Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

18 minutes ago, smedly said:

android and no it doesn't block anything - it is clear that my records are not in the database that the app uses but my details are in the datatbase that the website uses - simple enquiry on both shows my full 90 days approvals on the website and no record found using the app - whatever database the app uses I do not exist

The records are stored in the same database.

When using the online site to check status using my passport number, nationality and date of birth it shows my online and app reports.

I could also use the reference number on the app for one of my online reports and show it there.

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The records are stored in the same database.

When using the online site to check status using my passport number, nationality and date of birth it shows my online and app reports.

I could also use the reference number on the app for one of my online reports and show it there.

as I explained that is not the same experience for me - the app clearly shows - no record found

I don't know what else to tell you

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

as I explained that is not the same experience for me - the app clearly shows - no record found

I don't know what else to tell you

Is the data exactly the same as you provided online or on TM47?  I just installed the app and it did indeed find my data (and says I am overstay 125 days explaining why I would not file online last two tries).  

18 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Is the data exactly the same as you provided online or on TM47?  I just installed the app and it did indeed find my data (and says I am overstay 125 days explaining why I would not file online last two tries).  

identical, I put exactly the same info into the app, pass No, DOB, nationality, and it returns - no record found

my last online report shows my new extension date 2022 - that is what is very strange

I even filled out the app again today as if I was doing a 90 day report even though I already did it a few days ago in the office and it just says something about overstay not allowed 

If my last online report (Aug) shows my 2022 new 12 month extension date then the question remains - why was I not able to do an online report over the last 10 days or so, it can't be anything to do with my new extension as my last report clearly shows that new date

The whole thing is a mess

It could be that the app isn't working because of some permissions - the app not working is only a distraction to the real issue I have now uninstalled it anyway - the main point here is why can I not do online reporting from the web based portal if it already registered my new extension date 

Edited by smedly

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

identical, I put exactly the same info into the app, pass No, DOB, nationality, and it returns - no record found

I was not asked for passport number by APP I installed.  But it found my passport number from the bio data I did input when I signed on.  

Edited by lopburi3

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I was not asked for passport number by APP I installed.  But it found my passport number from the bio data I did input when I signed on.  

I have never used the app for anything before - so how could it find any data - your sign in is a password and an email 

1 minute ago, smedly said:

I have never used the app for anything before - so how could it find any data - your sign in is a password and an email 

Once you register it has your name/DOB/sex/nationality/country information and seems to use that to find data - expect if you have no database entry it would ask for data but in my case found the information and reported it when I first signed on after registration and email activation response.

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Once you register it has your name/DOB/sex/nationality/country information and seems to use that to find data - expect if you have no database entry it would ask for data but in my case found the information and reported it when I first signed on after registration and email activation response.

I put all that info in when I registered and got the email response and approved - nothing since then

I guess there's a slim chance I put something in incorrectly but I doubt it

still this isn't really about the app is it - it's about not being able to do it online when the system clearly has my updated extension date for 2022

Edited by smedly

14 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Cannot you do it by post?

Maybe or maybe not if you want to try online.

Not if you play by the rules.  Report online 15 days prior to day due.  Report by mail not less than 15 days prior day due.  

Maybe Bangkok will allow one report as late as 7 days prior but you will get a red notice to not do it again.  

17 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Maybe or maybe not if you want to try online.

I was referring to the need to travel 80km round trip as pointed out by the op. FWIW I also have at least an 80km round trip to do my 90 day at CW. I test online and if not working post it same day or day after. Never been an issue with post.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

I was referring to the need to travel 80km round trip as pointed out by the op. FWIW I also have at least an 80km round trip to do my 90 day at CW. I test online and if not working post it same day or day after. Never been an issue with post.

I'm not convinced that all regional offices accept postal applications. Mine (Surin) didn't a few years ago although they may do now.

Edited by Yorkie
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Cannot you do it by post?n

19 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Cannot you do it by post?

I could and have been encouraged to do so but I still prefer to go there myself rather than rely on the post office. Besides, the paperwork requirements for reporting by mail each time is ridiculous.

I plain forgot to post our 2 reports, in time. So, I drove down to NST, yesterday.  In and out in 5 minutes. Brought a red pomelo fruit for jai dee. jeez those are expensive, atm, Must be the flooding. met some friends last evening. same question as so many ask here, why did you not do it online?. my answer, as always, is: do i really want to rely on Thailand minus 3.0 government internet reporting system?. nope! life is too short.

50 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

I could and have been encouraged to do so but I still prefer to go there myself rather than rely on the post office. Besides, the paperwork requirements for reporting by mail each time is ridiculous.

You have to send TM47, original receipt, copies of passport data/visa/extensions/arrival card (6 pieces of paper for me) and stamped return envelope.  Once done they seem to be returning paperwork at Bangkok so next time same batch plus new TM47/envelope.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

You have to send TM47, original receipt, copies of passport data/visa/extensions/arrival card (6 pieces of paper for me) and stamped return envelope.  Once done they seem to be returning paperwork at Bangkok so next time same batch plus new TM47/envelope.

Good response. I mean, its not that bad,, is it? Try living on an immigrant visa in India or Guatemala. ????My list of paperwork: TM47, Photo page of passport, first entry stamp on arrival, showing my retirement status, most recent visa extension, arrival card, arrival stamp in passport (our IO officer is picky),  and SAE, pre-stamped self addressed envelope for EMS service (35 baht, i think). again, we deal with one pickly m/f .  Not a big deal. you could be living in Baghdad. ????

3 hours ago, Anant72 said:

Besides, the paperwork requirements for reporting by mail each time is ridiculous.

Personally I find the paperwork negligible to doing an 80km round trip in Bangkok, but respect your own view.

Another point is an 80km round trip is a larger carbon foot print than going to a post office. I always choose post and plant some more hydroponic cress in the condo to offset my excess paperwork. Indeed I like to send as much paper as I can to keep the shelves full at the receivers end for what seems like an archaic procedure. More cress for me as a bonus.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Personally I find the paperwork negligible to doing an 80km round trip in Bangkok, but respect your own view.

Another point is an 80km round trip is a larger carbon foot print than going to a post office. I always choose post and plant some more hydroponic cress in the condo to offset my excess paperwork. Indeed I like to send as much paper as I can to keep the shelves full at the receivers end for what seems like an archaic procedure. More cress for me as a bonus.

I’ll keep that in mind.

For the first time ever in 10+ years I did the mail option. It seems to be more relaxed now (I'm sure they used to require posting the original passport). And they told me at Mong Thani to ignore the +7days requirement (even Day 0 was ok). 

The online is messed up since my extension (as it is for loads of other people) back in July.

My question: does the mail option resolve the database issues in the same way that completing the form at Chaeng Wattana whilst doing an extension (though not at Mong Thani) seems to do? Or am I doomed to mail extensions until July 2022?

My App shows a 120+ days "overstay" now.

On 11/11/2021 at 8:05 AM, ThaSalaPaul said:

I just tried a few moments ago and like you found that I could not get past the first page. It worked a few months ago (9 months I suppose) but the last couple of times it has not and not this time either. As you say, it's very frustrating. It's a 1.5 hour round trip drive for me, just to tell them that nothing has changed

I posted before about this... and again.. there is no reason or why.. some tricks work sometimes others not.....  as most thai and even others gov sites... just a waste of space.... must take a lot of effort to find this class of webmaster...

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

For the first time ever in 10+ years I did the mail option. It seems to be more relaxed now (I'm sure they used to require posting the original passport). And they told me at Mong Thani to ignore the +7days requirement (even Day 0 was ok). 

The online is messed up since my extension (as it is for loads of other people) back in July.

My question: does the mail option resolve the database issues in the same way that completing the form at Chaeng Wattana whilst doing an extension (though not at Mong Thani) seems to do? Or am I doomed to mail extensions until July 2022?

My App shows a 120+ days "overstay" now.

It does not appear to solve anything - my mail report was processed weeks ago but show overstay on app.  

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It does not appear to solve anything - my mail report was processed weeks ago but show overstay on app.  

As I have written before it appears to depend upon what system the office you are reporting to is using.

Did my extension in August and did a report in September using the app. It showed my old permit to stay date but overstay normal. Did a report and changed my stay date to the new one and got instant approval. After doing the report the stay to date showed my new one.

All normal yesterday when I did another report using the app and again got instant approval.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As I have written before it appears to depend upon what system the office you are reporting to is using.

Did my extension in August and did a report in September using the app. It showed my old permit to stay date but overstay normal. Did a report and changed my stay date to the new one and got instant approval. After doing the report the stay to date showed my new one.

All normal yesterday when I did another report using the app and again got instant approval.

Question was for Bangkok and my response was based on that.  Says I am 130 days overstay (which means my last extension in June at CW for July 15 was not entered into 90 day database and doing 90 day reporting not updating that).

20 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

what next due date does your new 90 day confirmation slip show? or are you on a different topic to the original OP. ? I always make a copy of our 90 day slips, (wife and I)  before mailing them to IO with the new TM47. been here 25 years now, never had any of the problems described by some posters here. (The KISS principle).

15 minutes ago, paddypower said:

what next due date does your new 90 day confirmation slip show? or are you on a different topic to the original OP. ? I always make a copy of our 90 day slips, (wife and I)  before mailing them to IO with the new TM47. been here 25 years now, never had any of the problems described by some posters here. (The KISS principle).

Next due 31 Jan 2022.  Last due date was 1 Nov 2021 for report processed on 2 August and was processed on 01 Nov,  Was mailed on 13 October/received 14 October.   Receipt received last week.  

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Next due 31 Jan 2022.  Last due date was 1 Nov 2021 for report processed on 2 August and was processed on 01 Nov,  Was mailed on 13 October/received 14 October.   Receipt received last week.  

So, you're in good nick?