Jump to content
BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

Recommended Posts

I did my 90 day report on-line on Tuesday.  It was approved yesterday (the latest working day in the "window", as has been typical recently), but although the system allowed me to confirm the approval, I was unable to access the "next appointment" pdf.  I usually take a screen shot of this on my phone, rather than hard printing the document, and this has always been accepted by Immigration when required.  Not sure what to do it I can't print it though since the "approval" notice does not actually give the date of approval.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you get the "Receipt of  Notification"?  In the lower left is the next date and the approval date is in the center of the document.  You get the receipt by going online and click on the check status button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Did you get the "Receipt of  Notification"?  In the lower left is the next date and the approval date is in the center of the document.  You get the receipt by going online and click on the check status button.

The "print next appointment" wasn't working yesterday.. but it's OK today.... Screenshot now on the phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From within the app it is fairly simple to download the Approved Application, and the Next Appt PDFs.

 

Log in

Notification

Check the Status

Choose the Passport option (or the barcode/TM no.)

Enter the details, for DoB, press on 2019, scroll to your birth-year, forward/back to your birth date)

Find the current report

Click on approve, Download application

Go back

Downlaod The Next Appointment

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never been able to use the online 90 day report. It always stops at the first page, asks for the capcha then tells me to contact the immigration office.

Can somebody clue me here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Snark said:

I have never been able to use the online 90 day report. It always stops at the first page, asks for the capcha then tells me to contact the immigration office.

Can somebody clue me here?

Have you made last entry within the last 6 or so years?  Has your passport recently changed?  Do you use the drop down menu selections?  You use IE or supported browser?  Do you only fill out required fields and make sure all spelling is correct (as reported in person)?  I can not use myself as last entry was too long ago so can not offer more advise then above, which have seen mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Have you made last entry within the last 6 or so years?  Has your passport recently changed?  Do you use the drop down menu selections?  You use IE or supported browser?  Do you only fill out required fields and make sure all spelling is correct (as reported in person)?  I can not use myself as last entry was too long ago so can not offer more advise then above, which have seen mentioned.

Last entry over 15 years ago. No change in passport in the past 9 years. I use the drop downs and have rechecked them multiple times for accuracy. I have tried both IE and Firefox. I have checked every last detail repeatedly for accuracy and spelling. I just tried again 5 more times.

I click Submit I get a blank grey page with a box that says "For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Snark said:

Last entry over 15 years ago

You can not use online system until you make a new entry into Thailand.  The database does not extend back that far and there is no way to update without a new entry into the country.  Same as for me.  I use mail reporting now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

You can not use online system until you make a new entry into Thailand.  The database does not extend back that far and there is no way to update without a new entry into the country.  Same as for me.  I use mail reporting now.

That explains things. Of course us old timers get lowest priority. I wonder why that never occurred to me. 🙄

After a disastrous problem with the EMS I'm not about to mail my passport. But on the bright side, with Chiang Mai Imm now operating so promptly it's a pleasant early AM drive, grab a cuppa on the way, park in an empty parking lot, kick it back with a book in the waiting room opened by 6:30, and usually well before 7:30 I'm covered and out of there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Snark said:

That explains things. Of course us old timers get lowest priority. I wonder why that never occurred to me. 🙄

After a disastrous problem with the EMS I'm not about to mail my passport. But on the bright side, with Chiang Mai Imm now operating so promptly it's a pleasant early AM drive, grab a cuppa on the way, park in an empty parking lot, kick it back with a book in the waiting room opened by 6:30, and usually well before 7:30 I'm covered and out of there.

You don't need to mail the original passport, copies are enough. I did so last month and it was returned to me approved within a week, with a handwritten note to add TM30 copy and departure card copy next time. 

I did it by mail because after several years of successful online reports I could no longer do it due to having received a new passport.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Myshkin said:

You don't need to mail the original passport, copies are enough.

One golden rule regarding immigration issues: Verify what immigration officers tell you.

I was told that I had to mail my passport in. Mandatory, no exceptions.

 

So I have to include a copy of every page of my passport that gives a chronology of my presence here? The last time I went in for my 90 the officers became a little peeved I had the usual 4 copies of my passport. Only two were required now. And now I forgot which two were required. Front page and most recent? But if I mail it in, we are talking 10-15 pages?

 

PS I rather liked the little clerical mis-stamping on one of my yearly report ins. It granted me 900 years extension.

 

 

PPS Comedy: In front of me in line at immigration. An irritable European farang was explaining he couldn't produce his old passport as it had been destroyed in a washing machine. The elderly highly experienced immigration officer, a blank expression on her face, shifted her eyes from him momentarily to look me in the eyes. Just one split second glance, two cops exchanging an unsaid in that glance: BULLFEATHERS. (Passports aren't paper. They and the ink used on them is waterproof. If it really had been destroyed, it was bogus).

Edited by The Snark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally they need the data page, last visa/entry stamp or entry referring to them, the current permitted to stay stamp and departure card copies plus previous TM47 receipt and new TM47 application with return stamped envelope.  Send registered or EMS as tracking needed if you do not get back to prove you sent and was received.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be great if one could reset one's new passport details with Immigration, in-country by making a visit in person, thus allowing use of the on-line reporting system(s).

 

Having the leave and re-enter the country seems like a strange way to encourage use of modern reporting technologies?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

It would be great if one could reset one's new passport details with Immigration, in-country by making a visit in person, thus allowing use of the on-line reporting system(s).

 

Having the leave and re-enter the country seems like a strange way to encourage use of modern reporting technologies?

Indeed, this should be possible as part of the process of getting one's stamps transferred from old to new passports, I would have thought. But, there again, this is Thailand, lest we forget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well after many years of trying to do the 90 day report online and failing each time, I installed the Immigration Services android app. I filled out the information yesterday and today amazingly found my 90 day notification was approved! Amazing! I am very glad I didn't need to go to CW Bangkok and waste my morning doing this 90 day report.

 

A few thoughts on the process:

It was a one day turnaround time. I was impressed.

I found no way to actually download the PDF documents from the Immigration App to my device.

I had to perform a screenshot of the PDF file and use that for documentation and printing.

My name on the 90 day report receipt shows as (First, Last, Middle) which is strange as it was correct order (First, Middle, Last) on the application form.

"Nationality" is misspelled on the 90 day receipt as "Nationalit". Not a big deal but should have been caught.

 

Has anyone figured out how to download the PDF from the app to the device? This would be very useful.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...