BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

On 2/1/2020 at 3:11 PM, Yorkie said:

Off topic but I discovered that from the beginning of last year a renewed British passport is now valid 10 years from the date the passport is issued. It used to be 10 years from the expiry date of the old passport.

This change happened about a year ago, the old system was up to 10 years 9 months.

On 1/30/2020 at 11:54 AM, ubonjoe said:

Your extension dates.

Tks Ubonjoe. Just to update the forum, I submitted my online application via iPhone app on 31 Jan and received an approval the next day via email.

I have a 1 year non immigration O visa based on marriage. Am I able to use the online 90day reporting facility on my first due date or must you go to Immigration the first time in person (to show them documents etc).

Secondly, presumably TM30 reporting runs parallel to this.

40 minutes ago, stament said:

I have a 1 year non immigration O visa based on marriage. Am I able to use the online 90day reporting facility on my first due date or must you go to Immigration the first time in person (to show them documents etc).

Secondly, presumably TM30 reporting runs parallel to this.

You need to do your very first 90-day reporting in person at your local IO, so that they can set you up in the system.  After this has been done, you can use the very easy 90-day on-line reporting method.

TM30 filing and 90-day reporting are totally separate and not linked in any way.  Contrary to 90-day reporting, you registering on the IO TM30 website and subsequent filing of your TM30s can be done without having to do first a manual filing at your local IO.

• Thanks 1

I just today did my 1-year extension, and I questioned a small slip of paper they stapled to my passport detailing what bank documents I needed to bring in at my next 90-day check. 

When I told them I did my 90-day reports on-line (and that the next one was due in about 6 weeks) they simply answered that I don't need to bother to bring in the relevant docs, and that they would simply check at next years extension.

Not sure if this was a well thought out answer by them though as they were just about to close for lunch, and were probably thinking more about their forthcoming somtam & doughnuts. 

• Like 1

The Android Immigration eService app failed for me today with "Internal server error. Please contact administrator." After that, I got it done on Internet Explorer for Windows.

Android-app-fail.jpg

About 9 weeks ago I got lucky and used the app for 90 day stay with success.

One of the printouts said that my next date is April 8 for reporting. Does this still mean that I can report 2weeks before and 1 week after the 8th? By app or at CW?

I want to fly to Malaysia on 7 April which means that I can legitimately miss the reporting totally by 1 day. Does this mean that the clock starts when I come back on 17 April and I dont need to do anything at all except report again 90 days after my return (i.e July sometime)? It sounds too good to be true... I miss 180 days reporting because I choose to fly 1 day before my given date?

Eddy