Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

On 11/8/2021 at 5:42 PM, Yorkie said:

And potentially keeps assisting the spread of Covid-19.

BTW. This was the second time at MMT that I haven't seen soap in the toilet. Neither men's nor ladies'. In times of covid19. Good job and good luck, Thai government! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/7/2021 at 6:18 AM, blindcloud said:

I've been trying to report online all week with no success. I saw one post by Eff1n2ret on Thursday mentioning successful use of the online service. Everyone else is saying it is not progressing past the first page, which is also my own experience.

I last did my report online in May, then in August it wouldn't progress past the first page online, so I did it in person. Now I’m in the same situation again. It’s so frustrating, how many months or years will it take for a basic reporting system to work, or even produce relevant error messages!

I just tried a few moments ago and like you found that I could not get past the first page. It worked a few months ago (9 months I suppose) but the last couple of times it has not and not this time either. As you say, it's very frustrating. It's a 1.5 hour round trip drive for me, just to tell them that nothing has changed

Edited by ThaSalaPaul

11 minutes ago, ThaSalaPaul said:

................ just to tell them that nothing has changed

When I go to Surin Immigration I don't even tell them that; and they don't ask!

Just hand over my passport and the information therein is logged onto the computer and 5 minutes later, the passport is handed back to me. No questions asked.

Did my yearly ext. recently , because the 5 officers behind the screen had nothing to do , they picked through my application.

Wanted a photocopy my TM30 receipt from 3 years ago. (New Ask )

Had to fill in a STM 2 form "Acknowledgement of terms and conditions for permit of temporary stay in the kingdom of Thailand " Second time in 3 years.

Another form to fill in and sign " Acknowledgement of Penalties for a Visa overstay " Second time in 3 years.

At the end , I was given a photo copy of my TM7 that I had submitted and made to sign the copies .

What that is about I do not know . 

• Like 2

Just tried to file 90 day online as usual, got this after submitting the first page:  "For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area."  Refreshed the captcha, tried again, same result.

Any idea why? 

Background:  I live in Koh Phangan.  Did my retirement extension in January at Samui Immigration.  At the same time filed a 90-day in person there.  Then went back to Canada in March, and returned this past August to Phuket for the sandbox, then back to Koh Phangan, same address as notified in January.  (The 90-day I filed before last was online in Nov. 2020 while living in BKK, different address - but that seems irrelevant since as stated I filed one in person with my current address, in Jan. 2021).

image.png

Edited by TerraplaneGuy

On 11/7/2021 at 9:26 AM, ubonjoe said:

Have you applied for a extension of stay since your last successful online report? 

Whether or not the online report is successful  is dependent upon the system your local office is using.

The mobile app for online report has more than one message on it. If you have applied for a new extension at some offices it will give you a message you are on a overstay.

You may have seen my post of today, I couldn't get past p. 1 of the online submission and yes, I got an extension of stay since my last online report - although I filed an in-person 90 day at the same time as my extension, both using my current address, so I expected the online now would work perfectly.   Any idea why not?

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

When I go to Surin Immigration I don't even tell them that; and they don't ask!

Just hand over my passport and the information therein is logged onto the computer and 5 minutes later, the passport is handed back to me. No questions asked.

I was speaking metaphorically, I didn't mean that I actually say to them "oh by the way nothing has changed" ????.

Luckily my Immigration office is very friendly. The usual dialogue is THEM: "90 day?" ME "yep" followed by handing over my passport. They take it, then bash, bash, bash, stamp and hand it back

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

You may have seen my post of today, I couldn't get past p. 1 of the online submission and yes, I got an extension of stay since my last online report - although I filed an in-person 90 day at the same time as my extension, both using my current address, so I expected the online now would work perfectly.   Any idea why not?

I cannot add anything to I wrote in topic you quoted.

Trying the mobile app might answer your questions. A link for Android and Apple apps is posted in the first post of this topic.

5 hours ago, NE1 said:

Another form to fill in and sign " Acknowledgement of Penalties for a Visa overstay " Second time in 3 years.

If this form wasn't filled in and signed would it follow that you are not subject to said visa overstay penalties?

Utter nonsense.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NE1 said:

Did my yearly ext. recently , because the 5 officers behind the screen had nothing to do , they picked through my application.

Wanted a photocopy my TM30 receipt from 3 years ago. (New Ask )

Had to fill in a STM 2 form "Acknowledgement of terms and conditions for permit of temporary stay in the kingdom of Thailand " Second time in 3 years.

At the end , I was given a photo copy of my TM7 that I had submitted and made to sign the copies .

What that is about I do not know . 

I always keep those two handy, just in case...

1096069214_Epson_Scan_1741000.thumb.jpg.5f2288d1bb3837bf7b484a09ed61776f.jpg1976311075_Epson_Scan_1731000.thumb.jpg.e426d19a612cb61c7d661851eeb6dff0.jpg

• Like 1

After seeing a few more reports that the on-line system was working I made another attempt, and having looked at a previous submission (to check if the system was working) I noticed that I'd been incorrectly typing the Arrival Card # (memory obviously not as good as it was...??).  Anyway, I applied and accepted OK on Tuesday, with the approval this morning.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I cannot add anything to I wrote in topic you quoted.

Trying the mobile app might answer your questions. A link for Android and Apple apps is posted in the first post of this topic.

Thanks, I downloaded the app now and tried it, same result except the error message is a bit more informative:  "Arrival information not found .... contact the Immigration Branch ..."  I suspect the problem is that when I arrived back in the Phuket Sandbox in August my TM6 was not processed properly.  The whole procedure was very rushed.  I'll have to drop by my IB and see if they can straighten it out.

Hi all,

When you re-enter the country after a trip abroad on a Non-O extension of stay, I understand that your 90 day reporting period gets reset to 0. How is the 90 days calculated for when I then next have to report (i.e. does it include public holidays etc.) .

I assume there is no way to get a slip to say when you next need to report after you go through immigration at the airport right? Also I assume I would have go in person to the IO or do by post for my next 90 day report in this situation and not online. Is that correct?

21 minutes ago, mezpow said:

When you re-enter the country after a trip abroad on a Non-O extension of stay, I understand that your 90 day reporting period gets reset to 0. How is the 90 days calculated for when I then next have to report (i.e. does it include public holidays etc.) .

I assume there is no way to get a slip to say when you next need to report after you go through immigration at the airport right? Also I assume I would have go in person to the IO or do by post for my next 90 day report in this situation and not online. Is that correct?

Everyday is part of the 90 days from the day you enter the country. You could use 3 months and subtract a few days for the 31 day months. You can do the report in person up to 7 days after the report date.

You cannot get a slip at the airport.

You may be able to do the 90 day online since it would start a new reporting record due to you having a new entry date and TM6 number. The only problem could be that you local office could deny it.

• Thanks 1

So it would be best to go to IO around the reporting time period it seems.

After the IO has updated the 90 day reporting, should it automatically update in the system so next time I can do it online? How do I get them to check it has. I am based in Asoke Bangkok and it would be a bit inconvinient having to go to Chaeng Wattana every 90 days and a bit worried using the postal system to get a form sent and turned around incase it were to get lost in transit.

3 minutes ago, mezpow said:

After the IO has updated the 90 day reporting, should it automatically update in the system so next time I can do it online? How do I get them to check it has. I am based in Asoke Bangkok and it would be a bit inconvinient having to go to Chaeng Wattana every 90 days and a bit worried using the postal system to get a form sent and turned around incase it were to get lost in transit.

How long is a string?  Some reports get updated correctly - some do not - no rhyme or reason apparent and there seems to be no way to know without divine intervention.  This mess is beyond the beyond and not helped by software that seems to make everything harder than it should be.  For the last two years of pandemic - when people should be not required to congregate - we have faced this and it is still not fixed.  For those with smartphones and using app apparently you are listed as overstay when report not properly filed so at least you know - but still can not make a report using it.

Postal is an option - but almost all are taking longer than the suggested one month to follow up if receipt not received - so people are still having to visit immigration office if they do not wait longer.  If using be sure to send registered or EMS and keep tracking receipt - with that if receipt lost in transit at least you can obtain a copy with visit later.  

28 minutes ago, mezpow said:

I am based in Asoke Bangkok .... a bit worried using the postal system to get a form sent and turned around incase it were to get lost in transit.

I'm not worried at all!

I also use Asoke area as a mailing address. Use reg mail to confirm delivery to them and if no return mail on time, exactly 90 days from my last mail in I shall mail in the next with old reg mail receipt and confirmed tracking as signed for at CW from the Thai Post web site.

41 minutes ago, mezpow said:

After the IO has updated the 90 day reporting, should it automatically update in the system so next time I can do it online?

Your new entry date and TM6 number will start a new online reporting record when you do the first report.

If you go to immigration (or mail it in) to do the report they would do the report using your new entry date and TM6 number you put on the TM47 form. That way they will have a record of you reporting with the new entry date and TM6 number.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

If you have renewed your 12 month extension between reports it seems it will no longer work, I last reported online in August and renewed my extension since then - I tried online reporting these past 2 weeks and it will not work, when I tried it using the android app it reported that I was on 3xx days overstay so the 90 day report

That depends upon what system the office you are reporting to is using. 

I applied for my extension in August and did a 90 day report using the app in early September and to it was intanly approved.

The popup message still showed my old permit to stay date until after I did the report and then it showed my new extension date after doing the report. Go back a few pages to September 4th and look at my post about it in this topic.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon what system the office you are reporting to is using. 

I applied for my extension in August and did a 90 day report using the app in early September and to it was intanly approved.

The popup message still showed my old permit to stay date until after I did the report and then it showed my new extension date after doing the report. Go back a few pages to September 4th and look at my post about it in this topic.

pretty similar to me but my 90 day report was due weeks after (Nov) my new extension date - my last online report was still based on my old extension date and worked fine, I use the Jomtien office

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

pretty similar to me but my 90 day report was due weeks after (Nov) my new extension date - my last online report was still based on my old extension date and worked fine, I use the Jomtien office

But the popup message when opening the app showed overstay normal but it showed my old extension date and I was able to do the report.

Apparently not the same if the popup message showed you as being on overstay instead of normal.

I posted screenshots of the old and new popup in my post about it.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But the popup message when opening the app showed overstay normal but it showed my old extension date and I was able to do the report.

Apparently not the same if the popup message showed you as being on overstay instead of normal.

I posted screenshots of the old and new popup in my post about it.

I did actually try the app for the first time ever but it just said something about overstay - I didn't really pay much attention to it as it failed just like the computer application - didn't notice any dates though, I will have to wait 90 days now to try again

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

I did actually try the app for the first time ever but it just said something about overstay - I didn't really pay much attention to it as it failed just like the computer application - didn't notice any dates though, I will have to wait 90 days now to try again

Anytime you open the app you should get the popup message that shows your permit to stay date and status.

This is the one I get now. It was the same after my extension before I did a new report except that it showed 2021.

image.png.df1b71b40f76afe41d14e7313594f2d2.png

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Anytime you open the app you should get the popup message that shows your permit to stay date and status.

This is the one I get now. It was the same after my extension before I did a new report except that it showed 2021.

My permit date still shows the year 2020, and does not appear to have been updated in 2 years even though my overstay status says Normal.....Very strange

17 minutes ago, smedly said:

here is the wierd thing, I always apply for my extension early so it was approved 3 weeks before it was due - new one dated on the date of when it was due as normal 2022........................ I just checked my last approved online report which was done before my old extention expired and the approval page is showing on the last line .....................Stay Permitted Date as - 2022 my new extension date, so at that time the online system was using my new extension date in 2022 - try and figure that one out 

I am even more confused 

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

no it doesn't show that when I log in - but my above post is even more confusing

If I search the app for my last 90 day report approval using my passport etc it comes up as no record found

If I use the PC web URL it shows all my last 6 reports, so that would lead me to believe that they are now using the same system as the app but my records are not in there yet, they have not migrated across - maybe if I had used the app for my 90 day report in August it would have my record, who knows but either way it is a very poor implementation if they have indeed changed systems

Edited by smedly
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

no it doesn't show that when I log in - but my above post is even more confusing

App on android or apple? I have a android tablet/phone.

Not sure but it could be a problem in the app settings blocking popups.

When you do the report online it will show the "stay permitted date" that you entered when doing the application.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

App on android or apple? I have a android tablet/phone.

Not sure but it could be a problem in the app settings blocking popups.

When you do the report online it will show the "stay permitted date" that you entered when doing the application.

android and no it doesn't block anything - it is clear that my records are not in the database that the app uses but my details are in the datatbase that the website uses - simple enquiry on both shows my full 90 days approvals on the website and no record found using the app - whatever database the app uses I do not exist