BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The officer enters the info in the system they use. As soon as the entries are completed the relevant info is transferred to the online reporting database. Once the info is transferred it is not possible for it to be changed.

Ugh, you mean the online TM47 db is a separate instance where entries from immigration system are batch inserted into? Zeesh.. talk about lack of integration. Has anybody seen what software immigration uses, SAP or Oracle or something home spun and chickenwired&bondoed together? IT from the stone ages..

Edited by DrTuner

8 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

It's very likely a case of missing functionality to manually insert TM6 entries, or inland IOs don't have the permissions to do them. I haven't seen an actual TM6 entry in their PC, but I suspect it's just the TM6 number and your passport number bound together with the timestamp. I haven't seen the IO writing much in at the keyboard when entering. A no brainer to add that to the system if it's missing.

Reference the "inland IOs" our border IOs (Chong Chom) are employees of the Immigration office in Kab Cheong (just 17 km up the road) where our 90 day reports are processed.

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The officer enters the info in the system they use. As soon as the entries are completed the relevant info is transferred to the online reporting database. Once the info is transferred it is not possible for it to be changed.

Until a new entry?

Which indicates that an IO could re-enter the info aligning the original TM6 with the new passport. I'm no IT expert but it doesn't sound like rocket science to me.

TiT.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2019 at 1:33 PM, DrTuner said:

This is yet another major flaw in immigration procedures. It's a database, just add the bloody entry as in the old TM6. Same with changing visa classes etc. Makes absolutely no sense to leave the country for something so trivial.

Which database? Central Bkk, regional, Port of Entry and sometimes a local. They are not all interconnected.

4 minutes ago, The Snark said:

Which database? Central Bkk, regional, Port of Entry and sometimes a local. They are not all interconnected.

Maybe that is where the problem lies.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Snark said:

Does anybody happen to have insider knowledge on this? What system is in use, is it distributed or centralized? It's not like it's a complicated thing now is it, pretty basic stuff.

The updated link appearing on the first page has a button "Accept" which seems non-functioning. Is this the latest link to the online reporting form?

19 hours ago, Hurricane51 said:

The updated link appearing on the first page has a button "Accept" which seems non-functioning. Is this the latest link to the online reporting form?

Did you scroll the page down and tick the box.

image.png.efc24ee1aa4b3ce64caef4df2955f7d0.png

Apparently my brain cells have deteriorated far faster than I realized. I actually looked for an acknowledgment checkbox and completely missed it. I'll try it again later. Thanks.

OK, I tried it and upon click the Submit button, the page went completely blank (same URL). Tried both Firefox and IE with the same results. Tried several months ago with the same results. Interestingly, there is no choice for simply UNITED STATES in the Nationality, just UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS. Typical Immigration Department quality control. Maybe they'll get this right in the next 10 years. As several people already pointed out, this should be a breeze to program -- just a database query and update. Of course, that assumes a professional was working on it and not some friend of a friend of my son's girlfriend or something like that.

13 minutes ago, Hurricane51 said:

OK, I tried it and upon click the Submit button, the page went completely blank (same URL). Tried both Firefox and IE with the same results. Tried several months ago with the same results. Interestingly, there is no choice for simply UNITED STATES in the Nationality, just UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS. Typical Immigration Department quality control. Maybe they'll get this right in the next 10 years. As several people already pointed out, this should be a breeze to program -- just a database query and update. Of course, that assumes a professional was working on it and not some friend of a friend of my son's girlfriend or something like that.

The blank page can mean you have a pop up blocker that is keeping you from seeing a message to contact your local office.  That means your record could not be found.

If you used the above for your nationality that is why you would of gotten the message.

You have to use American on the drop down menu.

image.png.404350ae50074f65e5023fb8e397488f.png

Double check that you entered every required field correctly. Best to only complete the required fields marked with a *.

Ahhh, American, as in North, Central, or South American. Now it doesn't give me a completely blank page, but one with a single line of text:

For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area.

That sounds encouraging, as the last time I asked I got a vague answer and then some pointing in the general direction of "out of this room".

I'll show up there as I've done a million times before. I got one tip about a year ago: Ask someone with a much lower number to take your passport to the counter as well. Offer him whatever financial incentive he requires (and you are desperate enough to part with). It's the same as those reporting services they offer but you keep your passport in sight.

10 hours ago, Hurricane51 said:

For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area.

That sounds encouraging, as the last time I asked I got a vague answer and then some pointing in the general direction of "out of this room".

I got that alert as well after pressing Submit. So does that mean all is working and all okay? (it just refereshes back to page 1 for Personal Information for me.

1 hour ago, Hawkman said:

I got that alert as well after pressing Submit. So does that mean all is working and all okay? (it just refereshes back to page 1 for Personal Information for me.

Yes it is working. The message means your record could not be found in the database it checks to confirm you exist in the system.

It can be an error in one of the required fields you completed. Double check everything is correct. Best to only complete the required fields marked with a *.

Have you gotten a new passport since you last entered the country?

Well I tried and tried but I still get the same message. I renewed my passport 3 years ago, last entered the country 2 years ago. The last time I reported, about half the people I spoke to were unable to report online. It's been 4 years since this "service" was announced -- clearly not enough time for them. And they probably justify not adding more clerks in Bangkok (Chang Wattana) by telling themselves the online service will ease the overload.