BANGKOK 16 February 2019 14:29
Jonathan Fairfield

Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

On 1/17/2019 at 11:59 AM, ubonjoe said:

1. You could submit it but it probably would not be approved by immigration since you have not of done one before which would mean you would have no record in their system.

2. That means you record was not found. That normally means you made an error when submitting the info. One the common errors is not using the drop down menu for your nationality. Also you should only complete the required fields which reduces the chance of an error.

I think you will need to do it in person.

A completed TM47 form and your passport should be all that is needed if you applied for an extension there. Download and complete this. TM47 Form Fillable.pdf

1. I entered the arrival card no. & flight no. without spaces

2. Used the drop down box for my nationality

3. Am within the 15 - 7 day window 

3. Used Chrome & IE

STILL no dice...

Resigned to having to schlep down to Soi 5, Jomtien &  expedite this personally 

Just 2 q's:

1. When does have to occur (day 89; day 90 or day 91)?

2. Exactly what documentation will I need to submit:

- Obviously passport, departure card & completed TM47 form

-  Will I need to submit a TM28/30 form (registering my address)? (I don't have a business here in Thighland)

I should mention I have an O-A 1 year (retirement) visa issued from the Thai Embassy, Canberra & I've never been to the immigration offices in Jomtien

Cheers

8 minutes ago, swordfisch said:

1. I entered the arrival card no. & flight no. without spaces

2. Used the drop down box for my nationality

3. Am within the 15 - 7 day window 

3. Used Chrome & IE

STILL no dice...

Resigned to having to schlep down to Soi 5, Jomtien &  expedite this personally 

Just 2 q's:

1. When does have to occur (day 89; day 90 or day 91)?

2. Exactly what documentation will I need to submit:

- Obviously passport, departure card & completed TM47 form

-  Will I need to submit a TM28/30 form (registering my address)? (I don't have a business here in Thighland)

I should mention I have an O-A 1 year (retirement) visa issued from the Thai Embassy, Canberra & I've never been to the immigration offices in Jomtien

Cheers

1.  you can go between 7 days early to 7 days late.

2.1 Yes - as listed.

2.2 You should have submitted a TM28 (maybe), and your residence owner/houseowner (which could be you) a TM30 as soon as you moved in.  For this you (or your landlord) will need loads more stuff depending where you are actually staying.. and expect to pay a fine for not doing so immediately.

Most likely you were unable to do your 90 day on-line since you've not submitted a TM30 previously.

11 hours ago, steve73 said:

It has been 15 before to 7 days after for years now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, steve73 said:

2.1 Yes - as listed.

2.2 You should have submitted a TM28 (maybe), and your residence owner/houseowner (which could be you) a TM30 as soon as you moved in.  For this you (or your landlord) will need loads more stuff depending where you are actually staying.. and expect to pay a fine for not doing so immediately.

Most likely you were unable to do your 90 day on-line since you've not submitted a TM30 previously.

15 days before,

just did mine 15 days in advance on monday;

also dont need put in flight details

dont need submit anything

use chrome

Note FYI my gf is on L-A visa and before i couldn't do her 90days online

now i  can (thank u immigration)

Edited by phuketrichard

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It has been 15 before to 7 days after for years now.

Thanks OJ (& PR), I wasn't aware of that.

I've always done my 90-day on-line (except when I've missed the window), or when extending.

I'm planning to extend next month, close to 30 days early (in case of problems), & will be doing my 90 day at the same time...

Hi, I need guidance on how to file the 90-day report for a first-time user:

1. As this is my first time to file a 90-day report, can I do it online?

2. Where can I file the report online?

3. If online reporting is not possible for first-time user, where are the locations in Bangkok that I can visit personally to file the report?

4. I'm on a Non-O Marriage Visa, living in a Bangkok condo that is in my Thai wife's name. Do I or my wife need to submit the TM30 form and by when?

5. For the TM47 report, what documents do I need to submit/present to file the 90-day report?

Appreciate any help or guidance. Cheers. 

Separate question:  Is there any problem with submitting the report online just because you were out of the country on the last due date, with the result that the clock "re-set" on your re-entry and therefore there could be a considerable (say 6 month) gap between reports?  I file at Chaeng Wattana.

8 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Separate question:  Is there any problem with submitting the report online just because you were out of the country on the last due date, with the result that the clock "re-set" on your re-entry and therefore there could be a considerable (say 6 month) gap between reports?  I file at Chaeng Wattana.

No problem to do a online application for the report after leaving the country and re-entering. Leaving the country ends the need to do the 90 day report of staying longer than 90 days in the country. Your report is due 90 days from the date your enter the country. 

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem to do a online application for the report after leaving the country and re-entering. Leaving the country ends the need to do the 90 day report of staying longer than 90 days in the country. Your report is due 90 days from the date your enter the country. 

Ubonjoe, thanks.  I went ahead and submitted mine online yesterday at 10 AM.  Status as of now (after 2 business days) is still "pending".   How long does it usually take for approval?

20 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

How long does it usually take for approval?

It depends upon the office the report approved by. Some are fast and at others up to a week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon the office the report approved by. Some are fast and at others up to a week.

I submitted to Chaeng Wattana.   Do you think it's on the fast end or the slow end?  Also, do you have any sense of what proportion of submissions end up rejected for no apparent reason (i. e. in cases where the address is the same as the last accepted filing, passport is the same and there's no obvious complications)?  Just wondering how reliable the system is because you end up getting squeezed as we've discussed before - if you wait to get approved online and fail, you're then likely out of time to mail and have to hike up to CW in person. 

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

And some offices never approve it. 😟

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

I submitted to Chaeng Wattana. 

Normally they do the approval quickly. It could depend upon how busy the are. Remember they do not process them on weekends.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Of my last three on-line reports (Surin Immigration), two were approved the following working day but the last one took 6 days to be approved.

I have found that phuket does approvals each morning

Submitted one for me at 9 am approved at 9:15

submitted for gf at 1 pm, approved next day at 9:10