BANGKOK 17 June 2019 02:00
Jonathan Fairfield

Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

1 minute ago, jjray said:

ubonjoe thanks for your quick reply... the reason I asked this question because the new 90 days report rule need to show we must have 800K balance in the account for the first 2 months ( after renew extension of stay ) and 400K balance in the account for the rest of the year. Sorry I am a bit confused about the new rule.

90  day address reporting, and showing money still in the bank for a retirement extension are separate and different requirements. You may be able to achieve both at immigration if the 2 occur at the same time. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

ubonjoe thanks for your quick reply... the reason I asked this question because the new 90 days report rule

jacko45k thanks for your advise, so 2 months after my next retirement extension ( Mid- August ) I must go back to CW with a bank letter to show I still have 800K in my account & 6 months later with another update account balance letter to prove I still have at least 400K in my account?

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, jjray said:

jacko45k thanks for your advise, so 2 months after my next retirement extension ( Mid- August ) I must go back to CW with a bank letter to show I still have 800K in my account & 6 months later with another update account balance letter to prove I still have at least 400K in my account?

I would say only if you are requested to, I am unsure wrt CW, but know Jomtiem are making this a requirement, 3 months later. An updated bank passbook is usually what is requested, not another bank letter. 

Edited by jacko45k

50 minutes ago, jjray said:

ubonjoe thanks for your quick reply... the reason I asked this question because the new 90 days report rule need to show we must have 800K balance in the account for the first 2 months ( after renew extension of stay ) and 400K balance in the account for the rest of the year. Sorry I am a bit confused about the new rule.

There no such rule for 90 day reporting.

The rules only state you must keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months and then 400k bath after that.

There is no mention of having to show it every 90 days in the rules.

There are couple of offices that are informing people to return after 3 months with there updated bank books. But Chaeng Wattana immigration is not doing that.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There are couple of offices that are informing people to return after 3 months with there updated bank books. But Chaeng Wattana immigration is not doing that.

Out of curiosity, which ones require showing the bank book again?

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Out of curiosity, which ones require showing the bank book again?

Jomtiem has been reported here, and I know someone who was asked to do it in Chiangrai too. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There no such rule for 90 day reporting.

The rules only state you must keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months and then 400k bath after that.

There is no mention of having to show it every 90 days in the rules.

ubonjoe thanks for your advice now all clear!!! Wish you have a good day.

Amazing, new rules are made up as we go along,  never heard anything about showing bank book 3 months after getting extension, are you guys make up this stuff....!!!

IO office in Phuket never said such a thing when I got my extension 2 weeks ago, and even if they did I wouldn't be here to do it, I'm go abroad soon...!

I imagine this is something they check at the next extension application...., I have been to immigration offices 7 times for various things this last few months, I call it Wat Imm now...! getting a bit ridiculous, how about I give then my online banking credentials and done with it....!?!,@$# 😤😲

12 hours ago, Agusts said:

Amazing, new rules are made up as we go along,  never heard anything about showing bank book 3 months after getting extension, are you guys make up this stuff....!

Well it has been well posted of on TV, and seems to be a natural consequence on the money in the bank requirements, that changed early March. Only one or two IO's are asking for this, Jomtiem is, and it is a large IO. Nobody knows what the consequences of not attending and spending the money are, but many fear them next application. 

Wouldn't you have thought immigration through out the land would have had notices in their offices telling foreigners of the new rules .

As somebody posted before , not every foreigner this applies to is a member on here .

Surely it is the responsibility of Thai immigration to inform people of rule changes.

23 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Wouldn't you have thought immigration through out the land would have had notices in their offices telling foreigners of the new rules .

As somebody posted before , not every foreigner this applies to is a member on here .

Surely it is the responsibility of Thai immigration to inform people of rule changes.

If there is a new rule or requirement they should send out a letter to everyone it applies to - actually put all those addresses they are so keen to collect every 90 days to some use. If they don't want to spend a few bucks on the postage, they can do it by email - they have our email addresses too.

They won't, because they have no sense of customer service and I suspect they actually want to keep us in a state of permanent nervous tension as a kind of psychological 'privilege tax'.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So I just did my first online 90 day report yesterday and the status is still "pending". Anyone know the normal number of days until it's been processed?

I'm reporting to the Jomtien Imm office if that's a factor.

1 hour ago, Inderpland said:

So I just did my first online 90 day report yesterday and the status is still "pending". Anyone know the normal number of days until it's been processed?

I did mine Monday morning, and got it confirmed Tuesday evening. But Monday was a holiday. And it could be that all offices may have different organisations and processes. Mine is Buriram.

5 hours ago, Inderpland said:

I've done on-line reports for friends using the Jomtien office in the past, and they've always been approved (with an e-mail) within a day or two.

BUT... I use Rayong, and recently they've been approving it on the last possible day (i.e. 7 days before due), I assume to minimize the days you lose until the next extension...

• Like 1