BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

15 hours ago, Agusts said:

But how about this, from "Check my application" menu, anyone with your passport number, date of birth and nationality can see all your applications and open them, see your email, phone number and home address etc.... !?!?!? It is a bit concerning, I wish they just allowed using reference number. Is there anyway to delete it or make it inaccessible... !?

13 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Is this making you sleepless? Don't worry so much about 90 days reports. There must be other stuff that's more important in the world and probably more scary. 

I think this is a very valid concern made by @Agusts

Indeed, anybody that has a copy of your passport-ID page (which contains the passport-number, and obviously also your date of birth and nationality) will be able to access your information on the 90-day reporting website.

The relevant info that can be accessed is of course limited to the address of the place where you are staying, but from a privacy point of view this would be an absolute NO in Europe.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I think this is a very valid concern made by @Agusts

Indeed, anybody that has a copy of your passport-ID page (which contains the passport-number, and obviously also your date of birth and nationality) will be able to access your information on the 90-day reporting website.

The relevant info that can be accessed is of course limited to the address of the place where you are staying, but from a privacy point of view this would be an absolute NO in Europe.

A few years ago it was common at my IO to get receipts for 90 days, TM 30 etc which were printed on the back of “ scrap “ paper. A couple of times I had passport photos of other foreigners on the back of my receipts stapled in my passport !!

Identity theft ?? Nooo !! This is Thailand 😀

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Is this making you sleepless? Don't worry so much about 90 days reports. There must be other stuff that's more important in the world and probably more scary. 

Oh, yes, so many other stuff, but they don't publish my address and personal data on the web for all to see, and forever...! 

How complex do you think it would be for IO to email the approved doc and then delete the records from the website after all is done... never happens... that would be too logical...!

28 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Oh, yes, so many other stuff, but they don't publish my address and personal data on the web for all to see, and forever...! 

How complex do you think it would be for IO to email the approved doc and then delete the records from the website after all is done... never happens... that would be too logical...!

Or even simpler... just disable that non-privacy proof Passport-number entry option, because there are 2 options to access the data and you can then still use the reference-number your local Immigration office e-mailed you to inform you about approval of your application.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

A few years ago it was common at my IO to get receipts for 90 days, TM 30 etc which were printed on the back of “ scrap “ paper. A couple of times I had passport photos of other foreigners on the back of my receipts stapled in my passport !!

Identity theft ?? Nooo !! This is Thailand 😀

Still is. My 90d receipt is printed on somebody else's TM form.

Thais are utterly careless about their identity documents and think nothing of it. Beware of DHL passport snatchers, too.

21 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Gaining access to personal data is more scary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_theft

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Mobile app seems to be up and running, after having been down for weeks/months.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService&hl=en

Tried and it still shows my old passport number, after two 90d reports. Looks like they got secondary databases out of sync. Great. Means I'll have to go in person until somebody finally runs a sync.

7 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Tried and it still shows my old passport number, after two 90d reports. Looks like they got secondary databases out of sync. Great. Means I'll have to go in person until somebody finally runs a sync.

Just did it online with the Android Chrome browser 1 hour ago. Didn't work many years since I have a new passport and never left the country. BUT 90 days ago and today it suddenly worked. It looks as if they finally fixed this problem. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Just did it online with the Android Chrome browser 1 hour ago. Didn't work many years since I have a new passport and never left the country. BUT 90 days ago and today it suddenly worked. It looks as if they finally fixed this problem. 

Mine is probably different. I entered with the new passport in December. Since then neither the app or website have worked. Trying to check for status from the website using my new passport gives no data at all. It's out of sync, I have a 90d receipt stapled in my new passport, does not exist in the website database.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Mine is probably different. I entered with the new passport in December. Since then neither the app or website have worked. Trying to check for status from the website using my new passport gives no data at all. It's out of sync, I have a 90d receipt stapled in my new passport, does not exist in the website database.

As far as I know you have to do it the first time at the immigration if you have a new passport from your embassy here in Thailand. Before it didn't even work then.

Just looked. My new passport was issued 2017. So it took a while until it worked again this year... 

Edited by Oldie

29 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Tried and it still shows my old passport number,

I re-registered the mobile app when I got a new passport. Used a different email. That should work for you.

Otherwise, try the web-site, most report that works even for those with new passports.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

• Like 1

I used the Immigration app yesterday, did it in the afternoon, and 90 day came back approved just before 8 AM this morning.

Downloaded it on my phone, email to myself and printed it. There is probably an easier way but I don’t know how.

Not as quick as a previous time but OK.

Just did my report online with the Immigration website.  Super, very fast response within an hour of input.