Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

Honest question as I know the always helpful Ubonjoe already stated this but since I recently pointed out, they claim they want the mailed in report 15 days or earlier before the due date, my mail in got to them on Weds the 5th, due date is 11th. That is exactly 7 days. Am I 100% fine with this? I have been calling ever since and never ever get through to anyone.

21 hours ago, hotchilli said:

My last attempt at doing my online report succeeded after multiple times.... with instant approval.

This time using exactly the same info it has so far been impossible to get beyond step one. 

Infuriating to say the least.

What page are you stuck on?  Take a picture of this page with your phone before submitting. Black out your name and passport number.  Post the picture here.  Did you leave the country after your last approval?  Change addresses? Change gender?

If you feel risky.  Send picture with nothing blacked out.  Offer a 1000 baht Lazada gift card for the person that gets the approval.  I bet someone figures it out.  Even a calm idiot is wiser than an irate genius.

Here is my guess.  There is database table for 90 Day Reporting that is linked to other visa table by passport number.  This is why you can't submit your first 90 day report on line after a visa.  No information is in the table.  

Now lets say you get a new passport number, new tm7, change addresses.  I bet the programmer's code only updates the main visa tables and not the 90 day report table.  

Solution for those that got a prior approval would be to go to the online and check the status of the the 90 day report. Find your last approval and submit the information exactly how it was submitted on the prior approval regardless of accuracy.

Edited by atpeace

5 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Here is my guess.  There is database table for 90 Day Reporting that is linked to other visa table by passport number.  This is why you can't submit your first 90 day report on line after a visa.  No information is in the table.  

Now lets say you get a new passport number, new tm7, change addresses.  I bet the programmer's code only updates the main visa tables and not the 90 day report table.  

Solution for those that got a prior approval would be to check the status of the 90 day report and submit the information exactly how it was submitted on the prior approval regardless of accuracy.

I've tried that, my last 90 day report after numerous days and multiple daily attempts was finally approved.

This time I have checked the last submitted details and entered the very same again this time... it will not pass step one yet again..

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I've tried that, my last 90 day report after numerous days and multiple daily attempts was finally approved.

This time I have checked the last submitted details and entered the very same again this time... it will not pass step one yet again..

Spaces between words? Abbreviations rd. vs road..... Also, there might be a number of attempts limit which we would never know about because of the silly "Report to Local Immigration" message. Wouldn't  it be so nice if the message was "Too Many Attempts - Report To Immigration."  A child could produce better code and it wouldn't take any longer to produce than this mess of an application.

30 minutes ago, atpeace said:

exactly how it was submitted on the prior approval regardless of accuracy.

I'm not certain that knowingly providing false or inaccurate information is a good idea?

If an individual chooses to do this, no problem, but I would not recommend it.

FWIW, the 'old passport hack' has been around for ages. 

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I'm not certain that knowingly providing false or inaccurate information is a good idea?

If an individual chooses to do this, no problem, but I would not recommend it.

FWIW, the 'old passport hack' has been around for ages. 

Old passport hack? If putting an old passport number works, it is only because the 90 day report table contains your old passport number and wasn't updated.  Not a hack in the sense you are tricking the system.  You are just working with the error in the system. 

Again., we will never know unless the error message is supplied.  Hell, if only we were supplied with the error message in Thai.  We can use google translate.

1 hour ago, atpeace said:

Spaces between words? Abbreviations rd. vs road..... Also, there might be a number of attempts limit which we would never know about because of the silly "Report to Local Immigration" message. Wouldn't  it be so nice if the message was "Too Many Attempts - Report To Immigration."  A child could produce better code and it wouldn't take any longer to produce than this mess of an application.

As I said previously, the information is exactly the same as last time, presented in exactly the same way... no changes.

That was accepted [eventually] this time after 7 days and multiple tries it will not go beyond step one/page one.

I called my local immigration office to report the constant failure and to ask if there was an issue with the system, the answer was no it's up and running as normal.. to which I then asked

"why will it not except my application as the information is exactly the same as last time with no changes".

She said she couldn't answer that as the system is based at headquarters and they have no influence over it.

I then asked, so if i use the "national system" and I cannot get past page one then when I go in person to the office the officer can use my passport number, enter information and give me a new 90 day slip in about 2 minutes, what system is he using?

A long silence...... I don't know came the answer, with the advice to keep trying and see what happens.

So if it doesn't work within the time frame what do I do I asked?

Come to the office in person came her answer.
I said due to Covid in the area I don't want to be outside unless I really have to... do you think that's wise to ask people to travel during the pandemic... silence again.

Well you could post the application sir, came the next advice.

My expiry date is next Tuesday, so it's too late to post, plus I don't want to go into town, or sit in the post office and catch Covid, silence again.

Just keep trying and if not you will have to come here sir... as you have to report your address.

Madam I said, I have reported my address is the same 52 times now, it has never changed as I have never moved. 

Sorry sir, this is the system she said... and the system is evidently not working for me I replied..

See you next Tuesday.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

As I said previously, the information is exactly the same as last time, presented in exactly the same way... no changes.

That was accepted [eventually] this time after 7 days and multiple tries it will not go beyond step one/page one.

Just trying to help and show some empathy.  Won't risk offending you and asking anything more.  Good luck and stay safe.

1 hour ago, atpeace said:

Just trying to help and show some empathy.  Won't risk offending you and asking anything more.  Good luck and stay safe.

No offence taken, likewise stay safe & sane.

Today 11/5/21 I tried to submit my 90-day notification. My due date is 19/5/21. After I filled the first page and clicked the submit button, I get an error message (attached). I tried several times.

I'm staying in Bangkok. The last time (`3 months ago) I was also unable to submit my notification and went to MTT (Muang Thong Tani).

What are my options now? Should I go to MTT, Chaeng Wattana (or some other place) again? 

Is it feasible to call them to find out what's the problem? If yes, what the phone number?

2021-05-11_122730.jpg

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MikeWill said:

Today 11/5/21 I tried to submit my 90-day notification. My due date is 19/5/21. After I filled the first page and clicked the submit button, I get an error message (attached). I tried several times.

Double check all the info you entered is correct.

Use the dropdown menu for nationality and the date of last entry. All the letters and numbers of your arrival card.

Only complete the required fields on page one. A common mistake is your flight number that is not required.

If you can't do it online you will need to do it in person at the Muang Thong Thani office.

1 hour ago, MikeWill said:

Today 11/5/21 similar story... unable to do my 90 day check online for the last 2-weeks...

it  failed to go beyond page one and I got the same message.

I did call the local office last week and they said just keep trying until almost the due date then go to the office in person.

They said as far as they were concerned the system is working, but they have no influence over it at the local office. 

When  completing the first page it auto-completes with the same info as last time [which did work]???

Went to the office this morning, handed the officer my passport, 2 minutes later he handed back my new 90 day slip/passport.

I wonder what system he logs onto?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MikeWill said:

What office did you go hotchilli ?

I live in Nakhon Pathom so my local office is in Rai Khing... not much help to you I think if you're in Bkk.

But I did wonder how he can log in and do it yet I cannot.. do they have a different system to use?

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

But I did wonder how he can log in and do it yet I cannot.. do they have a different system to use?

They have there own standalone system at the office.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 12:29 PM, ubonjoe said:

I get this when I open the app (android). Strange yours is different.

image.png.a446ea3be10d8a454428661f0cc3b551.png

Hi Ubonjoe,

I have not been able to do 90 day reports online or on the app since my last visa extension in October 2020.  I have to go to Chaeng Wattana and each time they tell me it will work next time.  I just tried again for my next one on 25 May and it doesn't work again. Online I get a message to contact my local immigration office, and on the app "permit date on the passport must not over stay".

When I look at your screenprint above I see that my Permit Date is last year and the same date as my visa extension.  Do you know if this is the cause of my issues?  I saw you mention something about this on a different thread, but I couldn't find any more details.  I called the call centre and they were much help.  I would really appreciate any help you could give me.

image.png.516f80e0518bddc16d0b705a21c3837d.png

22 minutes ago, birkulator said:

I have not been able to do 90 day reports online or on the app since my last visa extension in October 2020.  I have to go to Chaeng Wattana and each time they tell me it will work next time.  I just tried again for my next one on 25 May and it doesn't work again. Online I get a message to contact my local immigration office, and on the app "permit date on the passport must not over stay".

I assume that is the problem causing you not to be able to the report online. Others have had the same problem.

Not sure why it should matter since your local office has a record of your reports. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume that is the problem causing you not to be able to the report online. Others have had the same problem.

Not sure why it should matter since your local office has a record of your reports. 

Thanks Ubonjoe.  Is there any solution for it?  I am really reluctant to go to Chaeng Wattana at the moment.

My last report was done at MTT since I could not do it online. The IO stated I would be able to do it online next time. This time failed again both using the internet site and app. Same as last time. There has to be some issue with the database since the app still shows I am 19X days overstay and the online system gives the usual "see Immigration."

5 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Just tried on pc, told to contact local office.

Tried via app, states to be made within 15 days prior, which it is ? (11 days actually).

So no success with either method.

Ugh, sorry to hear this.  I am hoping that by the time mine comes do whatever bugs are still in the system have been eliminated.  Wishing you the best.

4 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

My last report was done at MTT since I could not do it online. The IO stated I would be able to do it online next time. This time failed again ...

Exactly as happened to me.