BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

4 minutes ago, Hurricane51 said:

Well I tried and tried but I still get the same message. I renewed my passport 3 years ago, last entered the country 2 years ago. The last time I reported, about half the people I spoke to were unable to report online. It's been 4 years since this "service" was announced -- clearly not enough time for them. And they probably justify not adding more clerks in Bangkok (Chang Wattana) by telling themselves the online service will ease the overload.

As I wrote before you have to be sure you are entering all the required fields correctly. Only completing the required fields reduces the chance for an error.

The most common errors are not using the drop down menu and not entering the complete arrival/departure card number.

It is also possible that a error was made when you last entry the causes the system not to find your record.

If you can get past page 1 the system works good after that. 

I have just had an “interesting” experience with my latest 90-day report. I was able to submit it online within the permitted 15-to-7-day window before the due date – and, in so doing, experienced none of the problems which a number of recent posters on this thread appear to have had in getting past the first page.

However, that is where the good news ends. For some reason, my application then got stubbornly stuck in the Pending category, meaning that I had to make a special trip to my local immigration office yesterday (the day after the due date) to get things sorted. But getting them to provide a meaningful explanation as to why my online report had not been approved was totally impossible: all they basically did was to shrug their shoulders and “blame the computer”!

So can anyone shed any light on The Great Non-Approval Mystery in this instance? I did wonder whether the fact that this was my first report after a foreign trip and I didn’t submit any report by the previous due date (since I had exited Thailand 2 days earlier) might have had something to do with it. But presumably I would then have got no further than the first page online if this had been an issue?

I've been doing mine on-line for the past 4 years - mostly with no problems.  The Rayong office used to approve them on the next working day after you submitted it, but recently (the past year) they've been leaving it until the LAST working day of the appropriate window before approving.  I had one that didn't get approved first thing on the last day so I cancelled and re-submitted, and it was then approved almost immediately.... maybe they needed reminding..?

I note you say you had left T/L since your previous report, so that could have had a bearing on your problem... I've not left T/L since I started doing on-line reports, so can't help you, other than wishing you better luck next time.. 

12 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So can anyone shed any light on The Great Non-Approval Mystery in this instance? I

More than likely your local office did not bother to process it. I doubt very much they did not receive the application for it.

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

More than likely your local office did not bother to process it. I doubt very much they did not receive the application for it.

Yes, the "saving face" factor was probably key to the (non-)explanation I was given yesterday.

16 hours ago, OJAS said:

So can anyone shed any light on The Great Non-Approval Mystery in this instance?

The person who usually takes care of it has been away from work for a few days, they haven'the organisational sense to appoint a back up. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The person who usually takes care of it has been away from work for a few days, they haven'the organisational sense to appoint a back up. 

More than a few days in my case - almost a whole fortnight!

I believe that if there is a change of address, even if within the same Immigration Division area (Div. 1), then the 90 days online is not possible (apparently it will be rejected and you are told to go in person to Immigration)

...but if you leave the country and come back in (using a re-entry permit on a non-O extension) then obviously there are a few details that are changed (e.g. the arrival card no. and the date of arrival in Thailand). So even this situation would an address change still not be allowed online? I see this as conceptually distinct, since by arriving 'afresh' you are providing an address for the 'first' time (after all, the clock starts ticking again from zero from the moment you land off the plane). 

...If no, and I cannot use the online system, then can I mail it in? If I mail it:

-will I need to provide the last 90 days receipt, which has long since expired since I have left the country a couple of times since last doing one?

- will I need to send some proof of address change?

(what then is the difference between mailing it and doing it online? Is it just with one you need to sign your name?)

I am assuming in Bangkok Div .1 immigration they don't require the separate change of address TM form. The Immigration must already 'know' my new address since it was on the two arrival cards (TM7?), and on the TM30 done after both arrivals, and in my non-O extension application.

Please assist. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

but if you leave the country and come back in (using a re-entry permit on a non-O extension) then obviously there are a few details that are changed (e.g. the arrival card no. and the date of arrival in Thailand). So even this situation would an address change still not be allowed online? I see this as conceptually distinct, since by arriving 'afresh' you are providing an address for the 'first' time (after all, the clock starts ticking again from zero from the moment you land off the plane). 

You can do the online report after returning from a trip out of the country.

You will just use the new arrival info and TM6 number on the application. When you complete page one of the application it will be checking the database has info for your most recent entry to the country.

An address change is different since it would not match your record from previous reports. That is why immigration would not approve it.

You need to submit a TM30 form to do a change of address.

Since my Landlord has done the TM30 with the changed address, that should mean the records are updated and the 90 days should be approved online. Is that right?

10 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Since my Landlord has done the TM30 with the changed address, that should mean the records are updated and the 90 days should be approved online. Is that right?

I am sure that would of changed the 90 day reporting records.

You could try doing it online. They normally do the approvals or disapproval within a day or less. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 1:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

You need to submit a TM30 form to do a change of address.

Is that not the TM28?

9 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Is that not the TM28?

I thought it should be, but I hear some places are accepting a TM30 for the same purpose. (A TM28 is to report yourself changing address, a TM30 is for a house owner, master or possessor to report a foreigner arriving at their property). 

Hard to keep on track with this BS.

• Haha 1

I have never completed a TM28 (last time I moved permanent residence was in 2000) and my wife has only completed one TM30 which I believe was about 5 years ago at the same time as Immigration ruled that a retiree in Thailand was required to accommodate a "home visit" from Immigration to confirm their residence (another completely unworkable fiasco).

I tried again last week to do my 90 day online - usual problem, it didn't work - on either Chrome or Edge (or whatever MS is calling it now).   Glad some people can!

Not to mention some of the instructions are confusing.  I managed once, about two years ago but never received a confirmation e-mail or notification other than it had been accepted for processing.  Took a trip to CW and was told it had been received OK but I never received, nor could find, any record on line to copy for my passport.  The IO said all was fine and printed me out a new copy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1