Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

Phuket Immigration

Success ---------- so far ! smile.png

Have completed the online form and have a transaction reference number (TRN)

No apparent problems/difficulty .

Will now await confirmation of acceptance.

How long does CW take to approve using online method normally? Does it get approved on due date or what is window of approval before/after due date?

I submitted 15 days before date 22-Apr, date due is today 06-May and still pending. How long can this pending go on for? I have the PDF document with the Transaction reference number (TRN)/barcode for this PENDING item, so presume it can run for some time yet and I won't be subject to a fine?? How long have members here waited beyond due date? Have members been processed and approved before due date?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How long does CW take to approve using online method normally? Does it get approved on due date or what is window of approval before/after due date?

I submitted 15 days before date 22-Apr, date due is today 06-May and still pending. How long can this pending go on for? I have the PDF document with the Transaction reference number (TRN)/barcode for this PENDING item, so presume it can run for some time yet and I won't be subject to a fine?? How long have members here waited beyond due date? Have members been processed and approved before due date?

Would suggest that for whatever reason the application has not been successful.

You will now have to make the report in person if a fine is to be avoided.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry I don't understand. Why would a fine be due if I have a confirmed transaction code from a report made on time? I'm planning on letting their PENDING status run on until I hear more and was just curious how long this takes from others experience of CW.

Sorry I don't understand. Why would a fine be due if I have a confirmed transaction code from a report made on time? I'm planning on letting their PENDING status run on until I hear more and was just curious how long this takes from others experience of CW.

Up to you as they say! smile.png

Me I would do a report can think of better things to do with 2000Bht than present it to immigration as a fine !

I can understand and sympathise with DB's comments

What if you made a report by registered mail, but for some unknown reason Immigration lost it (has happened)

You can prove Immigration received and signed for it, but at the end of the day you'll still have to visit Immigration in person with another completed TM47 and pick up your receipt for your next report date.

I've never known Immigration fine anyone in this situation.

He's made an electronic report which is in pending status and he has a receipt to confirm that.

OK, he may have to eventually make his report in person, but why would he be fined for late reporting .

Is the situation not just the same as the example I gave for mailing, having complied with the procedure and having a receipt of doing so. The problem is beyond his control and lies with Immigration.

He has a valid argument in my opinion.

• Like 1

100% agree with you that DB has a valid and logical argument.

Unfortunately logic and validitity don't always feature in an argument with an Immigration Officer.

If the Officer in front of you decides that you need to pay a fine then you won't be getting a 90 day receipt until the fine is paid.

Any dispute will be won by the person with the biggest clout, so don't start anything that you can't win.

Might as well apply by post or in person which is what you would do normally anyway.

Remember there are 3 locations for doing the report in Bangkok open for all residents of the city - so a closer location might be an option. My result was the same and also tried every variation I could think of - last entry was 12 years ago and flight number unreadable in passport so tried everything it looked like as well as without..

I didn't know my flight number either without pulling out my old flight itinerary from 8 years ago and previous passport. When looking at my entry stamp on the old passport immigration had also written my arriving flight number on top of the entry stamp...that flight number matched my flight itinerary flight number. But using that flight number or variations of didn't help. But I also noticed the flight number is not coded with an asterisk as a mandatory entry. I've already tried a bunch of variations....will try more....but my gut tells me I will be visiting CW again to do my report and during that visit I'll be asking about the online thing and asking to see what they have loaded in their system on me. It may turn out "they" have a typo in one of my data elements.

Since this online service started in Bangkok, is there a window of time around the 90 day report date one might normally expect a pending status to switch to approved? If I recall the postal service had everyone wait 30 days after the date to get the reply by post before one needed to follow up in person at immigration if it failed. What about the online service?

And exactly my situation as I finally got them on the phone (never answered my email, no surprise) and was told they do not take it by internet yet.

Too late to mail it, which is what I normally do. So a 3 hour drive it is...rats!

Moral of the story = being able to file online does no mean your local office accepts internet filing. Best to call and ask first.

Well I made the trek out to immigration today, having attempted online filing only to have it go through fine but remain forever in "pending" status.

While there I asked them when it will be possible to file online and they said "already can" to which I replied that I had tried and never got confirmation. According to them (Chachoengsao immigration) the problem has nothing to do with their office; they're ready and able to receive online reports but the system is full of bugs.

Sheryl ... maybe an idea to cancel your 'PENDING' status ... the bugs might die and cause even more confusion ... I cancelled my PENDING... just a thought ....

Good point. I did.

Sheryl I just tried to do my 90 day report online I never got past the first page and I doing mine in Chachoegsao and I not think that I made any mistakes on the first page

Since this online service started in Bangkok, is there a window of time around the 90 day report date one might normally expect a pending status to switch to approved? If I recall the postal service had everyone wait 30 days after the date to get the reply by post before one needed to follow up in person at immigration if it failed. What about the online service?

Most pending reports have been approved within 24/48 hours according to members reports.

If something has failed with the system, the only option is to attend in person. The rule for that is 15 days before and 7 days after.

I'd ring CW first though.

100% agree with you that DB has a valid and logical argument.

Unfortunately logic and validitity don't always feature in an argument with an Immigration Officer.

If the Officer in front of you decides that you need to pay a fine then you won't be getting a 90 day receipt until the fine is paid.

Any dispute will be won by the person with the biggest clout, so don't start anything that you can't win.

Might as well apply by post or in person which is what you would do normally anyway.

Yep, that's the other side of the coin.

Problem is posting now becomes an invalid option due to the time frames for reporting.

The only option left is to go in person and that's a real bummer if it's a 4/5 hour round trip that could have been avoided if it weren't for an error beyond your control.

Most pending reports have been approved within 24/48 hours according to members reports.

If something has failed with the system, the only option is to attend in person. The rule for that is 15 days before and 7 days after.

Thanks for the 24/48 hours report. I didn't have any idea how long it should take.

In my case it took 15 days. I just got approved at about 6pm tonight when I checked online. At 5pm I was still pending since 22-Apr. I never contacted them about it - just waited. They didn't email me either,

Is this a record I wonder?

Edited by Digitalbanana

Thanks for the 24/48 hours report. I didn't have any idea how long it should take.

In my case it took 15 days. I just got approved at about 6pm tonight when I checked online. At 5pm I was still pending since 22-Apr. I never contacted them about it - just waited. They didn't email me either,

Is this a record I wonder?

The guidance notes actually state:

• This processing time begins when the Immigration has received your completed application form within 7 working days

With 2 weekends and a 3 day holiday period from the time you submitted your application (22nd April) means you still got the pending status within the guidance timeframe given.............not a record, but hey another successful online report concluded.

Congratulations DB.

Remember there are 3 locations for doing the report in Bangkok open for all residents of the city - so a closer location might be an option. My result was the same and also tried every variation I could think of - last entry was 12 years ago and flight number unreadable in passport so tried everything it looked like as well as without..

I didn't know my flight number either without pulling out my old flight itinerary from 8 years ago and previous passport. When looking at my entry stamp on the old passport immigration had also written my arriving flight number on top of the entry stamp...that flight number matched my flight itinerary flight number. But using that flight number or variations of didn't help. But I also noticed the flight number is not coded with an asterisk as a mandatory entry. I've already tried a bunch of variations....will try more....but my gut tells me I will be visiting CW again to do my report and during that visit I'll be asking about the online thing and asking to see what they have loaded in their system on me. It may turn out "they" have a typo in one of my data elements.

I didn't supply a flight number but was approved anyway.

The guidance notes actually state:

• This processing time begins when the Immigration has received your completed application form within 7 working days

With 2 weekends and a 3 day holiday period from the time you submitted your application (22nd April) means you still got the pending status within the guidance timeframe given.............not a record, but hey another successful online report concluded.

Congratulations DB.

Thanks. As you say, 7 workings days process time is good feedback for next time. Hope this helps anyone waiting at CW.

I didn't supply a flight number but was approved anyway.

I also tried it without a flight number...I've tried all kinds of combinations/variations yesterday....I even tried the passport number I originally entered on....still can't get past the first page. Just tried it again this morning with several variations (which I had probably already tried yesterday)....can't get past the first page...when hitting the submit button on the first page in order to go to the second page the popup appears telling me to contact my local office

If I had to guess, I would guess whatever separate system/server they have the 90 day reporting running on just does not contain my data although my data is in their main system for almost 7 years now (thought it was 8 in my earlier email) I wonder if it has something to do with how long you have been in country without leaving...almost 7 years for me...maybe folks whose last entry say just over the last few years (even though you may have originally entered many years ago) are in the new 90 online reporting system....maybe for folks who been in country for X-years (maybe over 5) have not been loaded? What if people have gotten a new passport since entering (immigration did switch my retirement extension of stay stamp to my new passport a couple years ago)...maybe that's a player? Heck, I'm just what-ifing right now....pulling possible reasons from the air. Well, at least I see others are experiencing my problem also...but glad it working for some.

That has been mentioned by others and I also can not use and last entry was 12 years ago so it may have some validity. But do not really want to obtain a re-entry permit and make a trip in the off-chance of resolving.smile.png

I cannot use and know my flight number.

I also have a barcode on my 90 day receipt.

Mario,

Where you say you have a barcode on your receipt, how is that a player? I have the barcode also.

Under the barcode they have my passport number preceded by USA. I've even tried entering my passport number with USA preceding the number just like on the 90 day receipt barcode...didn't help. I've even tried putting PUSA in front of the number. Tried with and without flight number...tried Other vs entry by Air....I've don't know any more variations to try.

I was hopeful this morning it "might" work because I was hoping maybe being within 14 days of my due reporting date of 21 May would work since their visual calendar example they give in the acceptance instructions shows up to 14 day before although their written instructions say "within" 15 days. Of course 14 is "within" 15 days...but maybe day 15/yesterday when I tried many times they didn't consider as "within." But a couple of tests this morning once again resulted in another big goose egg...I've got a whole basket full already from so many variations/attempts.

I'm definitely in their main database, but I expect this 90 day reporting system is running on a separate server from their main database. If so, what data was used to load that separate database...did it only go X-years back from last entry maybe...was the data manually typed in which means some typos were surely created for some folks...gosh knows.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a person or two which review the 90 day online submission on one monitor which is reading info from that separate server....then they manually compare that data on a separate monitor which is reading info from the main/central database....that person manually updates the main database...then turns to the other monitor to create an approved receipt on the 90 day reporting system for the person to download.

I bet the systems are completely separate to include separate databases and manual updates by an immigration officer occur between the two databases for each report....but I'm guessing.

Each individual Immigration office has it's own database recording the details of foreigners registered in their catchment are.

i.e. For Amnat Charoen the catchment area is Roi Et, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen. It's regional office is Korat.

The new online reporting system is a new centralised system based in Bangkok. Subsequently all information from individual offices has been copied, or is still being copied to the new database.

All online applications are received at the Bangkok database, checked and given 'pending' status'.

Pending status reports are then sent to the main regional office, then forwarded to the individual offices of that region.

In my case, my online report is submitted at Bangkok, sent to Korat who forward it to Amnat Charoen, who then 'approve' or 'reject' my application.

The problem many are facing is because of the technical issues and problems associated with the new database at Bangkok.

The million dollar question is why it works for some and not for others, that's the current problem they are trying to resolve.

The problems don't end there though.

Amnat had over 30 pending applications on their system, (that was 8th of last month) they were visible, but the system wouldn't allow them access to approve them. Since the new system started on April 1st, Amnat approved 1 application then the system 'froze'. I'm guessing other offices have the same problem.

Until Immigration can get the system running as it is supposed to, I think it's to early to speculate on applications not being accepted because of typo errors etc, although I am sure those kind of errors will follow when we have a fully operational system.

Basically the new system is broke and needs fixing!

Any foreign IT designers or programmers out there with a WP gigglem.gif

Edited by Faz
  • Like 2

I'm trying this today, and I can not get passed step one, all I get is a message that says for further information i should contact immigration.

OK...you meet the membership requirements to join the "Can't Get Pass The First Page Club" I'm starting.

Same problem for me.. While almost all my tries were using IE11 or Win 8.1...I even tried Chrome the same results...I even tried IE11 on Win 7. And I even tried running IE with emulation set to IE8 thinking maybe the system was developed for old version of IE. I've tried for 3 days now...on day 15, 14, 13 before my reporting date...no joy. Tried more possible variations of page 1 entries than a super computer could have come up with. I've pretty much given up...will visit CW in a week or so to report and ask also if anyone can help with my online reporting problem....at a minimum I'm going to ask to personally see what entries they have loaded on me...hopefully they will show me...maybe I'll spot an error in their data causing my problem. Then again, it's probably just another problem with their system. I sure hope they can work out the bugs, but I know things can move slowly in Thailand.

I'm trying this today, and I can not get passed step one, all I get is a message that says for further information i should contact immigration.

OK...you meet the membership requirements to join the "Can't Get Pass The First Page Club" I'm starting.

Same problem for me.. While almost all my tries were using IE11 or Win 8.1...I even tried Chrome the same results...I even tried IE11 on Win 7. And I even tried running IE with emulation set to IE8 thinking maybe the system was developed for old version of IE. I've tried for 3 days now...on day 15, 14, 13 before my reporting date...no joy. Tried more possible variations of page 1 entries than a super computer could have come up with. I've pretty much given up...will visit CW in a week or so to report and ask also if anyone can help with my online reporting problem....at a minimum I'm going to ask to personally see what entries they have loaded on me...hopefully they will show me...maybe I'll spot an error in their data causing my problem. Then again, it's probably just another problem with their system. I sure hope they can work out the bugs, but I know things can move slowly in Thailand.

Great, sign me up for membership #2 I prepare and send in my report with post

Edited by Eaglekott