online for the past couple of years. Having found that the online system was down this time I realized that I'd have to go and do it in person. I opened the immigration website to see if there was any notice posted about 90 day notices being postponed, but there wasn't. The next day (yesterday), I got a taxi to immigration in Chaengwattana, which I've done countless times over the years, only to be told that they no longer process 90 day notices there anymore. They told me I had to go and do it in Muang Thong Thani and gave me a map. I wasn't very happy as taxis to and from there already cost 1200 baht (I live on the opposite side of BKK). So I got another taxi and arrived just before 10am. I was a little perplexed to see about 200 people congregated on the second floor of a sweaty, multi-story car parking lot in the middle of a pandemic. I had to wait about 2 hours before my number was called and I left thinking, <deleted>!.

If you have to pay 1200 baht for one trip, wouldn't it be better to not do the 90 day report for 12 months and just be fined for 2000 baht? I don't think the fine is accumulative....

Or hire an agent to do it for just 500 baht?

Edited by EricTh

51 minutes ago, Saltire said:

As others have reported, I had to trek to the Imm Office yesterday. Left at 6.30 AM, arrived just after they opened. I was the only customer. Took my form and passport and less than 5 mins later, all finished.

I asked the IO if she had any info on the resurrection of the online system, sorry no information.

I asked if she knew of any plan to remove the need for 90 day reports, sorry no again. Let's hope something changes in the next 90 days.

Took advantage of being in Kanchanaburi city and did a Makro and BigC shop. Turned out to be an expensive trip!

These are just low-level clerks, most of the time I don't get any logical answers from them.

If you want a reliable answer, you should speak with the higher-up.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, phosphorescent said:

I was a little perplexed to see about 200 people congregated on the second floor of a sweaty, multi-story car parking lot in the middle of a pandemic. I had to wait about 2 hours before my number was called and I left thinking, <deleted>!.

Well, I agree wholeheartedly that it's miserable that Immigration has allowed their online reporting system to be down for the past 2+ months, and equally miserable that, AFAIK, they haven't done anything to inform their customers of that fact or what's going on with the whole situation.

But at far as MTT is concerned, let me offer a more balanced assessment. I went out there this morning from central BKK via BTS to Mochit and then taxi the rest of the way. I got on the BTS in central BKK at 7:15 am, made it to Mochit by 7:35 am, and then a taxi via the Sirirat expressway to MTT that had me arrive at 8 am. Fare 130b plus 15 baht for the expressway toll. No traffic around Mochit and no traffic outbound on the expressway.

When I walked inside to the 2nd floor, there were 2 people in front of me waiting for queue tickets and maybe 40 people already sitting down waiting for the office to open at 8:30 am. I got the #46 queue ticket for the 90-day, no appointment reporting line. They opened at 8:30 am and my 40-50 number group was called at 8:55 am. There were about a half dozen officers handling the no-appointment 90-day reporting folks. I was out and done by 9:05 am. At that hour of the morning and with relatively cool weather right now, no one was much sweating.

And just to confirm what's been said above, as far as documents are concerned... They only wanted:

--my passport

--my prior original 90 day reporting due by receipt

--my filled out TM 47 90-day reporting form.

(no copies of any passport pages or anything like that, unlike the mail-in version of 90-day reporting)

I had my prior TM30 residence address reporting receipt paper clipped in my passport along with my departure card. And the IO pulled out the TM 30 and took a good long look at it... not sure why... as it has the same address as my current address and nothing has changed in that regard for years. But eventually, she just put it back into my passport and handed me my receipt/next reporting date slip.

So, no I really didn't want to have to go out to MTT this morning (but had missed the 7-15 days in advance BKK deadline for postal mailing, because I had been expecting to use the online reporting method), so the trip became necessary. But in the bigger scheme of things, I can think of lots of things that could have been worse.

PS - I brought along my TM 47 on my own... so they didn't specifically ask me for it... But it seemed like the lady handing out queue tickets was demanding it in order to issue a queue ticket. And inside, the IO took the TM47 from me, and then drew a diagonal line across it with her pen and kept it (didn't hand it back to me)... So dunno what that means.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Well some times living in the sticks helps, needed a trip for a shop so combined it with 90 day report, got there at 9 am only one there said G'day and that was end of talking handed over passport waited 4 mins got it back said thanks and off to Big C we went. Didnt say where dont want to jpnks it LOL

Not sure if any watched the 'English' language version of the COVID-19 briefing today but the 90 report issue was brought up. It was stated that doing the 90 report by mail is now the 'recommended' process since the website has not been available for some time. I certainly got the impression that there was no urgency in fixing the website any time soon.  I'm no computer expert so I can't speak as to why the website can't be up an running in a reasonable amount of time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

If you have to pay 1200 baht for one trip, wouldn't it be better to not do the 90 day report for 12 months and just be fined for 2000 baht? I don't think the fine is accumulative....

Or hire an agent to do it for just 500 baht?

There are lots of different ways I can do it including driving there myself. But I was caught off guard this time because of the online system being down and wasn't in the mood to drive and deal with the traffic. Next time I'll just do it by mail. 

15 minutes ago, phosphorescent said:

There are lots of different ways I can do it including driving there myself. But I was caught off guard this time because of the online system being down and wasn't in the mood to drive and deal with the traffic. Next time I'll just do it by mail. 

Because I've been reporting on-line for 4 years I forgot to ask about mail in. The Surin office refused to accept mail in reports initially but that was over 4 years ago. My next report coincides with my application for extension* so I'll do that in person and ask about mail in if I remember.

* My reporting date was 17th April 2021; I reported on 21st. My next reporting date is now 6th June 2021 which is the same date as my extension expires. This appears to be the norm now (at least it is out here in the sticks).

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

It depends how much you travel, I guess. Because I live near a border there are frequent police checkpoints and if stopped and I cannot show a receipt for a current 90 day report I could be subjected to a fine of ฿5,000.00. What would happen the second time (if the situation wasn't rectified), I don't know.

49 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Because I've been reporting on-line for 4 years I forgot to ask about mail in. The Surin office refused to accept mail in reports initially but that was over 4 years ago. My next report coincides with my application for extension* so I'll do that in person and ask about mail in if I remember.

* My reporting date was 17th April 2021; I reported on 21st. My next reporting date is now 6th June 2021 which is the same date as my extension expires. This appears to be the norm now (at least it is out here in the sticks).

My date was same as you, also went on 21st (yesterday)

New date is 19/7, why have they shorted you?

Did they do that to save you a visit?

30 minutes ago, Saltire said:

My date was same as you, also went on 21st (yesterday)

New date is 19/7, why have they shorted you?

Did they do that to save you a visit?

I guess so. A similar occurrence happened to a friend but that was back in the days before on-line reporting was available. Should I be reading anything into this?

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

These are just low-level clerks, most of the time I don't get any logical answers from them.

Low level clerks? Your funny.

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

I have never ever had a logical answer to any question that is in any way challenging whether it be a "low level" clerk or the highest position available. "Mai roo" (or just make something up so as not to lose face!).

Me: "Why can I not have internet banking?"

Bangkok Bank employee: "Because you don't have a work permit"

Me: "Why do I need a work permit for internet banking?"

Bangkok Bank employee: "Because Head Office say so"

Me: "Have you asked why?"

Bangkok Bank employee: "No"

Me: "Why can I not have internet banking?"

Bangkok Bank manager: "Because Head Office say so".

Me: "Have you asked why?"

Bangkok Bank manager: "No"

Edited by Yorkie
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I have never ever had a logical answer to any question that is in any way challenging whether it be a "low level" clerk or the highest position available. "Mai roo" (or just make something up so as not to lose face!).

Those aren't really 'highest position'.

I once requested to meet with a higher up officer but she sent a young trainee from university (who can speak better English) to speak with me instead, thinking that I couldn't understand her English. ???? I gave up.

It can be a nightmare when dealing with immig. people.

Edited by EricTh