Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

Either the website form freezes after inputting 1/3 of the information in or the browser sends a message that the website has stopped responding and i can choose to either cancel the page or wait. Neither option leads to completing the form. In other words, FAIL.

I am using my Samsung tablet. I considered your point of phone browser vs a desktop browser early on and that is why I attempted to use the desktop version of windows internet explorer. It FAILED just like all the other attempts.

People do have mixed experience as suspect servers are not up to the task - so often have to try at different times/days before successful. I can not do myself because last entry was a decade ago - but using IE Tab on Chrome can submit first page and get the contract immigration notice.

Either the website form freezes after inputting 1/3 of the information in or the browser sends a message that the website has stopped responding and i can choose to either cancel the page or wait. Neither option leads to completing the form. In other words, FAIL.

That sounds more like an internet connection problem than a problem with the site.

I just went on the page using Chrome with IE Tab and completed it without a problem and got the contact your local office I always get.

I have a 3G connection via AIS. No problem connecting to any other website within Thailand or abroad. It seems like when it comes to a Thai problem issue it seems always to be blamed on the Falang and it's always our fault.

Whether it's a auto accident, a pricing miscommunication or a bad Thai marriage; Falang always seems to get the blame?

Why is that?

I have a 3G connection via AIS. No problem connecting to any other website within Thailand or abroad. It seems like when it comes to a Thai problem issue it seems always to be blamed on the Falang and it's always our fault.

Whether it's a auto accident, a pricing miscommunication or a bad Thai marriage; Falang always seems to get the blame?

Why is that?

I was not blaming you. Just stating that it appeared to be a connection problem.

It may be that the site needs more bandwidth than some other sites to work properly.

Thanks Joe. That was my thought exactly. It's overwhelmingly apparent that once again the boneheads in charge of building and maintaining an important Thai government website have fail miserably.

So, what is Falang supposed to do? Ahhh...there's the rub. Load 84 year old father in vehicle and deposit baht 2000 into fuel tank of Toyota Vigo, drive the Asian hyway avoiding the crazies and nuckleheads on the road only to waste the entire day, with que in hand, staring at the downtrodden, dog-faced immigration personal. Yeah. Sounds like a winner.

Oh and by the way, when i spoke with immigration about reporting our 90 day on the internet they laughed and said,"Tom Mai Dai!" "You cannot because it never works properly." Wry smiles all around the Ayyuttaya office. They said, just come in!

TIT...

Thanks Joe. That was my thought exactly. It's overwhelmingly apparent that once again the boneheads in charge of building and maintaining an important Thai government website have fail miserably.

So, what is Falang supposed to do? Ahhh...there's the rub. Load 84 year old father in vehicle and deposit baht 2000 into fuel tank of Toyota Vigo, drive the Asian hyway avoiding the crazies and nuckleheads on the road only to waste the entire day, with que in hand, staring at the downtrodden, dog-faced immigration personal. Yeah. Sounds like a winner.

Oh and by the way, when i spoke with immigration about reporting our 90 day on the internet they laughed and said,"Tom Mai Dai!" "You cannot because it never works properly." Wry smiles all around the Ayyuttaya office. They said, just come in!

TIT...

Your father does not have to make the trip - you, or anyone else, can make the report for him. Just take passport/signed TM.47 and note authorizing you to do.

Using Chrome you need to use an extension to do it. The IE Tab extension is a good one. http://www.ietab.net/

On OSX that does not work (it uninstalls after installing on OSX) , the ietab site suggested Cloud Internet Explorer by Ericom for mac users.

If you have Safari installed you can use a built in agent switcher to emulate IE.. See this post. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/817321-online-90-day-report-on-mac/?p=9306162#entry9306162

• Like 1

Using Chrome you need to use an extension to do it. The IE Tab extension is a good one. http://www.ietab.net/

On OSX that does not work (it uninstalls after installing on OSX) , the ietab site suggested Cloud Internet Explorer by Ericom for mac users.

If you have Safari installed you can use a built in agent switcher to emulate IE.. See this post. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/817321-online-90-day-report-on-mac/?p=9306162#entry9306162

Yeah I just tried that. Tried emulating IE 10 and 9 and still no good. The first few fields seem to go in ok then it gets jerkier. Recognises the mouse pointer and right click button sometimes. For eg if I start from the top and fill in the information by the time I get to "arrived by" it wont let me right click on the "arrived by plane" button.

So....I went back and did these right click buttons first (Gender, arrived by etc) and let me do it. It still wont let me click the "submit" button though.

The button doesn't activate when I click it. I did get the little hand symbol to click at one stage but still no good.

All these random problems seem to suggest to me a problem with the site now maybe?

Has anyone used safari with IE agent or could I do this on my Samsung Galaxy note phone?

Why are you right clicking on things. Or is that an apple thing.that I am not aware of. I left lick on everything. You can also tab down the page.

I went on the page earlier today and did not have a problem.

I have done it before on an Android tablet to the point of submitting it and getting the usual message I because of my old entry. I have not tried it since they changed the site to https though.

TIT...

Your father does not have to make the trip - you, or anyone else, can make the report for him. Just take passport/signed TM.47 and note authorizing you to do.

Nope, can't leave 84 year old dad at home alone. Can't trust a Thai to complete the task as ive been down that road before and it resulted in a complete FAIL and loss of $$$.

Now we have just resigned ourselves to doing everything personally and avoiding all Thai service people. Most need personal supervision by the person paying the bill. I've been here 10 years and I genuinely like the Thai people; I just dont trust them.

• Like 1

Why are you right clicking on things. Or is that an apple thing.that I am not aware of. I left lick on everything. You can also tab down the page.

I went on the page earlier today and did not have a problem.

I have done it before on an Android tablet to the point of submitting it and getting the usual message I because of my old entry. I have not tried it since they changed the site to https though.

Oh sorry haha. Yes I mean left click.

I've tried 15 times now and all different ways. It simply doesn't submit the form when I LEFT click the submit button. No error message, no nothing. I've tried highlighting the submit button pressing space or enter. Nothing

Already done that Joe. Captcha coming up with a verified symbol green. Then I wud assume simple matter of clicking the submit button but nothing happens

You should be getting at least a pop up message when you click submit. Do you have a pop up blocker enabled.

Does the submit button change colors when you move the mouse pointer over it?

Sometimes the button highlights Joe, other times it doesn't. Still nothing happens. I was getting a pop up message before when I was using Chrome saying the Captcha code wasn't entered correctly. It was entered but the green verified symbol wasn't coming up. Now I'm using Safari with IE10 agent. I can get all the info entered and the green verified symbol and the submit button highlighted but doesn't do anything when I click. Apart from my stupid comment before I have worked with computers for 20 years and am reasonably IT savvy. Maybe a pop up blocker u think?

Sometimes the button highlights Joe, other times it doesn't. Still nothing happens. I was getting a pop up message before when I was using Chrome saying the Captcha code wasn't entered correctly. It was entered but the green verified symbol wasn't coming up. Now I'm using Safari with IE10 agent. I can get all the info entered and the green verified symbol and the submit button highlighted but doesn't do anything when I click. Apart from my stupid comment before I have worked with computers for 20 years and am reasonably IT savvy. Maybe a pop up blocker u think?

The link is dead . I have tried this today with IE and it wont open

http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Others have had problems with a pop up blocker.

I am on the website at this very moment using Chrome with the TE tab extension. .I just refreshed the captcha, entered a new one and clinked submit and got the usual message.

The link is dead . I have tried this today with IE and it wont open

http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

That is the old website address. Try this one https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online

Well I finally got through. Downloaded the latest Firefox for Mac and tried it. Was no picnic thats for sure. The first couple of fields I filled in were ok, but after that had to enter one character, then wait approx 15 seconds to enter the next character of my name etc. Just got slower and slower. Took 30 minutes all up. 2nd and 3rd page seemed normal. Using Safari or Chrome I couldn't get past the submit button on the first page.

Anyway I got some sort of receipt and barcode so I assume that means they received ok?

What happens now? Do they send an email back and a scan of the report receipt or something after a week or so?

Thanks for all your help fellers. What a crap website!

You will get an email saying it is approved. The you go back online and click check the status of your application. Enter your verification number and you will see the approval that you print out and put in your passport.