Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

I still reckon there is also a check to see you are reporting within the allowed window before you get past the first page. It would explain why I got the "contact your local immigration office" message when I tried approx 20 days before my due date but the next week when I was within the allowed window I was successfully able to submit my application which was approved...

The 15 to 7 days window does not come in until the application is sent to the local office for approval. There have been reports of members being able to complete the application outside the window and their application was not approved.

Not sure why you got the message the first time. Perhaps a glitch in the system or an error in the info you entered.

I still reckon there is also a check to see you are reporting within the allowed window before you get past the first page. It would explain why I got the "contact your local immigration office" message when I tried approx 20 days before my due date but the next week when I was within the allowed window I was successfully able to submit my application which was approved...

The 15 to 7 days window does not come in until the application is sent to the local office for approval. There have been reports of members being able to complete the application outside the window and their application was not approved.

Not sure why you got the message the first time. Perhaps a glitch in the system or an error in the info you entered.

OK I must have missed the reports from those who could submit outside the window. I guess we'll never know the true idiosyncrasies of the system.

Followup on my earlier post indicating that it worked for me but not for my Australian wife.

She went in person to Jomtien, and the 90 day report sailed through no problems. Told the woman that it had not worked online, and she said that the provincial office cannot change any info in the system, that it can only be done in Bangkok.

Here's the particulars:

• In our 4th year here on Non-O visas, extension based on retirement.
  • Last entered the country 25 February 2013.
  • She obtained a new passport 12 March 2014, had the visa/extension transferred to the new passport at Jomtien on 3 April 2014 when we renewed our extensions.
  • All 90 day reports filed in person timely, using the new passport
  • Renewed our extensions on 24 March of this year, again using the new passport. No problems.
  • Checked and double checked the information entered on page 1 of the application (boxes marked with red* only), and continue to get the message to contact the Jomtien office.

So where is the glitch?

And if we do have to contact Bangkok to straighten this out, is there an email address to do so, or a contact form?

Followup on my earlier post indicating that it worked for me but not for my Australian wife.

She went in person to Jomtien, and the 90 day report sailed through no problems. Told the woman that it had not worked online, and she said that the provincial office cannot change any info in the system, that it can only be done in Bangkok.

Here's the particulars:

• She obtained a new passport 12 March 2014, had the visa/extension transferred to the new passport at Jomtien on 3 April 2014 when we renewed our extensions.
  • Renewed our extensions on 24 March of this year, again using the new passport. No problems.
  • Checked and double checked the information entered on page 1 of the application (boxes marked with red* only), and continue to get the message to contact the Jomtien office.

So where is the glitch?

And if we do have to contact Bangkok to straighten this out, is there an email address to do so, or a contact form?

The new passport since her last entry is the problem. The system accesses a database that does not get updated by actions at an immigration office.

As far as I know there is no fix for it other than leaving and re-entering the re-entering the country. That is what I was told to do to fix my entry done in 2008,

I think immigration is aware of the problem and I am hoping they will come up with a fix.

• Like 1

Here's the particulars:

So where is the glitch?

The new passport since her last entry is the problem. The system accesses a database that does not get updated by actions at an immigration office.

As far as I know there is no fix for it other than leaving and re-entering the re-entering the country. That is what I was told to do to fix my entry done in 2008,

I think immigration is aware of the problem and I am hoping they will come up with a fix.

Thanks, Joe - that is kind of what I figured from the prior posts here, but wanted to double check. We'll be going to Oz later this year for at last a couple of months, so hopefully when we return, the problem will straighten itself out. In the meantime, an outing to Jomtien with a nice lunch in a few months does not present much of a hardship...heh

Here's the particulars:

So where is the glitch?

So they went online with system that does not get updated by actions at the immigration office like doing your report in person or via mail...and you gotta leave and reenter the country to get the new system updated if it's not working for you. Me thinks they need to fire the person who built this system. Great it works for some which seems to be those who entered the country over last couple of years, but if you entered more than a few years ago it may not work for you....I know it don't work for me since I last entered in 2008.

Yeap, I too hope they come up with a fix because I would rather not have to leave and reenter Thailand in order to get the 90 day online reporting working for me. Thanks...and I don't mean to shoot the messenger...thanks for the great crossfeed.

The 90 day reporting is not in any central database. It is maintained at the local office. Once you do a report application online it and the approval of it will be in the online reporting system.

It seems when online report was done it was setup to access a data base that only has a minimum amount of info from your last entry. Perhaps just passport number. nationality, date of birth and perhaps where is was done. It also appears from info I got from immigration that the data base rolls over after a period of time or after it reaches capacity it dumps the oldest info.

A new passport also creates a problem because their no entry record for it . I have both an old entry and a new passport since that entry.

If you are getting the contact your local office message I suggest you do that.

Here is public spread sheet of the contact (contract as it was shown on website before) info posted on the online reporting home page.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1esSS3zzUSFbbNCLw-AhKE8OObxPCn-NIKRKJmSqvrcI/edit?usp=sharing

It is in Thai but it is possible to find the email address of your office on it.

Here is a Google translate of immigration contact info.pdf

I know when I contacted my local immigration office (CW/Bangkok) with the problem...and this contact was done when I was doing my report in person...the immigration officer just took the printout of the popup message I gave her after I explained the problem...she then tried to explain I needed to do it during the 15 to 7 day before report window which I responded I had...for everyday during that window. She did say they knew there were problems with the online reporting and said they were having a meeting in a few days on the problems.....that was about a month ago.

She wasn't interested to doing any additional research on my problem "at that time" simply because the office was very busy that day (another one of those days where it takes 60-90 minutes to get your report accomplished) which is all too frequent with all the folks CW supports....but sometimes I do get in and out in around 20 minutes but not often. Yea, I could do it my mail but prefer doing it in person.

We know we must do our 90 day report at our local/servicing immigration if doing it in person or by mail. But whether they are updating a "central" database or just some "local" database when we report in person or by mail I couldn't say....but I would think it would a central database on their secured system since only immigration personnel access and use it....and this way all immigration authorities could access any foreigners 90 day reporting status when needing to....this probably wouldn't be possible with just a bunch of local data bases in the dozens and dozens of immigration offices around the country.

I can understand why immigration may have wanted to created a completely separate online reporting central database which anyone and everyone could reach as this way they don't provide a highly visible door to hackers who may try enter the secured immigration system central databases via the online 90 day reporting door. I expect that's why the online reporting database is on the immigration "extranet" vs tapping into their internal system.

Based on what I' reading in this thread my gut tells me the online report central data base started with incomplete data for many folks and for some unknown reason those folks who last entered over the last couple of years have more complete data in this central system which is allowing them to use the 90 day reporting/get pass that first page of data entry. And when I say incomplete data I mean some of us may not have any data in the new system although we have never been late on a 90 day report for the many years we have lived in Thailand. But I'm guessing....my gut has been wrong plenty of times before.

Ah, enough whining on my part. I just hope they get it working for everyone. On my next report due in a few months if the online report don't start magicially working for me I'll try to be more forceable in finding an answer when doing the report....like is there someone who can look into that new online system to see if my data is there and if there is to see if its correct...my attempt may end in failure (again) but I'll give it another try. What's that ol' saying, Try, try again....

I wonder what percentage of folks it is working for? Maybe a separate thread with a poll should be started simply asking, "Does the new 90 day online reporting system work for you? Yes or No." And then after a month or so, ThaiVisa feed those poll results to the appropriate immigration office as info....the feedback info might help to fix the online reporting system. Cheers.

Edited by Pib

I have the same problem, can only get as far far as the Report to your Immigration Office.

My time in Thailand spans three passports and two entry cards so it was quite easy for me to try every combination.

I have done this several times but can never get through.

This leads me to guess that my entry on the national data base has a typo error.

The problem for immigration is that they have no way of telling which persons need their details updating.

Telling immigration that 40% of aliens cannot use the online system is not much use to them.

They need to be able to identify which entries are wrong.

I have emailed my local office but have received no reply.

I don't think a solution will happen anytime soon.

I have the same problem, can only get as far far as the Report to your Immigration Office.

My time in Thailand spans three passports and two entry cards so it was quite easy for me to try every combination.

I have done this several times but can never get through.

This leads me to guess that my entry on the national data base has a typo error.

The problem for immigration is that they have no way of telling which persons need their details updating.

Telling immigration that 40% of aliens cannot use the online system is not much use to them.

They need to be able to identify which entries are wrong.

I have emailed my local office but have received no reply.

I don't think a solution will happen anytime soon.

If your last entry was a few years ago your record may not be in the system.

If you have gotten a new passport since your last entry that passport number is is not in the database. If your entry is not old you could try entering your old passport number to see what happens but you would not be able to get an approved application because the passport number would not be in the local offices records..

The system does not search for the date of entry. That is only useed to complete the application..

The database the online reporting accesses cannot be updated.

The database the online reporting accesses cannot be updated.

That's just the point I was making.

It must be updated to make the system work for everyone,

unless Immigration intend to walk away from the problem and leave it only usable for recent entries into the kingdom.

Firstly they need to identify which persons details are wrong and update them.

Secondly they need to have a system that keeps the records updated for new passports, etc.

Don't hold your breathe waiting for it to happen.

Edited by MickTurator

If the online database can't be updated if it's not working for a person and then the only option to get your data entered/corrected so it will work is to leave and reenter Thailand then that's a poorly setup system. But I'm not surprised in the least.

• Like 1

If the online database can't be updated if it's not working for a person and then the only option to get your data entered/corrected so it will work is to leave and reenter Thailand then that's a poorly setup system. But I'm not surprised in the least.

Yep. You would have thought that they would have made sure it actually worked before going live with it.

A poorly implemented system indeed, and one which although worked for me OK, may in the future fail to accept my 90 day report, because of the systems method of rolling over, at some unknown point, or a new passport etc. A 100% data capture, operated at local level, should have been a basic premise of introducing a new system.

Just used both links above and both fail using my Chrome - sometimes with a 404 but more often with only IE browser is supported. IE opens fine. Firefox says only IE supported but click on it and opens fine.

It appears you can't get past stage 1 until your 15-day window starts. I tried each of three days prior to my 15-day window without success. Today is the first day of my 15-day window and I was finally able to submit my report. I did this at 04:00 so I imagine it is made available just past midnight.

It's terrible they only give you 8 days to submit before it's due. I was lucky but other people facing problems may run out of time for submitting by mail. But I shouldn't complain too much. It's a big surprise that they even made this online system available.

It appears you can't get past stage 1 until your 15-day window starts. I tried each of three days prior to my 15-day window without success. Today is the first day of my 15-day window and I was finally able to submit my report. I did this at 04:00 so I imagine it is made available just past midnight.

It's terrible they only give you 8 days to submit before it's due. I was lucky but other people facing problems may run out of time for submitting by mail. But I shouldn't complain too much. It's a big surprise that they even made this online system available.

Same for me. I tried several times before the window of opportunity....without success, but once within the window I was able to submit the application.

Just used both links above and both fail using my Chrome - sometimes with a 404 but more often with only IE browser is supported. IE opens fine. Firefox says only IE supported but click on it and opens fine.

"Firefox says only IE supported but click on it and opens fine." What is -- it? I click on OK and the site vanishes?

Tried via IE a number of times and given up, just received my "snail mail" receipt for this period. 32 Baht EMS and a 10 Baht stamp with 10 minutes of preperation = done and dusted without the frustration of this amateurish site.

• Like 1

"Firefox says only IE supported but click on it and opens fine." What is -- it? I click on OK and the site vanishes?

Tried via IE a number of times and given up, just received my "snail mail" receipt for this period. 32 Baht EMS and a 10 Baht stamp with 10 minutes of preperation = done and dusted without the frustration of this amateurish site.

"It" is the "OK" option on the pop-up window saying only IE is supported. Suspect you have an extension activated that will prevent main window from opening. Remove or pause and should open fine in both Firefox and Chrome.

I appologise if this has been answered in the last 35 pages but could someone tell me how to print out ( or at least where to print out ) the form with the next due date for 90 day application after one has been approved?

I have received the approval email and printed off a form that contains my passport no. etc but there is nothing to tell me when my next application is needed! Ok, I can work out 90 days for myself but would like to print out the correct form.

Thanks.

I appologise if this has been answered in the last 35 pages but could someone tell me how to print out ( or at least where to print out ) the form with the next due date for 90 day application after one has been approved?

I have received the approval email and printed off a form that contains my passport no. etc but there is nothing to tell me when my next application is needed! Ok, I can work out 90 days for myself but would like to print out the correct form.

Thanks.

Go to the immigration online reporting site as you did before. You will see an option on the 2nd page Check The Status of Your Application, click on it. Not sure if it is your passport number or a code that was in the e-mail that you have to enter. It will then present the 90 day report receipt that you can print out.

Go to the immigration online reporting site as you did before. You will see an option on the 2nd page Check The Status of Your Application, click on it. Not sure if it is your passport number or a code that was in the e-mail that you have to enter. It will then present the 90 day report receipt that you can print out.

The email that I got did not have the reference number nor any personal information.

Just:

Notification 90 days is Approved. You can check status by visit www.immigration.go.th

But you can always use both methods. Reference number or passport number plus name.

I checked it yesterday for my confirmed report from 11 June.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I did my first online report in April , I received the " Pending " status , but that was as far as it went.

So I had to waste another day driving to Nakhon Pathom to do my 90 day report.

I took my " Pending " status print out with me , and they told me next time it will be okay.

I submitted my online 90 day report this time on the 24th. June , ( next report 8th. July ) I have received my approved 90 day report this morning .

The only problem is , they have stolen 9 days from me. I had expected the date of reporting as the 8th. July , but they have booked me in on todays date .

So instead of me moaning about losing a day , now I can lose 9 days in only the fraction of time.

I think my next 90 day report will not be done online.

I did my first online report in April , I received the " Pending " status , but that was as far as it went.

So I had to waste another day driving to Nakhon Pathom to do my 90 day report.

I took my " Pending " status print out with me , and they told me next time it will be okay.

I submitted my online 90 day report this time on the 24th. June , ( next report 8th. July ) I have received my approved 90 day report this morning .

The only problem is , they have stolen 9 days from me. I had expected the date of reporting as the 8th. July , but they have booked me in on todays date .

So instead of me moaning about losing a day , now I can lose 9 days in only the fraction of time.

I think my next 90 day report will not be done online.

Online reporting is the same as doing it in person. The 90 days is started from the date you do the report. It does not matter if your report early or late.

IMO my opinion you don't loose anything.

I would rather be able do an online report a few days early than have to do a report in person on the exact date and get the full 90 days.

• Like 2

Some Immigration offices do it from the date it is due regardless of the date you do it, whether by post or in person,

15 days before or 7 days after. Amnat is one of them.

Of course a computer can only date your next report from the date it's approved.

If it can be completed from the comfort of your armchair, I wouldn't worry if it only gave me 80 days.

3 x 90 day mail ins, or 4 x online. Easy choice to make.