BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

48 minutes ago, paddypower said:

appologies if this is a repeat question: if reporting by Thai Post, does the amnesty mean one must file the 90 day report by at least 15 days before July 1st ?

No

The report will not be due until after July 31st. Immigration will announce when the reports are due.

Perhaps 90 days from when you last report was due.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

The report will not be due until after July 31st. Immigration will announce when the reports are due.

Perhaps 90 days from when you last report was due.

tks, Joe - that is exactly what concerns me - my 90 day report due date was May 6. is my deadline now August 4th (which means I should file by post no later than 15 days earlier, i.e. July 20th.?) if you lived in NST, you'd appreciate the level of paranoia that we have, in dealings with a certain individual at that office.

Edited by paddypower
add acomment

32 minutes ago, paddypower said:

tks, Joe - that is exactly what concerns me - my 90 day report due date was May 6. is my deadline now August 4th (which means I should file by post no later than 15 days earlier, i.e. July 20th.?) if you lived in NST, you'd appreciate the level of paranoia that we have, in dealings with a certain individual at that office.

I assume you did not do your report on May 6th.

I not sure how they would handle a mailed in report after one was skipped. Also it does not have to be mailed 15 days early. It just needs to be received by 7 days before the report date.

It might be best to wait for the announcement to be made. If they extend the ministerial order again it would not be due in August.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 5:16 PM, egypte said:

Thanks for the ink. Now I am totally confused. I have read a notice from Immigration Thailand that ALL filings/reports are not required during the period starting April (not sure of what date) and ending July 31.

Are I and my wife the only 2 expats who have not filed their TM47 during this amnesty period?  tks.

13 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Are I and my wife the only 2 expats who have not filed their TM47 during this amnesty period? 

I skipped mine that was due in April.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, paddypower said:

Thanks for the ink. Now I am totally confused. I have read a notice from Immigration Thailand that ALL filings/reports are not required during the period starting April (not sure of what date) and ending July 31.

Are I and my wife the only 2 expats who have not filed their TM47 during this amnesty period?  tks.

I only filed because I was in Immigration Office (Surin) to apply for my yearly extension (which is required even during the amnesty). Otherwise I would not have reported at this time.

• Like 1

did mine this morning online at 08.00 am, got approval just at 09.08 am. Seems they dont have a lot of work.

Thanks, gents. I was misinformed by this link <https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel/covid-19-guide-for-travelers-in-thailand.php> which stated that the 90 day reporting was not ammenstied.(is that a word?). An American friend told me that he, too filed in person, because he lived nearby and 'you never know in Thailand'. 555. Yesterday, I drove to the IO at NST. submitted forms for wife and self. 5 minutes and all done. the next due date is Sept 1, (90 days hence). Feel very relieved. Bit ironic, that expression reminded me of the Super Lottery, back in Canada...''you never know''. cheers.

2 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Thanks, gents. I was misinformed by this link <https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel/covid-19-guide-for-travelers-in-thailand.php> which stated that the 90 day reporting was not ammenstied.(is that a word?). An American friend told me that he, too filed in person, because he lived nearby and 'you never know in Thailand'. 555. Yesterday, I drove to the IO at NST. submitted forms for wife and self. 5 minutes and all done. the next due date is Sept 1, (90 days hence). Feel very relieved. Bit ironic, that expression reminded me of the Super Lottery, back in Canada...''you never know''. cheers.

I think you misread it. It does state that 90 day reporting is not required.

"The Immigration Bureau also suspends the 90-day address reporting of all long term visa holders until further notice."

FYI that is not a official website. See this at the bottom of that page "This is NOT the official website of the Thai Embassy".

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you misread it. It does state that 90 day reporting is not required.

"The Immigration Bureau also suspends the 90-day address reporting of all long term visa holders until further notice."

FYI that is not a official website. See this at the bottom of that page "This is NOT the official website of the Thai Embassy".

thanks,. I missed the bit you quoted. With a May 6 deadline,  I relied on this:  'In addition to the amnesty, expats living, working or retiring in Thailand whose 90 day reports fall due between March 26 and 30th April will be exempt from having to attend their local immigration offices.'  as you suggest, I will not rely on non-govt sites again.

Edited by paddypower

56 minutes ago, paddypower said:

'In addition to the amnesty, expats living, working or retiring in Thailand whose 90 day reports fall due between March 26 and 30th April will be exempt from having to attend their local immigration offices.'

The 26th of March was for those already in the country before that day and were on a valid permit to stay to qualify for the amnesty.

The 90 day reporting waiver started on April 7th and the April 30th  date was extended to July 31st.

Now Im really confused. My 90-day falls on 8th July. I can do it online. My retirement ext falls on 30 July.

Do I skip the 90 day until we are told otherwise?

Do I need to do my Retirement renewal even though it's due before the magic 31/7??

Eddy

3 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

Now Im really confused. My 90-day falls on 8th July.

If you can do it online it will be accepted.

3 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

Do I need to do my Retirement renewal even though it's due before the magic 31/7??

Yes

• Like 2

So your point Joe is to do the 90-day if I can do it online, only because I will not be in a race to do it with 100,000 farang when IO tells us to start with 90-day again?

Eddy